Hi gang, Here's how it went down.. Mike Erickson, board member and longtime customer and friend of mine, brought his TSP 555 Tomahawk for a mild freshen up and repair into the shop Labor Day Weekend. Mike is the owner of the very first production run Tomahawk built, and the second one build overall, Rod Hendrickson had his together first. I finished Mike's first build on Memorial day weekend, in 2010. To date, it has been freshened twice, reconfigured for more power once, and has over 700 passes on it. In current form it made 830 HP at 6300rpm, and pushed his 2500 lbs tube chassis Regal to 8.50's at 156-157 MPH. Mike had broken the rocker shaft on his Stage 3 heads, and while he was in the shop dropping off his motor, he was eyeballing Kenny's Billet heads, sitting on one of my benches. He had always been interested in them.. but thought maybe they might be a bit of overkill for a bracket racer. I thought, what the heck, this is a great opportunity to do some testing with the Billet heads, and if we could get it together fast enough, we could do some on track testing at the upcoming GS nats. See if we can put together a good bracket race combo, that peaks the power around 7000, and makes over 1000 HP. That's a tall order, typically one has to turn the motor another 1000 rpm or so to get to that 4 digit number. Remember, HP is a mathematical figure, derived from a formula. Torque and rpm are the two main multipliers, so raising the torque peak to a higher rpm is typically required to make big power, especially when your staying Naturally Aspirated. But we had some different stuff to work with, namely 500 cfm Billet cylinder heads thanks to Kenny Betts Racing. Let see if we can put those parts to use, and come up with a couple different builds. All the parts to do it, except the camshaft, were sitting in the shop, so we went for it.. A few pics of the teardown, and the initial mock-ups.. This is the first time all the head bolts were installed and torqued with these heads.. fit was perfect, Kenny did a great job in locating all the holes in all the right places. Stud lengths are dead on.. Including the 4 studs in the valley.. cool... The only thing that a little tricky with these heads, is a bit of head bolt/valvetrain interference.. Due to the locations of the valves, and the use of the stock Buick bolt pattern, we are limited to a 1.500 diameter spring locator, and valve spring set. I was able to locate a set of springs at that diameter, that would work just fine for us. It's tight, but I got it together. O-ring fitting.. Trimmed and ready to seal.. Speaking of seals, here are the intake spacers for the end rails.. And all together.... Checking clearance of the actual springs to be used.. no problems.. Note the valve cover O-ring.. Valve cover and intake O-rings..not a gasket in sight.. 4 Bolts on the bottom of the valve cover.. AND NO GASKETS.... It's like I have died and gone to Heaven.. The valve covers are of course Billet, and this stuff fits together perfectly.. as in, you line 1 valve cover bolt up, you can literally drop the other 6 in, and hit them with an electric impact, they are dead nuts lined up.. the engineering and execution on these parts is outstanding. OK, so far so good.. next we look at his shortblock, been about 300 passes since I last freshened it.