Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Default Re: D&S Performance (DAN SMITH) Buick 455!

I think one of them must be dead!!! For months he posts a message about every nut and bolt he buys for the thing and then the week he is promosed his engine he just drops off the faceof the earth and posts nothing.
    The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RegalBeagle View Post
    I think one of them must be dead!!! For months he posts a message about every nut and bolt he buys for the thing and then the week he is promosed his engine he just drops off the faceof the earth and posts nothing.
    The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!
    Congrats on a Poor entrance to V8Buick.

Four of my V8Buick buds ARE dead. Not something to be joking about, whether it's a supplier or a customer.

Compose yourself.

Devon
    Fuel & Brake Systems Engineer
    "I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong." - Feynman
    "Good data is precious. The problem I have is when some damned fool fails to use it properly." - Slingerland

Quote Originally Posted by DaWildcat View Post
    Congrats on a Poor entrance to V8Buick.

Four of my V8Buick buds ARE dead. Not something to be joking about, whether it's a supplier or a customer.

Compose yourself.

Devon
    My apologies Devon. I'm sure we all have people who were close to us who have passed.
    My comments were not meant to offend anyone. It was purely an off the cuff comment that apparently didn't appeal to your sense of humour or is it lack of sense of humour?

Beagle

My apologies Devon. I'm sure we all have people who were close to us who have passed.
    My comments were not meant to offend anyone. It was purely an off the cuff comment that apparently didn't appeal to your sense of humour or is it lack of sense of humour?

Beagle
    Apology accepted, Beagle. I appreciate your taking the time to reply.

I'm guilty of "off-the-cuff" input all the time, and my sense of humor is well intact, it's just a bit dampened as of late.

I hope we see some positive news from the fellow.

Devon
    "I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong." - Feynman
    "Good data is precious. The problem I have is when some damned fool fails to use it properly." - Slingerland

Apology accepted, Beagle. I appreciate your taking the time to reply.

I'm guilty of "off-the-cuff" input all the time, and my sense of humor is well intact, it's just a bit dampened as of late.

I hope we see some positive news from the fellow.

Devon
    Thanks Devon.

I too hope all is well with Stage2Torque and his engine builder. It just seems odd that we had a by the second play by play and then NOTHING!!!!
    Hers hoping we hear some GREAT news very soon.

Cheers,

Beagle

Thanks Devon.

I too hope all is well with Stage2Torque and his engine builder. It just seems odd that we had a by the second play by play and then NOTHING!!!!
    Hers hoping we hear some GREAT news very soon.

Cheers,

Beagle

" ... TIS' DONE!"
    LMATFOOOO!!!
    1987 Buick Regal-T/1973 10:3.1 Dan-Smith Buick 455/462 V8, race ported/matched Stage-1 Iron Heads to Edelbrock Performer Intake, Schneider Racing Cams "TA290-08H" 509/504-lift, Holley850, Griffin w/ Derale electric fans, MSD6AL-2, '74 H.E.I. re-curved, TA long headers, '70 "built" TH400 3-speed with a Jim Wiese 9.5" 3000-3200 stall converter, B&M Super-Cooler, TCI shifter, Carter Electric-fuel pump, "built" '84 Buick T-type 3:42/10-bolt, & 3-inch-true-duals.

Can you post the build sheet so we can see how the tolerances came out?

Devon

" ... GENTLEMEN;

I have a personal-day off from work on June 30th, 2010 (This Wednesday) to drive to Dan Smith's Shop ... with "Jose'" the tow-truck/pick-up truck dude to GET MY COMPLETED D&S PERFORMANCE BUICK 462-V8 WITH TA290-08H CAM!

The purpose of my delay in actually picking it up weeks ago ... MY PRINCESS' H.S. PROM ($$$), and MY PRINCESS' H.S. GRADUATION (more $$$) Ceremony .

Pics Dan sent me yesterday (per my request ... via his cell-phone-to-mine, with very poor pic quality).

Dan told me last week that he had ported the "exhaust" ports on the heads also (Scotty did not do that for me.)

My girlfriend bought me the Nikon-D3000 as a Father's Day gift ... so I will be taking it to Dan's Wednesday morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1987 Buick Regal-T/1973 10:3.1 Dan-Smith Buick 455/462 V8, race ported/matched Stage-1 Iron Heads to Edelbrock Performer Intake, Schneider Racing Cams "TA290-08H" 509/504-lift, Holley850, Griffin w/ Derale electric fans, MSD6AL-2, '74 H.E.I. re-curved, TA long headers, '70 "built" TH400 3-speed with a Jim Wiese 9.5" 3000-3200 stall converter, B&M Super-Cooler, TCI shifter, Carter Electric-fuel pump, "built" '84 Buick T-type 3:42/10-bolt, & 3-inch-true-duals.

Looks like it's painted Chebby orange
    Mark
    (aka Sparkdog)
    64 Skylark Convertible
    71 Olds Cutlass Supreme SX
    67 Nova SS
    65 Nova
    56 Dodge Regent

"Like all vets, I hated doing this, painless though it was, but to me there has always been a comfort in the knowledge that the last thing these helpless animals knew was the sound of a friendly voice, and the touch of a gentle hand."
    James Herriot

Can you post the build sheet so we can see how the tolerances came out?

Devon
    If I remember to ask for it.
    I never saw a build sheet in my life (lol). Pee-Gee's when in Brooklyn never mentioned/gave me one ... BUT THAT DAMN "455 That-Scotty-Built" for me beat the hell out of musty-stangs, 454Chevys, Corvettes, and a motorcycle (I know nada about them ... have no clue of the model).

I will ask for it in a text in around 20-minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by trisheildfan View Post
    Looks like it's painted Chebby orange
    LOLLLL ... I know. I called him IMMEDIATELY after I got the pics text to me at work.

I already have 3-cans of TA's Buick 455 Red.

Due to my OCD (especially with detail), I repainted Pee-Gee's 455 the next day... and did touch-ups once weekly ... just like I'm gonna' do with this 455.

Are regular rockers recommended with that cam?
    HERB L.
    BOSTON, MA

GNX #016
    GNX #132
    1986 WH1
    1984 Grand National
    1974 Apollo GSX
    1971 Stage 1 Auto
    1970 GSX Stage 1 Auto 10-10
    1969 Skylark Convertible
    1965 Riviera Custom
    1965 Riviera GS
    Finishline Built Stage 2 Iron Head Engine

Quote Originally Posted by bostongsx View Post
    Nope, though someone's probably tried it.

Devon

been in Camden County NJ for 12 years and have never heard of this guy hope everything works out ok.
    Do Right and Fear No Man!

71' Skylark 455 4speed SOLD!
    Auto to 4 Speed conversion and 455 build completed by Nick at Gran Sport Garage
    87' GN with some go fast mods ("man that car is sweet Dad" my 10 year old) SOLD!

BPG #2172
    13' Yukon Denali XL
    14' Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab Hemi 8 Speed!
    06' Pursuit OS 28 (new Money Pit)
    87' GN ("mothballed" for now)
    gone but not forgotten=
    68' Skylark Custom straight six
    68' Impala 327
    70' Monte 402

NO. Tim at TA Performance will explain to you also regarding having a "LOWER SEAT PRESSURE." Additionally, TA stated (I just called them to be SUPER-SURE ... my OCD ... lol) that MANY guys have run the TA290-08H cam with STOCK rockers/hardened rocker shaft ... for years with NO issues.

I just popped that cam in my engine yesterday, and I'm trying it out with the stamped steel rockers (after reading a few posts here). Hoping to fire it up tomorrow. Have to put it in the car after work today =P
    The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 2 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011!), '72 Centurion Conv't - 455w/TH400, '67 T-bird 4Dr (suicide) w/428, MegaSquirt 1 & C6. '69 Firebird replaced, now building a Pontiac Turbo L6!

My Skylark thread
    http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?t=208168
    My Pontiac OHC Six thread.
    http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?t=219250

I'm just a regular guy that fuel injected an old Buick and Thunderbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox's Den View Post
    Well after reading that I wonder why the block was switched. Also if the guy is good why would you have to go back and have some thing corrected that should have been done right in the first place. I did not see a final update on that one either I wonder how the motor turned out.

I do have to question the Chevy orange though, what was that the only color available?
    Honestly (as always on my end), when I was in Puerto Rico last month, Dan called me and told me my motor will be completed the 2nd week in June ... and he mentioned the "red" paint he has been using that all the guys like so much. I told my girlfriend as SOON as I hung up from Dan, that I am ordering from TA the Buick 455 Red paint/painting my motor "THE RIGHT WAY." It cracks-me-up to see so much attention on the "color" ... even though I stated earlier in the posts that I repainted Scotty's 455 the next day also ... with Poston's Buick 455 Red ... which was like BLOOD lol. Color is COSMETICS ... and I hate easily-correctable cosmetic-issues.

I also have to question the situation where if you give someone a motor and you start to complain about it getting done then when you decide to go and get it because it isn't done then out of the clear blue sky it is all finished up and ready to go. I hope you got your original engine back.

LOL ... You have NOOOO CLUE what I put in Dan Smith's EARS & EYES ... LOL. I stopped the laughing with him and got legally-SERIOUS.

What happened to the TA 413 cam that was going to go in.

... that was considered months ago. Dan kept that cam ... and ordered the TA290-08H per MY and TA Performance's request. I actually called TA "after" Dan ordered the cam ... and got proof.

Hey, I totally understand a few things;

1. Dan screwed-up some guy's motor.
    2. Dan pissed me off with the promises of my motor at earlier dates.
    2A. Thank God my motor is ready for pick-up tomorrow morning.
    3. I am NOT here to participate in "The Prosecution of Daniel Smith."
    4. I pray to God my motor is good ... just like I did with Pee-Gee's.
    5. You can TAKE the HORSE to the WATER ... but you CAN'T MAKE HIM DRINK IT.

SO-FAR-SO-GOOD.

Devon

Ya, about half a dozen times..

Shafts can break, do a search on "roller rocker holddown" and you will see how we cured that problem with the more aggressive street cams.

JW
    Owner/operator

Tri-Shield Performance
    Jim Weise
    Founder/Owner
    V-8 Buick.com
    320-629-8999

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    Abraham Lincoln
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    I just popped that cam in my engine yesterday, and I'm trying it out with the stamped steel rockers (after reading a few posts here). Hoping to fire it up tomorrow. Have to put it in the car after work today =P
    THE-MAN!!!
    I honestly pray that everything goes perfectly perfect on "fire-it-up-day."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Weise View Post
    Ya, about half a dozen times..

Shafts can break, do a search on "roller rocker holddown" and you will see how we cured that problem with the more aggressive street cams.

JW
    Mr. Weise, please be brutally honest with me (I heavily RESPECT your expertise); if I have a lower seat pressure (I have NO clue what the heck that is), Stage-1 valve springs, and the TA290-08H cam w/stock rockers but with TA's hardened rocker shafts ... Is my motor safe? Do you recommend my buying the roller-rocker assembly????

Thanks for your time.

If you have hardened shafts you should be fine.
    Owner/operator

Tri-Shield Performance
    Jim Weise
    Founder/Owner
    V-8 Buick.com
    320-629-8999

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    Abraham Lincoln
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Weise View Post
    If you have hardened shafts you should be fine.

"I LOVE YOU, MAN!!!
    I had this huge ball of anxiety about to explode my chest wide-open (the therapy for my "anxiety-issues" apparently were a waste of money and time (lolllll)! NOW I can actually ... sleep.

Mr. Weise ... AGAIN; You-Are-Indeed ... A KING-OF-KINGS!!!

Thank you adamantly.
    Chris Swinson

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

Mr. Jim Weise said with the hardened rocker-shafts ... WE-GOOD!!!

Devon
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about the TA413 when I made that comment.

Devon

Quote Originally Posted by kick71 View Post
    been in Camden County NJ for 12 years and have never heard of this guy hope everything works out ok.
    Thanks MUCHO, my friend.

Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast