Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Default Classic Plating-Billings,MT

Does anybody have an experience, good or bad, with Classic Plating in Billings,MT? I am considering having them do the chroming for the restoration on my GS, just not quite ready to "turn them loose on everything". Thank you.
    Ryan

'67 GS400 triple aqua, auto, under reconstruction.

'00 Buick Lesabre Ltd- daily driver

Default Re: Classic Plating-Billings,MT

I havn't yet, but make sure you let me know cause I have stuff I'm going to need done in about a year, hopefully. Did they give you price qoutes? like to do a bumper?

Hey Todd, it's nice to know there are more Buick guys in this neck of the woods. I actually had them do some front fender gills for me recently, they don't look the greatest although those gills were never a nice piece of potmetal to begin with. I guess you can't polish a turd. Their prices seem fair to me. I don't believe they do bumpers, there's a place in Brainerd, MN that is supposed to do fabulous work on bumpers. I hear there is a lot full of old GM muscle in Sidney, alot of Buicks. Any truth to this?
    Ryan

Big Todd
    Do I know you??
    Thanks Rick
    Rick Starkey
    1970GS Tube Chassis former Ruffo Car 1.28 60' 1/8 5.98@118mph 1/4 9.52@ 138mph now an alcoholic running a Flying Toilet
    1970 GS350
    BPG #1440
    GSCA #587

No I Don't know you but I know Matt Murphy from Malta, i bought some parts from him, he's good stuff! Do you know him?

So what kind of price is fair? like I wonder what they would charge to do the instrument cluster? They don't do Bumpers? I thought chrome shops filled in pits before the rechromed? Like with lead or something? Oh yea there is a dude here that has a yard full of old stuff, mostly bad bad parts cars, he has a 70 GS that is white with not correct GSX stripes but it could use a lot of work. He's got a way with people where he can get old cars for free or for very little, It sucks, I could ask the same person for the same car and they would want $1000.00 but they would give it to him for free, I'm a family guy so they probably figure I have money, he is single. It should be the other way around, Like some people had my old high school car, 75 olds 442 and I asked if I could buy it, they said no and if they did they would want $4000.00. the thing is all in pieces and I'm like no I'll pass, so the other day he email's me pictures of his latest find, sure enough it's my old car, what did he pay? NOTHING! Closer examination lead me to the fact that I wouldn't want it back anyway but you get my point right, besides my love for Buicks has turned me into a obbsessive freak about all things Buick. I own a 67 Olds Cutlass that is in pretty decent shape, drive it up town with the fam for ice cream and stuff and people are like that pretty sweet and all I can think is well it's cool but it isn't a Buick, I think I need help Anyways I'm in the middle of a frame off on my son's 71 Buick Skylark and he turned me in to a Buickaholic

Yep I know Matt. I knew somebody in Sidney he had some Regals and Oldsmobiles. Had a fenced in yard with a quonset and some cars around it.
    Thanks Rick
    Rick Starkey
    1970GS Tube Chassis former Ruffo Car 1.28 60' 1/8 5.98@118mph 1/4 9.52@ 138mph now an alcoholic running a Flying Toilet
    1970 GS350
    BPG #1440
    GSCA #587

yea Charley Buehner

Bingo
    Rick Starkey
    1970 GS350
    BPG #1440
    GSCA #587

Classic Plating does some good work, some bad. I had them Crome a consolete tach ring and the Consolete itself. Also had them redo a Mini console lid and top. All turned out fine but they seemed to be slightly thicker than original. I had them straighten out some 67 grill stainless gave them 4 sets got one good set back and one decent set. I keep thinking about dropping off some of my 53 ford parts and seeing what they can do with them. Need to get my rear bumper on the Vick straightend out and thought that I'd send them a lob ball before dropping off the front and rear cores for the GS I've been sitting on for the last few years. I guess my awnser would be I seem to get what I've paid for. Classic is not the cheapest but far from the most expensive and the no shipping cost (4 blocks from the shop) option is nice.
    Thank you
    Jake Witham
    67 GS400 4-speed drop-top
    53 Ford Victoria

Is there any chrome shops in North Dakota that anyone knows of?

I don't believe in western ND Todd, I hear there is a new one in Fargo. Maybe Ed or Dave will chime in on that. A friend of mine has been sending stuff to WA for chroming, comes back awesome but it's not cheap. This guy is beyond a perfectionist and he is tickled by their work.
    Ryan

There are no chrome shops in Eastern ND but in Sioux City Iowa and Brainerd MN that does bumpers. I know a guy the does small stuff but he stopped taking new business.
    Ed
    Mocha-Forever in my heart RIP
    1964 Buick Skylark Convertible (TSP 525hp 550TQ Iron head 464)
    1967 GS400 Hardtop Best ET 1.788 60 FT 12.68 @ 104.53
    1967 GS 400 4 spd Convertible (in boxes now)
    1968 Electra 225 Custom with 46k original miles
    1970 GS 350 Aqua Mist

I see the parts place does or sends off for $349.00 a bumper, is that good?