Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site Owner?

powermelissa Guest

Default Site Owner?

Hey guys, I'm Melissa! I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. First off, I'm a big-time car girl. I really dig cars of all types, and especially drag racing.

I've worked for the NMRA & NMCA the past few years, and now I'm helping start a new video company called powerTV which broadcasts motorsport TV and video over the internet.

I was wondering if anyone could put me in touch with the owner (or one of the owners) of the site. We are interested in working with the site on some really cool free video technology we're developing. I can be reached at mlawrence@gopowertv.com. Thanks!

Hi Melissa, and welcome to V8Buick.com!

Contact Jim Weise here thru a PM, or email him at jim@trishieldperf.com
    Ex-1968 GS350
    Ex-1998 Riviera

powermelissa Guest

Thanks for the welcome. And I appreciate the info!

Welcome to the board!

- Freed
    - Freed

- Original '70 GS 455 - At High Torque Racing Auto Body & Paint getting a new life.
    - Original '62 Skylark Special - Waiting it's turn.
    - '87 Grand National - Driver, used to be Dad's. Ran low 12's at one time. Now needing some TLC.

Gone but not forgotten:
    - {DECEASED} '96 Roadmonster Sedan
    - {SOLD} Bone-stock '87 GN
    - {SOLD} '71 Skylark - 4-door post, 350/2BBL
    - {GONE} '91 Chevy S-10, rear end total

Quote Originally Posted by powermelissa
    Hey guys, I'm Melissa! I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. First off, I'm a big-time car girl. I really dig cars of all types, and especially drag racing.

I've worked for the NMRA & NMCA the past few years, and now I'm helping start a new video company called powerTV which broadcasts motorsport TV and video over the internet.

I was wondering if anyone could put me in touch with the owner (or one of the owners) of the site. We are interested in working with the site on some really cool free video technology we're developing. I can be reached at mlawrence@gopowertv.com. Thanks!

From one car girl to another....Welcome to the site!!!!!

Watch out for these guys on here because some of them aren't as tame as they might seem!
    Dee

BPG #1801
    LSPBC #131

powermelissa Guest

Thanks for the welcome, Dee! And I appreciate the heads-up!

Default Re: Site Owner?

Now why would we be tame? We own Buicks!!!!

Thanks a lot Dee!??!! I mean it's hard enough fooling people into trying to run my old '70 Skylark convertible with the hood scoops....Dan
    Yeah, I know it's a sickness.....but it's easily treatable with money.

66 GS 4-speed hardtop; blue/blue my first car since age 15
    66 GS 4-speed thin pillar cpe blue/blue
    66 GS 4-speed conv.; turquoise/blk/blk
    68 Riviera GS white/blk
    70 GS Stage 1 convertible; wht/blk/blk
    1974 Riviera GS Stage 1; blue/blue
    67 Firebird 400 hdtp auto; grn/blk
    65 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    66 Alfa Romeo Duetto ex-East coast racer

Welcome Melissa?
    http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/guer...tml#post853104
    ElectraJim
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe
    www.antiqueautomotiveservice.com

http://www.antiqueautomotiveservice.com/images/logo_top.gif

I hate marketing BS.
    Rob Burk
    '70 GS Stage 1
    '94 Z-71 Shortbed

How rusty could it be? (Rear filler and Window channel replacement)
    http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?t=90010"

hogans"3" X-pipe thread
    http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?t=149788

This is terrible news. I thought Melissa sounded nice and I was hoping to meet her someday My life is ruined now. Not only that but now I won't know where to buy car stuff without her help. Every weekend, I watch the "PowerblockTV" four hour infomercial on TV but somehow I miss the names, websites and phone numbers of the vendors. I sit there with my credit card and phone in hand and they repeat the numbers over and over and over but I just can't remember. Now, without Melissa right here on V8Buick to help me spend my money I'm screwed. I don't know what to do, where to turn. I quit. It's over. I'm out. I'm done.
    Andy, 1970 Skylark Custom

Support your country
    Support your neighbors
    Support yourself
    Buy American

Wink Re: Site Owner?

and the website in her sig is for sale good job to the mods to keep her spam off the site at least ive never seen any.
    Jamie McClintonPride and joy '65 Special convertible w/340-4
    '69 Special Deluxe

Retired Starter & Alternator rebuilder
    Buick mini-starters for sale!
    Hi-output alternators!

Quote Originally Posted by 70aqua_custom View Post
    This is terrible news. I thought Melissa sounded nice and I was hoping to meet her someday My life is ruined now. Not only that but now I won't know where to buy car stuff without her help. Every weekend, I watch the "PowerblockTV" four hour infomercial on TV but somehow I miss the names, websites and phone numbers of the vendors. I sit there with my credit card and phone in hand and they repeat the numbers over and over and over but I just can't remember. Now, without Melissa right here on V8Buick to help me spend my money I'm screwed. I don't know what to do, where to turn. I quit. It's over. I'm out. I'm done.
    lmao love it..
    Mike aka BiZnO
    72 twinturbo Skylark

Buick 350 Inspirational members to me..
    TuBBeD for his 551+ N/A build
    BillMah52 First to take a 350 where no man has gone before
    Justa350 First to hang a pair of turbos and cause Kaos
    GSJohnny First to max out the bore at .090 and his .075 and have engines that actually breath well N/A!
    Bobb Makley First well known to Stroke a 350
    Ken Betts, Hopefully the guy to pull-off 350 AL heads :-D

1313 Mockingbyrd Lane, Moonbase Alpha, Magrathea

The post was so contrived that it is obvious.
    I was going to say something when this was first posted, but everyone seemed so enamored that I decided not to.

ROTFLMAO.
    Truzi
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom Convertible

Hey Guys..

My name is James, I've been registered on here for a while. I'm the founder of powerTV

We have never posted on V8 Buick except to talk to the administrator about our video hosting service we provide to forums (let's them have their own youtube). We do this for a lot of forums at no cost.

I just wanted to respond just to provide both sides of this story, and below is a note I originally started on Corvette forum.

While I agree with all efforts to reduce SPAM and corporate bullying and marketing tactics - the presentation of the facts and Jonathan Rubenstein's motives are not what they appear to be.

Jonathan is leading a personal witch hunt and has a history of attacking SEMA and other companies. This entire issue started when he sent out an Anti-SEMA e-mail and I defended SEMA. Apparently he is obsessed with this type of thing and ever since then, he has dedicated thousands of hours to trying to destroy our company.

He claims we are stealth guerilla marketing company, not an online TV show/automotive TV network. Of course, if you read through all of his threads, he also hates PriMedia, SEMA, HorsepowerTV, Discovery Channel, Comp Cams, Holley, and just about every other media company, TV show, or business in the industry..

I would post a link to a more detailed response, but I can't post any links. If someone cares, I can PM the link and they can post it.

James

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with Melissa's posts.
    Rick - BPG #1462
    1999 Trans Am, STS Turbo 5PSI 11.91 1.60 short time
    67 Skylark - Tubbed-n-caged - Sold - Probably in a scrap yard by now. :-(
    67 GS Convertible clone, 67 Skylark, 67 GS400, 67GS400 4spd, 70 GS455, 71 post, ... all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ricknmel67 View Post
    Personally, I don't see anything wrong with Melissa's posts.
    I can. As far as I know, the purpose of this site is for Buick enthusiasts to share information about Buicks. She came on here with the sole purpose of promoting PowerTV. Most likely she was following orders. She copied the same schpeal onto many automotive forums. This is known as SPAM. If she actually wanted to find out who was the owner of the site it wouldn't have taken very much work and would not require this useless (to us) thread.

This is the main reason I'm here way more than I watch TV. Here I can read and learn about Buicks and try to help people that are interested in Buicks. I don't have to sit through the commercials, idiotic scripted drama or blatant product promotions within the show just to see 3 minutes of interesting car material. Here it's just about all Buick all the time. If SPAM was allowed here, it wouldn be long before V8Buick would be even worse than automotive TV!
    Andy, 1970 Skylark Custom

Support your country
    Support your neighbors
    Support yourself
    Buy American

Bottom line....
    Buick and Olds guys always root for the underdog. Because we are underdogs ourselves.
    Sometimes I b1tch that parts are so hard to find, but then after a beer or a cup of coffee I remember that's why I like it. Some people still like working hard for their stuff.

Someone told me there's a green GS being stored at Mount Rushmore in George Washington's nostril camoflauged as a booger for the last 40 years.
    Road trip anyone? Grab your mountain climbing gear.

Quote Originally Posted by J-(Chicago) View Post
    Someone told me there's a green GS being stored at Mount Rushmore in George Washington's nostril camoflauged as a booger for the last 40 years.
    Road trip anyone? Grab your mountain climbing gear.
    Hmmm...sounds like the plot for "National Treasure 3"....

2008 NMCA Original Parts Group "Nostalgia Muscle Car" #3
    2007 NSCA Rocket Fuels "American Muscle" World Champion Runner Up
    2006 NSCA Jeg's "American Muscle" #10
    2005 NSCA Jeg's "American Muscle" #6
    2004 NSCA Ramchargers "American Muscle" #4
    2003 NMCA BF Goodrich "American Muscle" World Champion Runner Up
    2002 NMCA/NSCA Mickey Thompson "Street Eliminator" #3
    2001 NMCA Mickey Thompson "Street Eliminator" #6
    JAMA Racing Ministries Chaplain to the NSCA

Quote Originally Posted by 70aqua_custom View Post
    I can. As far as I know, the purpose of this site is for Buick enthusiasts to share information about Buicks. She came on here with the sole purpose of promoting PowerTV. Most likely she was following orders. She copied the same schpeal onto many automotive forums. This is known as SPAM. If she actually wanted to find out who was the owner of the site it wouldn't have taken very much work and would not require this useless (to us) thread.

This is the main reason I'm here way more than I watch TV. Here I can read and learn about Buicks and try to help people that are interested in Buicks. I don't have to sit through the commercials, idiotic scripted drama or blatant product promotions within the show just to see 3 minutes of interesting car material. Here it's just about all Buick all the time. If SPAM was allowed here, it wouldn be long before V8Buick would be even worse than automotive TV!
    I don't think I did a very good job explaining what powerTV is. What powerTV offers V8Buick.com is a video hosting service for your forum. This isn't something where we broadcast videos to your web site, it allows you to upload your own videos into your own video player.

In a boat, in the caribbean, drinking rum

Quote Originally Posted by nmrajames View Post
    I don't think I did a very good job explaining what powerTV is. What powerTV offers V8Buick.com is a video hosting service for your forum. This isn't something where we broadcast videos to your web site, it allows you to upload your own videos into your own video player.
    So it's you-tube for cars exclusively? Just car related videos, and no drunk red-necks falling off rooftops or movie trailers?

Well, if that's the case, then more power to you. But personally, I kinda like watching drunk red-necks getting their @sses busted :D
    I used to be somebody. Now I'm just a burnt out middle aged guy chasing 20 year old girls on a beach in the caribbean... And loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Roederer View Post
    So it's you-tube for cars exclusively? Just car related videos, and no drunk red-necks falling off rooftops or movie trailers?

Well, if that's the case, then more power to you. But personally, I kinda like watching drunk red-necks getting their @sses busted :D
    Well, what we were offering to V8 Buick was your own YouTube-style branded player. The members could upload anything they want, or whatever the admins or moderators deemed appropriate.

In a boat, in the caribbean, drinking rum

Quote Originally Posted by nmrajames View Post
    Well, what we were offering to V8 Buick was your own YouTube-style branded player. The members could upload anything they want, or whatever the admins or moderators deemed appropriate.
    Sorry James, but your 1 or 2 sentence answers arent giving much information.
    Jim Weise owns v8buick.com, but this site, and probably about 95% of all the other automotive enthusiast web sites are member supported.

So answer the hard questions and let us make a democratic decision.
    Who's brand is headlined on the "branded player"?
    Who controls how much outside advertising [your ads] appear on "our" player?
    What will it cost "our" site to have the privlege of using "your" software?
    Who pays for the increased bandwith?
    Who pays for the increased storage requirements?
    If the product and service you are offering are so great, then why has one man been such a serious threat to bringing you down?

Melissa said your service is "free", but we both know that nothing in life is free... Show us the fine print.
    I used to be somebody. Now I'm just a burnt out middle aged guy chasing 20 year old girls on a beach in the caribbean... And loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Roederer View Post

Here we go.. The best of both worlds.. Just mute the beginning because he swears a little.

drunk rednecks jumping a toyota
    David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast