Is this grommet reproduced?

Discussion in 'The Big Chill' started by NZ GS 400, Aug 14, 2019.

  1. NZ GS 400

    NZ GS 400 Gold Level Contributor

    SmartSelect_20190815-113211_eBay.jpg Please see picture. The 4 hole grommet. This goes in the blower housing. 67 skylark/gs.

    Anyone have a serviceable used one to sell?

  2. TrunkMonkey

    TrunkMonkey Well-Known Member

    Is it a grommet (pass through) or does it have pins/receptacle terminations on the other side?
  3. NZ GS 400

    NZ GS 400 Gold Level Contributor

    I am not sure. I don't have an example in hand to refer to.
  4. NZ GS 400

    NZ GS 400 Gold Level Contributor

    1565828142387975260254601369098.jpg After referring to the shop manual again, it does appear to have hose connectors on the back.

    Attached Files:

  5. TrunkMonkey

    TrunkMonkey Well-Known Member

    The diagram helps. I think it is much larger than I first thought. Originally, I thought a "mini DIN" connector might be about the right size, but it looks to be quite a bit larger.

    It may take some effort, but one could be made from a proper sized rubber stopper used in "science labs", using successive drill bits and drilling the holes, then carefully shaving the outside of the stopper to narrow the center. (Or a really dense, black, rubberized, closed cell foam)

    I have done similar things. A very sharp (and several) razor blades, cut, fit, cut some more until you get it.

    Unlikely that you will find anything reproduced, nor of the same OD and having the correct hole size, but patience and determination, you can fashion about anything.

    Hope that helps.
  6. NZ GS 400

    NZ GS 400 Gold Level Contributor

    Thanks for your suggestions. Here's hoping I can find a used original! Otherwise I will try your stopper idea.
  7. TrunkMonkey

    TrunkMonkey Well-Known Member

    Several folks are in the business of parting cars and supplying parts. Hope one has what you need. :)

Share This Page