Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Another Jeep guy that loves Buick power

I've had a '69 Wagoneer since 1973 and when I went to paint it found it had been rolled and repaired so put on '68 body. Uninsured motorist shortened one side when my wife stopped for a red light and he sped up to follow her through. Now body is mostly 1979. Forgot how many 350cid Buick engines I've put in but it runs like a scalded cat. Have towed travel trailer over 10K miles and only problem was stopping once asbestos brake shoes went away. Finally swapped '78 Cherokee D-44 axles with front disk brakes and it's much better. I have found it to be a very satisfactory vehicle for hauling family, accessing mineral collecting localities, and hauling all kinds of things. Like the Buick engine much better than the AMC 360 in a friends '87 Wagoneer. Hope to be swapping 455 in to provide more towing power on the speed bumps west of Denver where I live. Any suggestions as to problems installing big block. Such as motor mounts, etc. Mr. Ed Thornton Colorado

Default Re: Welcome Jeep guys!

I had a bright yellow/woody 76 Wagoneer with a 401 in it several years ago. Dang gas line from the cap to the tank leaked so bad you couldn't stand to ride in it. It drove well and would climb anything with the differentials locked in. Wife said it was turning into a pile of rust and an eyesore (actually, it was way beyond that), so it had to go.
    Anyway, I am glad to see you jeep guys got your own spot here on V8Buick!
    Randy & Kelley Sprague
    67 Riviera
    98 Riviera SC-SOLD to my daughter
    02 Silverado LS

"Fast is only fun if you can do it more than once without dying in the process"

I agree that the Buick power shouldn't be forgotten. I'm trading an '87 Wagoneer with the AMC 360 for another '68 Wagoneer with Buick power and Super trim options, although this one needs body work I've got another '68 parts car with good running gear to give it's all for the new one. My main ride, as I mentioned before is a '69 with much of a '79 body used to fix damage. I owned and restored a '67 Riv with the 430 and loved the way it ran. Just couldn't get interior back together so traded it back to the guy I bought it from. So I'm wanting the big block Buick power in my driver. Great ideas. Once again if anyone knows of any kinks when swapping 455 into the FSJ frame please let me know. I'm old enough that I don't like learning the hard way any more. Mr. Ed Thornton Colorado

AMC Powered, but I just finished my YJ build, powered by 77 360, with Dana 44's and th400 Auto transmission.

Just finished a fuel injection install, and my 2nd dash rebuilt. I'm rather proud of it

My riv is my new project now.

After throttle body installed,

with New custom lasercut dash work, and new wiring harness Keep in mind, this tub is a YJ, not a CJ ;)

This is great that you folks opened up your doors to us Buick powered Jeep folks. We have a few Jeeps with B-350's with 4V carbs. 1970 J-4000, 1968 Wagoneer B-350 4V, 1970 Wagoneer with B-350 4V and a 1976 Cherokee that's getting the B-350 and Turbo 400 tranny. I can't post any pics as I'm brand new and this is my first post.
    Jim

I, too, would like to say "Thank You" to all that are responsible for this section!
    I've owned a '68 CJ5 w/SBB 350 for 10 years now, and that motor is about the only thing I haven't rebuilt/refabbed on this rig. It was that motor that started my obsession for 350's (now having 4 more in the garage).

My "new" obsession is to swap a BBB 430 into my '73 International Harvester 3/4 ton, 4x4, short box stepside. We'll see what I can find!!!!!!!!
    "Only whisper to a skunk while he's facing you!!!!!!"

Well Brandy's '88 Grang Wagoneer was just delivered. Nice!!!!

Hopefully by the time it's needed, I'll have the knowledge to install the extra 455 I have. I suppose it's a lot of fabrication required?????
    [/SIGPIC]
    Jason -friends call me (J)-POP

B.P.G. #1500
    R.O.A. # 8427

MY (nearly) DAILY DRIVER --'71 Rivvy Black and Gold.

'85 Regal triple gold 40k mi.
    Love your country, fear your government, drink more beer
    I pledge allegiance, not blind obedience!!!!
    You can't trust a man who never curses

My neighbor right across the street has a nice original low mileage 69 (I think it's a 69) Commander with the V6. I've helped him bleed the brakes and get it going, and it's a very cool Jeep.

Frank Brooks, Austin, TX USA
    Many cool Buicks (sold) and another again soon

Can this thread be a sticky? That way this post stays on the top. Thanks.
    Jim

new guy.

'69 Wagoneer. Buick power.

saved from getting parted out. now titled and plated. runs smooth as glass.

Hey Ristow, glad to see ya over here. I'm new over there....
    [/SIGPIC]

B.P.G. #1500
    R.O.A. # 8427

Quote Originally Posted by Ristow View Post
    new guy.

Welcome!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    My book called Small Block Buick Performance covering the V6, 215, 300, 340, and Buick 350 engines will be released soon.

http://www.v8buick.com/forumdisplay....rformance-Book
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    1970 Buick Skylark 350 street/strip with 6 point cage: Custom tube headers feed Twin T3/T4 Turbochargers, Holley 650, sheet metal single plane intake, heavily ported iron heads with oversized valves, mild Poston 114 camshaft (2800-6000 RPM), Diamond forged pistons on Hershe forged rods, balanced, ARP everywhere, dual 3" exhaust, Paddle shifted 4L80E 4 speed overdrive, Moser 12 bolt with 3.42 gear.

yah,you'd think i could at least catch a break in the oil pump department with the different motor but no.....

Hey at least it's still in the front!!!!
    [/SIGPIC]

B.P.G. #1500
    R.O.A. # 8427

Thanks for making room for us over here! Considering putting my spare 350 into my Chevelle wagon. Now THATS Irony. And Ristow, I think aluminum oil pumps are an iffy proposition, no matter who makes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ristow View Post
    new guy.

Yep, and he loves it too. Can't decide if he wants to sell it or not.

Another new guy here. I love the Buick powered Wagoneers. I was even considering putting in a 455. It just doesn't fit my intended use for my Wagoneer. Although I would love to have the torque the 455 provides at such a wonderfully low RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    Another new guy here. I love the Buick powered Wagoneers. I was even considering putting in a 455. It just doesn't fit my intended use for my Wagoneer. Although I would love to have the torque the 455 provides at such a wonderfully low RPM.
    Just leave the Buick 350 in there and add twin turbos! Some T3t4 hybrids so it makes boost off idle!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    My book called Small Block Buick Performance covering the V6, 215, 300, 340, and Buick 350 engines will be released soon.

http://www.v8buick.com/forumdisplay....rformance-Book
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    1970 Buick Skylark 350 street/strip with 6 point cage: Custom tube headers feed Twin T3/T4 Turbochargers, Holley 650, sheet metal single plane intake, heavily ported iron heads with oversized valves, mild Poston 114 camshaft (2800-6000 RPM), Diamond forged pistons on Hershe forged rods, balanced, ARP everywhere, dual 3" exhaust, Paddle shifted 4L80E 4 speed overdrive, Moser 12 bolt with 3.42 gear.

I still would love one of these buick powered jeeps.

such a heavy duty rig once you more so when you update the closed nuckel axles or open nuckle or kingpin axles!
    Mike aka BiZnO
    72 twinturbo Skylark

Buick 350 Inspirational members to me..
    TuBBeD for his 551+ N/A build
    BillMah52 First to take a 350 where no man has gone before
    Justa350 First to hang a pair of turbos and cause Kaos
    GSJohnny First to max out the bore at .090 and his .075 and have engines that actually breath well N/A!
    Bobb Makley First well known to Stroke a 350
    Ken Betts, Hopefully the guy to pull-off 350 AL heads :-D

Welcome to the group,

Old Yellow 1970 Gladiator truck still out there driving once a week, between the 1955 Willys CJ-5 and XJ Cherokee Jeep.

Been working on the M416B1 trailer and new acquisition a 1944 Army Signal Corps PE-197 Generator Set.

Mac
    1970 Kaiser J-3000 "MACS JPR"
    Buick 350v8, T18, D20, D44, D60
    Model J-3600, 3406X19 GLADIATOR
    Robert Maclay "MAC"
    Suisun City, California
    macjeeper@msn.com

Yahoo Moderator: FSJ-List, CA_FSJA.

1955 Willys Jeep CJ-5
    1963 Buick Skylark Convertible (sold 1985)
    1964 Willys Jeep J-300 Gladiator (stored)
    1968 Kaiser Jeep M-715 w/winch (stored)
    1981 AMC J-10 Honcho w/6 Cyl. (sold)

Greetings fellow Jeep lovers. I'm sitting at the computer wondering why I have not added my 2-cents along with a picture of my J-3000 to your collection. It was my father's originally and mine after his passing. It was the love of his life and I helped him with rebuilding the 350 Buick. Its been in the family since around 1970. I remember him coming in it to drag my Chevelle home from Lake Mead after I blew its engine as a teenager. It runs like a top but I need/desire dual exhaust and a rochester 4-barrel, along with some chrome valvecovers. I notice the aftermarket doesn't really address Buick headers, exhaust, intakes, or anything else. Any leads/ideas would be welcomed. I'm retired military currently working as an automotive mechanic, so I might have some help/advise to offer as well. I'm looking forward to checking your club out.

Thanks

TimF
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12