Cruise control power unit

Discussion in 'A boatload of fun' started by BK455, Jul 7, 2019.

  1. BK455

    BK455 Platinum Level Contributor

    Where can i get this part? It is the vacuum diaghram with the chain that connects to the throttle linkage.
  2. 66electrafied

    66electrafied Just tossing in my nickel's worth

    It totally depends on what year of cruise control you're looking for. Anything post 1969 would have a transducer unit that has a speedo cable coming out of it and that would be connected to a diaphragm and a chain, or, if it's pre-69 it's hooked up to a "brain" unit under the dash which also has another component built into the speedo. The diaphragm outside would then be driven off vacuum. And then to complicate matters even more, Skylark with the Super Turbine 300 used something totally different again.
  3. 73Electra 225

    73Electra 225 Well-Known Member

    Look on ebay and in junk yards. If you don't care about originality, you can often make fit one from another car. The original one on mine was torn when I first bought it and I think I was able to get one from an 80's Caddy to fit close enough that it worked.
  4. BK455

    BK455 Platinum Level Contributor

    I guess thats what i have to do, thx.

Share This Page