Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Cool Holley ProJection 2D

Ok guys,

I've got a 350 2bbl in my Skylark. It's got 86k on it, and it's the original 9:1 compression motor.

I'd like to add fuel injection to it next summer, as opposed to buying another car. I've been looking at the Holley ProJection 2D, apparently it's bolt-on with the Rochester manifold adapter, and a new air cleaner.

My question is, is it worth the $900, I'll spend on it and parts. And, is it going to get any better fuel economy than my 2BBL, which isn't too bad?

I'd also like to keep my ST300 2 Speed, I've gotten to liking it.
    John T. Yocum
    1969 Buick Skylark 350-2 HEI/ST300, Dual 2.25" Exhaust with Magnaflows

Default Re: Holley ProJection 2D

JTY said:Ok guys,

I've got a 350 2bbl in my Skylark. It's got 86k on it, and it's the original 9:1 compression motor.

I'd like to add fuel injection to it next summer, as opposed to buying another car. I've been looking at the Holley ProJection 2D, apparently it's bolt-on with the Rochester manifold adapter, and a new air cleaner.

My question is, is it worth the $900, I'll spend on it and parts. And, is it going to get any better fuel economy than my 2BBL, which isn't too bad?

I'd also like to keep my ST300 2 Speed, I've gotten to liking it.
    I see your just North of me...

I think you would be in the minority to install such a system on your car. If mileage is what your after your two barrel is hard to beat. If you want more performance $900 would go much further in another area.

Jerry
    Staged 2 Go!!
    Jerry Roslie
    Tacoma, WA

\\Dyno: 439.39 RWHP/437.99 TQ//
    11.03 @ 119.82 MPH
    (3500 #'s w/driver)
    Whimpy 9.3:1 compression!!

Cool

Performance wise, I don't really need much more power.

My car has plenty power to take the average HONDUH, if needed.
    John T. Yocum
    1969 Buick Skylark 350-2 HEI/ST300, Dual 2.25" Exhaust with Magnaflows

I ran the original Projection for 7 or 8 years.

It isn't perfect, but it's good considering the price. I think it is a good way to go, as long as you aren't looking for anything fancy.

You will need to run a return line to the gas tank (if you don't have one already), other than that it's a straightforward installation.

The biggest regret when I installed mine is that I tried too hard to use the factory harness- I should have cut the wiring to make it fit the car, instead of cutting the car to fit the wiring.

-Bob Cunningham
    bobc@gnttype.org