The Triathlete X

Discussion in 'Pro-Touring' started by alvareracing, Jul 1, 2018.

  1. alvareracing

    alvareracing Well-Known Member

    Originally built for drag racing only 25+ years ago, I decided to change everything and make it streetable, road race and still drag it. It's been a 3 year transformation changing drive train, add an interior with a few creature comforts, wiring, suspension, brakes, body panels etc. Basically rebuilt the whole damn car to be street legal and ride with style. It runs and drive now, but it is time to finish the second phase of the project which is the brakes and suspension. Here are a few pics. Wheels will be ordered next week and hopefully in about 8 weeks we all will get to see the whole car done. Today I install the rear brakes after modifying the caliper brackets so the C-clip eliminator would fit the flange correctly due to the spacing of the bracket. The front end is complete. These are the parts used.
    BMR upper and lower arms with tall ball joints.
    Viking coil over 2way adjustable shocks
    RideTech spindles, Muscle Bar, Billet Tie Rod Adjusters
    Kore 3 Billet hubs, and caliper brackets, and FlexKore braided hoses
    C6 Corvette front & rear calipers with 14" GM Performance rotors
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    ilikebmx999 and docgsx like this.
  2. ilikebmx999

    ilikebmx999 Well-Known Member

    That all looks great! Any pics of the entire car? I’d be interested in the interior too.
     
  3. sailbrd

    sailbrd Well-Known Member

    What did you do with the frame?
     
  4. alvareracing

    alvareracing Well-Known Member

    are you referring to the paint? It's been cleaned, sanded and painted with 2 part enamel , semi-gloss paint with hardner. I re-did the firewall and frame while everything was out again to give it the fresh look. As soon as I complete this project I'll get pictures of everything. But here are some of what I was doing. I'm terrible about taking pictures, I get involved in the work and barely stop to take pics. Interior totally insulated, firewall was smoothed out, these are before paint. I purchased all new interior inside from legendary because it had nothing but aluminum panels and a seat. Now it looks like a stock eliminator with full interior. I'll get pictures up soon.
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  5. alvareracing

    alvareracing Well-Known Member

    few more, core support cover had to take 1.75" to make it fit my home made core support. New motor in fitting every around it. Made brackets to hold everything in like oil filter, radiator, shroud, cover, all engine accessories, A/C, PS, vacuum pump,. Home made pulleys, you name it had to be made or modified. Yeah a 73 fan shroud because I have no place for water recovery tank or windsheild fluid tank on the fenders, no inner fenders. I made aluminized panels to simulate inner fenders, now they are powder coated black.
     

    Attached Files:

  6. alvareracing

    alvareracing Well-Known Member

    a few more for you to enjoy. Front and rear of the motor before it went in. Radiator, A/C condenser, tranny and oil coolers. Oh, yeah nice set of rockers!
     

    Attached Files:

  7. alvareracing

    alvareracing Well-Known Member

    no progress today, I can't believe I can't find locally a National seal for the C-clip eliminators in the back. Seals are about 25+ years old and want to replace them before I stick the axles back in. I guess I'll drink!
     

Share This Page