PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bear is FIRED!!

Mike Atwood
12-21-2004, 08:37 PM
It's about time that they had enough of that "boob". Boyd gave hime the boot tonight!!! YAAAAAY!

Here is a shot of him rolling his box out the door........what a fool!

Mike

Smartin
12-21-2004, 08:38 PM
HE DESERVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to reach thru the screen and slap him around...I'm surprised Boyd showed that kind of restraint.

crazyjackcsa
12-21-2004, 08:58 PM
hmmm, who can fire Boyd?

NJBuickRacer
12-21-2004, 09:08 PM
This happened weeks ago, you guys just found out now?:confused:

Greg Schmelzer
12-21-2004, 09:11 PM
This happened weeks ago, you guys just found out now?:confused:

Artie, I live in Nebraska. I just found out that they have the internet on computers now!! :laugh: :moonu:

Smartin
12-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah I actually watched the finale of this series a couple weeks ago, but I'm not just watching the middle of the build-off.

I'm glad to see he finally canned Bluebutt though:laugh: I wasn't sure why he wasn't in the finale.....now I know!

custom
12-21-2004, 09:22 PM
I thought it was great when the younger set went into Louisville and beat Boyd in the show competition.
Pretty sad when his wife started yelling at the crowd during the voting process trying to sway people from voting for the kid's car because it wasn't driven all the way there (which had nothing to do with the show vote in any way) The show portion was the second half of the contest with the first being the race to the nationals. The look on Boyd's face when the arena full of people cheered the kid was great. I got the impression that the folks who voted for the kid more than likely had watched the show before.

chrome yellow
12-21-2004, 09:32 PM
that was sad. she should be ashamed of the way she acted. she looked like an even bigger fool when the winner was announced. i like the show but cant stand boyd. brad.

jimmy
12-21-2004, 09:33 PM
I like the color of his tool box! :laugh:

I was tired of his smart mouth and lack of respect for others.

And Boyd............what an arrogant :moonu:

I hardly watch the show anymore.

71GS455
12-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Is there anyone less employable on this earth?

buick64203
12-21-2004, 10:09 PM
I think that the whole show is staged. If you watch the first show, none of them act the way they do now. The show would be boring to most people if it didnt have yelling and screaming in it. Most people watch American Chopper because of the hissy fits between Paul Sr and his son. I bet Bluebear still works there. I bet you he has some sort of a deal that he just doesnt appear on camera anymore. Its starting to resemble pro wrestling more and more.

David G
12-21-2004, 10:11 PM
I've watched enough bits and pieces of this show to have figured out that bluebear was GONE when they took the rods on the road trip. I couldn't believe he made it thru some of the shows that I saw. His total lack of respect for Boyd as his employer should have had him canned long ago. I'll bet the show's producers made him keep him around for the entertainment value.

We had a part time warehouse employee a few years back who mistakenly chose to refer to our company president as "Bud" to his face. We didn't see him again after that... :Dou:

buickx
12-21-2004, 10:22 PM
I saw another show on tlc, and boyds painter is now the painter on this show with foose, says he use to paint for someone else, but now works with foose

nailheadina67
12-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Those shows give me a PITA.......but blue bear did deserve to get canned, he acted like a real jackass when offered the opportunity of a lifetime.

What gets me is those guys doing things without wearing safety glasses......remember the day they welded bear's doors closed? He cut the welds with his little air grinder without any eye protection. Heck, I got metal in my eyes a few times even with my face sheild on! Some jacka$$ will prolly see that and think it's ok and sue the producers when he gets hurt. :bglasses:

70voom
12-22-2004, 09:49 AM
I saw another show on tlc, and boyds painter is now the painter on this show with foose, says he use to paint for someone else, but now works with foose

That guys name is Charlie...he was on "Rides" with Chip Foose. I wonder how long its been since he left Boyd? I guess we will find out in upcoming shows.

70gsrick
12-22-2004, 10:02 AM
I thought Boyd was an a$$ as well. Blue bear finally takes something seriously and Boyd decided to throw water balloons at him for it! And he did throw like a girl!!! He sure didn't like them calling him one. Don't get me wrong Blue bear was an idiot. But I've lost interest in that show, I wish they would make cars and stop screwing around on every show.

MBTex
12-22-2004, 11:09 AM
If I was Blue Bear I would have been fired the day that Duane pushed my engine over. Because I would have :spank: his A$$.

nailheadina67
12-22-2004, 11:41 AM
If I was Blue Bear I would have been fired the day that Duane pushed my engine over. Because I would have :spank: his A$$.
Seriously, I've worked in quite a few shops and if that ever happened in real life, someone would have gotten the sh** kicked out of 'em! :laugh:

pglade
12-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Too bad they canned him----characters like that are what added some flavor to the show. The painter, Charlie Hutton, always had good info and commentary that made the show interesting. Face it guys, you can't give your wife or girlfriend any lip about watching soap operas (if they watch them) anymore because that's all this show is....a soap opera for car nuts.

Patton

462CID
12-22-2004, 12:17 PM
TV show. It all made good drama

462CID
12-22-2004, 12:20 PM
. The painter, Charlie Hutton, always had good info and commentary that made the show interesting.

Patton

Charlie should run both shops if you ask me. If that's how things really went in real life, Duane would be pushing a broom. Charlie somehow was interesting AND they showed him doing his job. Duane came across as charming as a fire extinguisher and as a blowhard slacker

He can't be that way in rreal life. Can't be. Duane's gotta know his stuff. All make beleive TV show, like Patton says

73 Centurion
12-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Boyd is probably making a pile of money from this show, but I've lost respect for his cars. Would you put your butt in a car built by these clowns and hit the highway? I don't think a quality product can come out of that environment, with everyone playing for the camera.

And what exactly does Boyd do other than duck walk and burn out? Have you seen him design or build anything?

It's a shame but I found the process of building something worth watching, but it devolved into idiots on parade. I hate the arguments on "Chopper" but they do still spend some time showing the fabrication of a bike.

buickx
12-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Orange county choppers is only about a 1/2 hr from me... You can go into any store that sells some type of clothing without seeing OCC on it.

JR Wills
12-22-2004, 01:06 PM
I enjoy the show to see what is going on as for shots of the carsin the background.
Most of it is BS, although I LIKE watching & listening to what Charlie said & did.
MOST of the others seem to deserve each other.
Duane & his comments to Kids at a School Function, deserved to be hit with a 2x4. (a Career Day)
Most Kids don't KNOW where to get training, or "Apprentice" to do this work, and his Mouth was out of line.
Boyd seems TO ARROGANT, and doesn't give the people actually doing the work the credit they deserve, and think it is Funny that he is in another LEGAL problem, for being STUPID. (something about Titling & emmissions on his cars).
I also notice a number of his "Creations" are going across the block @ B-J next month.
People Scream about Respect, and throw the word around.
It's a 2 way Street, EARNED & Given, & I see very little in that show.
JR

buickx
12-22-2004, 01:26 PM
A buddy of mine has know boyd for over 30 yrs, and before this show boyd had gone bankrupt... to many shops around calf... and not enough customers..maybe since the cops raided his place, the show is over.

custom
12-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Boyd is probably making a pile of money from this show, but I've lost respect for his cars. Would you put your butt in a car built by these clowns and hit the highway? I don't think a quality product can come out of that environment, with everyone playing for the camera.

And what exactly does Boyd do other than duck walk and burn out? Have you seen him design or build anything?

It's a shame but I found the process of building something worth watching, but it devolved into idiots on parade. I hate the arguments on "Chopper" but they do still spend some time showing the fabrication of a bike.

I too have lost respect for his work. What self-respecting builder would expose to the public any flaws in either his workers or his business that may cause folks to question the quality of the work? Boyd has an ego problem and whether things are staged or not people think he runs a day care of an operation. In one of the reruns Duane is complaining when Boyd tells a new intern, a young kid right off the street, to jump in and help get the wiring done on the yellow Mustang just because the deadline is approaching. Would you pay mega bucks to a team like this to do your car? Charlie, the old metal man and the chassis guy were the only talent in the shop.

3shields
12-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Actually, I think boyd has several talented men/boys working for him, but they all play to the camera, as was previously said. I think alot of the deadlines are B.S. and staged though....you know, that little thing called "Drama". Mike the machinist at first kinda seemed clueless, but i think he is fairly talented and knowlegeable. Charlie, Roy, and yes the Bearded chassis guy all seem talented. It appears that the boys in the body shop, with Charlies guidance, do some decent work. I have to aggree though, Bluebear should have been gone a long time ago....And some of the guys to leave earlier on maybe should still be there. The boy with the wise comment to Duane about doing it himself, maybe should have been warned that he was out of line.....And "Tig" was possibly trying too hard, but seemed very talented.....Duane is simply an :moonu: .....and shouldn't be allowed to run Boyd's shop on a day to day basis.

Let's just keep watching "Rides".....they are still building cars on there. At least "Overhaulin'" builds cars, even though they jumped on the Drama Train too....

John

D-Con
12-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Even though Roy is/was supposed to e a cranky old bugger, I would love to have worked for him for a year. A very talented old grouch.

Charlie works for Chip Foose now, Bluebear is at 7-11, and Roy has reportedly retired.

HADA-X
12-23-2004, 12:32 AM
I too have lost respect for his work. What self-respecting builder would expose to the public any flaws in either his workers or his business that may cause folks to question the quality of the work? Boyd has an ego problem and whether things are staged or not people think he runs a day care of an operation. In one of the reruns Duane is complaining when Boyd tells a new intern, a young kid right off the street, to jump in and help get the wiring done on the yellow Mustang just because the deadline is approaching. Would you pay mega bucks to a team like this to do your car? Charlie, the old metal man and the chassis guy were the only talent in the shop.

i hate to tell everyone this. but when you take your car to a dealer 90% of the techs are right out of school. so you are paying 80 dollars plus per hour for some snot nose kid to throw parts at your car until the problem goes a way or you do. if your car does not pull a code. they do not know how to fix the problem!!! thats the life with interns :Dou: :Dou: rns

custom
12-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Mike,
I beg to differ. My son is an intern at a local dealer as he co-ops thru the local college automotibve program. He does do tires, oil changes, interior repairs and regular type maintenance on his own but any major work he gets involved with is under the supervision of an experienced ASE mechanic that he "shadows". He has had the opportunity to remove engines, change trannys and yes even check for codes but never on his own. His 'mentor" can't afford to let any work he does go unchecked since the mentor is responsible for the results.
My point is that people are paying 6 figures to Boyd for custom creations and when you are spending that kind of money you don't want to hear that the guy who is charging you that kind of dough is throwing warm bodies at problems simply to meet the completion deadline.

HADA-X
12-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Mark i know about the mentor programs a great way for a young kid to learn a great trade. i have seen the bad side of the program the last 15 years.
mentors using the trainee to bring his billed hrs. up. then the service managers making the trainee leave the mentor to soon. ask your son what the drivability teck does when a car comes in with problem but pulls no codes? i have seen the cars sitting in the bay for days. the young tecks are not being tought how to hunt down a problem. if your son can learn how to do that he will make tons of money.good luck to him :TU:

MBTex
02-25-2005, 05:14 PM
He now works for another highly respected Traditional Hot Rod builder Jimmy White.

O.k I have seen people harping on Blue Bear for the last few weeks and biting my tongue. It is know time to set the record straight and give some background on the infamous Blue Bear. What some people dont know about Blue Bear was he was showing up at Boyds shop when he was still in High school, wanting to learn how to build "hot rods" we all gave him the "get the **** out of here kid". He kept showing up, his persistence paid off. Eventually I taught Blue Bear how to Tig weld, fit tubes, make templates, basic fabrication skills. He graduated from high school and started working full time, the kid was actually doing it! Eventually like Blue Bear, Boyd and myself had a difference of opinions I ended up quitting and starting my own shop (circle city hot rods). Blue Bear kept at it and developed a taste for simpler more traditional style cars. (he said my coupe was a big influence). Blue Bear had a car that he bought (the model a) with his own money, and he scavenged and saved for the rest of his parts. Boyd comes along and decides to do the rat rod build-off. And this is were the problems start coming in. Blue Bear has his vision of how he wants to build his car, He has been researching reading the old mags, and paying attention to traditional cars. I dont know about you guys, but when I envision a project that I have been thinking about for years I stick to my vision. Blue Bear didnt want to change his vision, I for one think that is cool. Another thing that you guys dont see is the behind the scenes stuff, You just see the drama that the Discovery guys show you. I am not trying to brag, but I have been building hot rods for a pretty long time now, and I know the difference between an unsafe ****box and a decently built car. Blue Bears car was a pretty nice car. It was probably built better then most of the people that are talking **** on him on this board could build. I also suspect that you guys dont know of all the hours that he put in working for Boyd, not getting a cent of overtime. Or how he was sick of building plastic kit cars. Or how American Hot Rod portrayed him as being the village idiot. Yes, Blue Bear works for me now, I wouldnt hire someone that couldnt do the job or that built unsafe cars. The people that know me on this board know the kind of cars we build, and the quality I expect. I am really pleased with the fact that Blue Bear and I have come full circle, he is now able to build the style of cars he likes, in a better atmosphere. I personally invite any of you to come to my shop anytime to see the real Blue Bear.

pooods
02-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Blue Bear has to be talanted. But, he has a bad attitude. Blame Discovery if you want for showing him at his worst, but he did say some stupid stuff. Hard headed doesn't start to describe the way he came across several times. Then he chose to get the other employees in the middle of it. It might have been his car, but according to the show, Boyd paid for several parts. Boyd bought the shop and many of the tools in which the kid used to work on the car. Boyd is arrogant I am sure. I am sure we don't see the whole story either. But, Discovery didn't go to the kid and say "Be an ass for us on TV!". I have been down a similar road with a kid who came to my shop and stayed around. I eventually got him to sweep and clean up. He later came on payroll and worked full time. After 4 years, he was driving me nuts. He would not listen to nothing, and always thought he was right. He would do things when told not to. The ultimate came when he flared up in my face one day when I told him to listen and do what we wanted. I actually protected this kid from the other workers and bosses for years. Then it bit me in the ass. He now works elsewhere and visits on occasion. Bottom line to me is, do what the boss tells you. After all, he is the boss, and pays the bills.

NickDFX
02-26-2005, 02:53 AM
I havent seen that show for a few weeks but, man they piss me off. That Boyd is bitch (hope that word is ok in here, it's just the only way to describe that sob)

He has some good guys working for him but I've had enough of his "rich man's hot rods" and pre-fab bodies with chevy crates.

They give very little regard for the labors of love we all share.

I'd like to see a show about a guy with an old classic car and no money trying to restore his dream car by himself in his garage with only the aid of his friends here in the Buick boards.....hey....that's me!! :Dou:

nailheadina67
02-26-2005, 09:08 AM
I'd like to see a show about a guy with an old classic car and no money trying to restore his dream car by himself in his garage with only the aid of his friends here in the Buick boards.....hey....that's me!! :Dou:

AMEN. :TU:

73-462GS
02-26-2005, 11:27 AM
It must be popular- There is another show on the Speed Channel about an east coast operation (somethig whips I think) that does high dollar upgrades to H2's and other stuff like that for the big dollar athletes. Same high strung owner that barks at his employees, yells and screams and chews people out all the time. Gives the industry a bad name in my opinion. Mike D.

StreetStrip
02-27-2005, 01:33 AM
It must be popular- There is another show on the Speed Channel about an east coast operation (somethig whips I think) that does high dollar upgrades to H2's and other stuff like that for the big dollar athletes. Same high strung owner that barks at his employees, yells and screams and chews people out all the time. Gives the industry a bad name in my opinion. Mike D.

Awww man. YOu got me so excited. And then I realized you meant Hummer 2.

I was ready to order speed channel just to see guys
hop'in up 71-75 Kaw H2 750s

----------

BB being fired was sad but you must admit he had sort of an attiude at the wrong time. A guy is paying to have your car built and paying you to do it. You must give him respect and might as well assume its his car. Untill your not on the clock getting paid.

Worst was Charlie getting fired. And even worse was him and Boyds wife. Man was she crying and losing it. I think they had something going, if you know what I mean.

Cause I swear, I swear I have seen her in a naughty adult flick.
And no way Boyd has the energy to make her smile right.

JOE RIV 1
03-06-2005, 02:19 AM
IT"S TV! CHANGE THE STATION! :ball: :rant: :mad: :moonu:

65_Lark
03-06-2005, 02:41 AM
i hate to tell everyone this. but when you take your car to a dealer 90% of the techs are right out of school. so you are paying 80 dollars plus per hour for some snot nose kid to throw parts at your car until the problem goes a way or you do. if your car does not pull a code. they do not know how to fix the problem!!! thats the life with interns :Dou: :Dou: rns

I beg to differ. I work at a Cadillac dealership here on Long Island the average age of the technicians is over forty years old, with two interns me and another college student. And each one of them is a specialist in some aspect of the automobile. The intern and I do oil changes and are parts getters for the techs.

65_Lark
03-06-2005, 02:45 AM

That place is literally five seconds from my house. Those guys are real pricks. They ruined an absolutely gorgeous 66 GTO. I walked up to their front lawn to take a few pics of an Enzo Ferrari they had in the parking lot and the owner threatened to call the police.

67Wildcat2post
03-29-2005, 08:00 PM
lmao when that happened.

iceman71996
03-29-2005, 08:23 PM
chip foose used to work for boyd at one time that is why he was so pissed off when charlie left :af:

67Wildcat2post
03-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Charlie should have stayed. He was cool. Beetle Bailey went with him.