GS Scoop mounts

Discussion in 'Parts wanted' started by buicks, May 29, 2013.

  1. buicks

    buicks Well-Known Member

    Looking for the mounting pieces that go between the insert and the bottom plate. 70,71,or 72.


    Goes between these:


  2. StratoBlue72

    StratoBlue72 Well-Known Member

    I should have some of those.
  3. buicks

    buicks Well-Known Member

    Cool, let me know what you find, thanks!
  4. buicks

    buicks Well-Known Member

    Any luck?
  5. wheelz

    wheelz 'B' is for Buick.

    Jason.. FWIW, The INSERTS you are looking for are the same 70-72.
    The pix of the foam pad on the RIGHT is actually a 72 only part. The grills you show are 71. WHAT year GS is your car?

    Wheelz, Tampa Bay
  6. buicks

    buicks Well-Known Member

    Those pics I posted are just examples not my actual parts. As you said the part I am looking for is the same all 3 years.

    ---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

    Still looking for some of these, thanks.
  7. gsfred

    gsfred Founders Club Member

    PM Sent
  8. wheelz

    wheelz 'B' is for Buick.

    WELL, I must not be coming across very well here...what I'm trying to say is... the passenger INSERTS ARE the same for 70 - 72. THE 72 insert differs for 72 model driver side where as the opening is tri angular shape. Does that make it any clearer? :TU:

    So, again, WHAT YEAR are you looking for???

    Wheelz, Tampa Bay
  9. buicks

    buicks Well-Known Member

    That does make sense. Your question has a pretty loaded answer though... :)

    My car has been around the block, its a 72 Skylark, with a 69 350 engine, with 72 heads, with 69 rocker assemblies and adjustable pushrods, the air cleaner I found is a 71 as are the black foam plates and grilles, (no triangle), the hood is fiberglass with no holes cut yet, I'm trying to make it work.

Share This Page