Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Default Lost BA 70 trans last installed in a Red (originally Green) 70 GS convert fromDenver

If you own a 1970 GS convertible, originally sherwood green but repainted red with black interior and almost every option, you might have my original 1970BA transmission in your car.

Looking for my BA 1970 transmission (stamped 40K102918) for VIN 446670K102918 that I gave (can you believe it?!) to Pat Quinney, Director of the Rocky Mountain Buick GS club, to use in his restoration of another 1970 GS convertible.

Pat restored this other convertible in Denver, Colorado, and later sold it to a fellow in Loveland, Colorado in the mid 1990s. We have lost track of it since then.

The car was originally Sherwood green with black interior. Pat repainted it Red with black interior, and installed almost every available option.

I am now restoring the once-parts-car from which this transmission came, and have the original engine, rear end, and would like to get the original transmission back. Any help appreciated!

Mike Schweitzer
    (303) 564-1744 cell
    schwemf@yahoo.com

Default Re: Lost BA 70 trans last installed in a Red (originally Green) 70 GS convert fromDen

Still looking for this. Is anyone see this car please let me know, or send the owner my way. Thank you!
    Mike Schweitzer
    Rocky Mountain Buick GS club

Default Re: Lost BA 70 trans last installed in a Red (originally Green) 70 GS convert fromDen

Mike Smiley in Greeley, Colorado, bought this car and later sold it to someone in California. Have any of you California members seen this car?
    Mike Schweitzer

Still looking!
    Mike Schweitzer

Still looking.
    Mike Schweitzer

Still looking.
    Mike Schweitzer

ttt
    Mike Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by schwemf View Post
    If you own a 1970 GS convertible, originally sherwood green but repainted red with black interior and almost every option, you might have my original 1970BA transmission in your car.

Looking for my BA 1970 transmission (stamped 40K102918) for VIN 446670K102918 that I gave (can you believe it?!) to Pat Quinney, Director of the Rocky Mountain Buick GS club, to use in his restoration of another 1970 GS convertible.

Pat restored this other convertible in Denver, Colorado, and later sold it to a fellow in Loveland, Colorado in the mid 1990s. We have lost track of it since then.

The car was originally Sherwood green with black interior. Pat repainted it Red with black interior, and installed almost every available option.

I am now restoring the once-parts-car from which this transmission came, and have the original engine, rear end, and would like to get the original transmission back. Any help appreciated!

Mike Schweitzer
    (303) 564-1744 cell
    schwemf@yahoo.com
    I have 2 of these and will check the numbers
    John & Terry Kemper
    GSCA #4322
    BPG #1373

70 Sportwagon

If you see a Fire Red 1970 GS convertible with black interior and loaded with options, please if you would check the cowl plate to see if the original color was Sherwood Green code 'M' or '48'. I'd sure be interested in talking with the current owner.

This car was very rusty when it was restored decades ago, so that may have caught up with it by now. I'm in a position to buy the entire car just to get my original transmission back.
    Mike Schweitzer

Still looking.
    Mike Schweitzer