Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Default TV Cable with Quadrajet Carb

Currently I'm running an Edelbrock Performer with a TCI throttle cable/TV cable bracket with a TCI geometry corrector. I'll be switching to a Quadrajet when I drop in the 455 in a few weeks. The bracket is the same so that will carry over but I don't see that anyone offers a geometry corrector for a Q'jet. Will the Edelbrock corrector work on a Q'jet or is a corrector not necessary with a Q'jet?
    64 Skylark Convertible
    462 w/ Stage 2 heads, TA 212 cam, B4B intake
    CK 200-4R w/2400 SS
    3.73 12 Bolt w/ TruTrac and Moser axles

Default Re: TV Cable with Quadrajet Card

Not sure which Q-jet you have but these guys sell a lot of TV cable stuff.

http://www.tvmadeez.com/
    Greg -
    - - -
    1970 GS Stage 1 (owned since 1980) 4 wheel discs, turbo 200-4R, close ratio steering, tubular front
    1971 GS 350 (8/16/14) 4 speed, 91k stock

You can either modify the stock Q jet lonkage by welding on an extension or you can have the Q jet rebuild with a TV cable compatible shaft. There were Q jets that had the TV cable attached so you can look for a mid 80s Chevy minivan with a 4.3 and 7004r.... That is where I got a few of these q jets from.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    My book called Small Block Buick Performance covering the V6, 215, 300, 340, and Buick 350 engines will be released soon.

http://www.v8buick.com/forumdisplay....rformance-Book
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    1970 Buick Skylark 350 street/strip with 6 point cage: Custom tube headers feed Twin T3/T4 Turbochargers, Holley 650, sheet metal single plane intake, heavily ported iron heads with oversized valves, mild Poston 114 camshaft (2800-6000 RPM), Diamond forged pistons on Hershe forged rods, balanced, ARP everywhere, dual 3" exhaust, Paddle shifted 4L80E 4 speed overdrive, Moser 12 bolt with 3.42 gear.

The b-bodies and g-bodies from '83 to '90 with the Olds 307 have a 200-4r with a Q-jet carb. I had one so I can guarantee it's what you're looking for. The only issue may be the throttle linkage since one is an Olds and one is a Buick.
    "To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time."
    --Leonard Bernstein

If it's like my 350, you will need a spacer to run a Q-jet with a TV cable. There are clearance issues with the TV cable linkage added on a Q-Jet with the intake.

Contact Ken (Techg8). He built my Q-Jet and all I said was I need it to hook up a TV cable and I need a throttle cable/ TV cable bracket to match.

I received a PERFECT setup that bolted up and worked PERFECT.
    Cason P.
    71 Skylark 350-4V
    Hooker Headers
    Ken G. 1973 Q-Jet
    D5 GN Converter/200R4
    3.42 Posi Rear
    In Development:
    Either this Car kills me, or I kill the car first!

Quote Originally Posted by 71skylark3504v View Post
    If it's like my 350, you will need a spacer to run a Q-jet with a TV cable. There are clearance issues with the TV cable linkage added on a Q-Jet with the intake.

Contact Ken (Techg8). He built my Q-Jet and all I said was I need it to hook up a TV cable and I need a throttle cable/ TV cable bracket to match.

I received a PERFECT setup that bolted up and worked PERFECT.
    I bought my Q-jet from Ken. Just received it today. I had him set it up based on the engine specs but I can't recall if we discussed the fact that I have a 200R4. I'll call him Monday.
    64 Skylark Convertible
    CK 200-4R w/2400 SS

Spoke with Ken yesterday and I neglected to tell him I'm running a 2004R transmission. I'm shipping the carb back and he's going to replace the throttle shaft with a Chevy throttle shaft with the integrated TV cable arm.
    64 Skylark Convertible
    CK 200-4R w/2400 SS

Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    Spoke with Ken yesterday and I neglected to tell him I'm running a 2004R transmission. I'm shipping the carb back and he's going to replace the throttle shaft with a Chevy throttle shaft with the integrated TV cable arm.
    Well at least you know it will be right now.... Good stuff!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    My book called Small Block Buick Performance covering the V6, 215, 300, 340, and Buick 350 engines will be released soon.

http://www.v8buick.com/forumdisplay....rformance-Book
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    1970 Buick Skylark 350 street/strip with 6 point cage: Custom tube headers feed Twin T3/T4 Turbochargers, Holley 650, sheet metal single plane intake, heavily ported iron heads with oversized valves, mild Poston 114 camshaft (2800-6000 RPM), Diamond forged pistons on Hershe forged rods, balanced, ARP everywhere, dual 3" exhaust, Paddle shifted 4L80E 4 speed overdrive, Moser 12 bolt with 3.42 gear.

Glad I went to Everyday Performance! Got the whole Tv arm setup. Slightly off topic but how will a spacer interfere with the throttle cable? I am still running a 2bbl cable and I know 4bbl cables are hard to come by

Quote Originally Posted by Tricolor72 View Post
    Glad I went to Everyday Performance! Got the whole Tv arm setup. Slightly off topic but how will a spacer interfere with the throttle cable? I am still running a 2bbl cable and I know 4bbl cables are hard to come by
    The problem is the TV cable bracket will hit the intake and needs the spacer to get the cable to clear the back runners. Here's a picture of mine on a B4B where you can see the probable interference issue. The angle makes it look worse than it is. I think I could get by with a 1/2" spacer though I'm currently using a 1" spacer.

On my carb, we swapped for an already modified primary throttle shaft. That's all you really have to change in most cases if you like your existing carb.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg -
    - - -
    1970 GS Stage 1 (owned since 1980) 4 wheel discs, turbo 200-4R, close ratio steering, tubular front
    1971 GS 350 (8/16/14) 4 speed, 91k stock

Quote Originally Posted by knucklebusted View Post
    The problem is the TV cable bracket will hit the intake and needs the spacer to get the cable to clear the back runners. Here's a picture of mine on a B4B where you can see the probable interference issue. The angle makes it look worse than it is. I think I could get by with a 1/2" spacer though I'm currently using a 1" spacer.

On my carb, we swapped for an already modified primary throttle shaft. That's all you really have to change in most cases if you like your existing carb.
    Ken informed me of this when I told him I would like the carb setup for a 2004r, I was told that with a .5"spacer and two 1/8" gaskets it cleared but just barely so I think I'll go with the 1 inch just to be safe. Glad I mentioned it or I'd be removing a freshly built carb just a few months after installing it

check out the gold bracket on Greg's carb towards the back. That, IMO is the best setup for the throttle and throttle valve cables to mount on - and its a perfect match for the modded throttle arm on the carb.

Its the bracket style that mounts to the carb baseplate via the rear carb mounting bolts.

TCI
    http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ct_Code=376700

Looks just like the old stock brackets from an Olds 307 etc.
    Ken G
    www.everyday-performance.com
    on Facebook

NE GS/GN
    83 Olds Cutlass (w/78 Buick 231 TURBO)
    72 Skylark 350 w/ Nitrous (12.87 @ 104.79 on 100 shot) SOLD
    "My mule dont like people laughin'..."

Then that is what I will go with! It will be so nice when I go to swap in the 2004r and half the modifications are already taken care of!

Will Everyday Performance sell their 200-4r throttle arm alone, Ken, will you? I already have a good QJet carb.
    Thanks.

I just got the throttle shaft out of the junkyard, ground off the cam, flipped the ball stud for the throttle linkage, and welded the new cam to the throttle shaft on my carb where the old one was. I used the tci bracket and it fits like a glove, after the 1 inch spacer was installed
    THE GREATEST TRICK THE DEVIL EVER PULLED WAS CONVINCING THE WORLD HE DIDN'T EXIST.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon

1972 skylark, 14,000 miles, sbb 355, TA intake, comp 268h cam, full msd ignition, 200-r4 conversion. next project: fuel injection!! It still has the original "old guy" smell and nos spare tire air(not that ropop stuff)

Thanks for the prompt reply Chris. Trouble is most of the yards around me are all late model stuff, I'll start looking around for an older yard.

I will try to get a picture tonight to post here. Check with George N. he is always going past the yards, might be able to getcha what you need. It was slim pickings here, I was lucky to find it.
    THE GREATEST TRICK THE DEVIL EVER PULLED WAS CONVINCING THE WORLD HE DIDN'T EXIST.

1972 skylark, 14,000 miles, sbb 355, TA intake, comp 268h cam, full msd ignition, 200-r4 conversion. next project: fuel injection!! It still has the original "old guy" smell and nos spare tire air(not that ropop stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by acr View Post
    Will Everyday Performance sell their 200-4r throttle arm alone, Ken, will you? I already have a good QJet carb.
    Thanks.
    sorry no i dont sell just the throttle shafts.

check on ebay for some cheap Qjet cores with the shaft you need.
    Ken G
    www.everyday-performance.com
    on Facebook

NE GS/GN
    83 Olds Cutlass (w/78 Buick 231 TURBO)
    72 Skylark 350 w/ Nitrous (12.87 @ 104.79 on 100 shot) SOLD
    "My mule dont like people laughin'..."

Default Re: TV Cable with Quadrajet Carb

Thanks for the replys Chris & Ken, I'll keep looking, Chris picture would be nice.
    Fred

here is what I did, it makes it look a little better than having pieces scabbed onto your stock throttle arm. you can see the small weld holding the new arm to the shaft. the last pic is shows the old throttle arm with the little bit of grinding I had to do to take it off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bill A, I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Did you get the Qjet on your car, if so any problems getting it to work right with the 200-4r? Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks, Fred (acr)

Quote Originally Posted by chris roesch View Post
    here is what I did, it makes it look a little better than having pieces scabbed onto your stock throttle arm. you can see the small weld holding the new arm to the shaft. the last pic is shows the old throttle arm with the little bit of grinding I had to do to take it off.
    I just did this mod, and it works great, but what did you do with the coil choke linkage? Completely bend it out? I decided to convert mine to a manual choke, and it's very tricky to manage..thinking about adding electric or bending out the rod for the coil choke to work right.
    1970 Buick Skylark 455/200-4R

Darryl D.
    KC-135 Crew Chief, USAF
    Facebook

I have no linkage on a ta intake, I will be using electric