Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I'd be interested in both. I don't see the point in having one but not the other, since neither of the current offerings are up to the task of even seriously ported iron heads.

I would definitely like to see the option to use small block chevy style rockers. I don't care what they look like under the valve covers, I would only have them off for adjustments, not when showing the car off!

As far as who the heads are targeted to, I would try to split the the difference between street and track as best as possible. Have something that performs well out of the box. but can be greatly improved upon with more port/cleanup work. I would think flow numbers like those in the ongoing 350 buildup at PAE right now (270 int, 185 exh) would make a great baseline to work from.
    Scott
    BPG #1433
    GSCA #1894

'71 Buick Skylark
    - Stock 1970 Code SF 455
    - TH350
    - 8.5" 10 bolt, 2.56 open
    - M/T Repro Headers
    - GSCA/Hedman X-Pipe exhaust
    - Global West Front Suspension, 12" Discs

OK, count me in for at least one set of heads. More, if I can make them work successfully on stroked rover blocks. I'll have to come up with a custom manifold, and have a cam cut, of course.
    As for my 2 cents on design issues, a modern, heart shaped, quench type, combustion chamber would be very nice, as would valves lined up more on the center of the bore. Should probably flow, out of the box, as well as well ported iron heads, with plenty of material left to hog.
    A taller valve cover flange/mount/skirt, so stock covers can be used with most rockers. And, extra cast in bosses that can be drilled so I can use my beautiful Offy 215 valve covers (if not, there is always the tig).
    I don't care whether the valve train is buick or chevy or whatever, as long it is fairly common, light, and can handle high lift and high rpm.
    Rick(wrench)

rickwrench said:OK, count me in for at least one set of heads. More, if I can make them work successfully on stroked rover blocks. I'll have to come up with a custom manifold, and have a cam cut, of course.
    As for my 2 cents on design issues, a modern, heart shaped, quench type, combustion chamber would be very nice, as would valves lined up more on the center of the bore. Should probably flow, out of the box, as well as well ported iron heads, with plenty of material left to hog.
    A taller valve cover flange/mount/skirt, so stock covers can be used with most rockers. And, extra cast in bosses that can be drilled so I can use my beautiful Offy 215 valve covers (if not, there is always the tig).
    I don't care whether the valve train is buick or chevy or whatever, as long it is fairly common, light, and can handle high lift and high rpm.
    Rick(wrench)
    Great ideas, Rick!
    I hope that these things do become a reality someday!
    Andrew

Fighting to be a Cancer SURVIVOR!

1972 Skylark Custom
    350-4 Doug Nash 5 Speed
    285/40/ZR17 Tires Centerline Wheels, it Handles!
    Too Many Mods to list.

Default Me Three

Put me down for Aluminum Heads!!!
    Byron Badeaux

'69 Galaxie Ragtop
    '95 Lincoln Mark VIII
    '03 Nissan Murano AWD

Default Nedd headers

Need Headers

I have a 84 buick T-type with a 1972 big block 455.
    I have been looking for a while. Also looking for a late 70s 455 block or a stage 1.

Thanks

Let me know anything.

Default ????

dazed? must be
    this post is for aluminum heads and intakes that could be produced for the buick 350. you want the parts wanted area.

andy
    Andy bridgeview,il
    65 special v6 daily driver-this needs to go faster possibly a 380 stroker.
    82 gn clone 455 12.50's on pump, soon trishield 464
    84 gn
    72 skylark convert#2 ,N-25

Default Need aluminum intake and heads for '65 300

How about creating intakes and better flowing heads for '65 300. I would buy them immediately.

Default Re: Need aluminum intake and heads for '65 300

unclejim said:How about creating intakes and better flowing heads for '65 300. I would buy them immediately.

I doubt there would ever be any where enough volume to do something like that for the 300 engine. SO unless someone is will ing to spend about $20,000 for heads, I would not hold my breath. Jim Burek

put me down for heads and manifold.

gotta love those 350 numbers by jim

john

Well, when does it look like I might get a shot at buying these parts? Will I be getting an email soon letting me know if its a go or not?
    1971 GS455
    1971 Riviera GS
    John Ayers

I'd be willing to lay down a deposit on a good set of aluminum heads. Don't know if it would help you much though.
    Christine Bautista

70 350 Skylark (a work in progress)

I'd like a set of the heads. Any updates on whats going on with them.

The intake will be the first order of business and the aluminum heads will follow. If there is enough interest shown, there's a possiblility Bulldog or another company might produce a set for the 350. The intake is pretty close to becoming a reality and we need as equal of support for these as the heads. Both the TA and Poston's intakes are older technology where they aren't that more advanced from the cast iron factory units, except for the material. With the dyno Jim Burek did on my engine, a single plane kit intake made 20 more horsepower than the TA with a 2" spacer and the runners were still on the small side. With the new intake it wouldn't be surprising to see a 50 hp increase over the stock/TA piece. You can contact Jim Burek through www.paeenterprises.com for more information.
    Rob Margel

if the intake would be a better alternative to the TA intake i'll buy in. Better flow #s sound good to me.
    Christine Bautista

70 350 Skylark (a work in progress)

I would buy an intake, put me down!

Thanks
    Tim
    Tim
    72 GS455 4 speed 1 of 84
    TSP built 455. .030 over forged pistons, 9.3-1 cr, TA113 cam, ported 430 heads, TA headers, Performer intake, MSD digital 6 ign. 3.42 gears
    Dyno'd at 455hp, 518lbs torque
    13.01 at 108mph with a 2.28 60'

Former cars:
    65 Lark with 430-4, TH400 13.85/101mph
    70 GS455 12.50/113.50mph
    68 Riviera
    72 Stage 1-4 speed Sloan Documented

correct rob : if bulldog ( or whomever ) see's some serious interest in a higher rpm ( than stock/ta/poston ) intake at a fair price AND SALES of those intakes when available , then the alum head situation will look much more feasable to them . they ain't doing it for nothing . del
    DEL EMERSON 1965 SPECIAL/350/MUNCIE M-21/9"
    "YA' CAN'T ALWAYS PUT OFF THINGS YA' WANNA' DO FOR THINGS YA' HAVE TA' DO!!
    GSCA#4436 BPG#1579

Will the intake be cast for a square flange holley or a spread bore.
    Walt judy neenah wi. 87 turbo t 76 skyhawk

you guys will have to take me off the list.#15 on the list.
    i have gone with a 455 in my car.

daniel
    84 stage 2 t-type
    02 duramax
    02 650p
    daniel.
    71 gs conv.
    84 t-type.

dan's been brainwashed by the bigblockbuick guys.

jim, quick, give him the 350 antidote!!!!!

john

too late johnny, jim has helped me with this one, already.
    all done, 600 horse stage2 464. this thing is just awsome
    and fun to drive. i guess i done been converted.

daniel
    84 stage 2 t-type
    02 duramax
    02 650p
    daniel.
    71 gs conv.
    84 t-type.

An intake would help me the most right now and heads later if the standard rockers and pushrod setup would just come off my old heads and go right on the aluninus heads. Use the same port confuration as the 546 hp motor you just finished.
    Dan

TuBBeD said:The intake will be the first order of business and the aluminum heads will follow. If there is enough interest shown, there's a possiblility Bulldog or another company might produce a set for the 350. The intake is pretty close to becoming a reality and we need as equal of support for these as the heads. Both the TA and Poston's intakes are older technology where they aren't that more advanced from the cast iron factory units, except for the material. With the dyno Jim Burek did on my engine, a single plane kit intake made 20 more horsepower than the TA with a 2" spacer and the runners were still on the small side. With the new intake it wouldn't be surprising to see a 50 hp increase over the stock/TA piece. You can contact Jim Burek through www.paeenterprises.com for more information.
    I saw a significant HP and TQ increase going from a stock 4bbl to TA. Everything else in the car was already done, from can, to headers, etc. so the difference was really noticable!

One thing I DO want to add, however, is that the TA intake has a real problem with Rich / Lean cylinders!! I tried stagger jetting, but it didn't help. I then sent TA an E Mail and got no reply.

I'd imagine that a single plane would not be nearly as prone to having this problem.
    Last edited by sbbuick; 06-13-2004 at 12:55 PM.
    Andrew

Fighting to be a Cancer SURVIVOR!

1972 Skylark Custom
    350-4 Doug Nash 5 Speed
    285/40/ZR17 Tires Centerline Wheels, it Handles!
    Too Many Mods to list.

count me in for being interested in the intake as well!
    Darrin Gunn
    72 350 Skylark - 12.96@102.753
    NO LAUGHING GAS OR HAIRDRYER!!!
    I SELL NEW AND USED MOTORCYCLES AND ATV/UTV'S! CHECK WITH ME BEFORE YOU BUY!

I'd be interested in both as well. Just not at this time. I have my 464 to finish and droped into the Century. When thats done I'll be looking for a small project car to drop the 350from the Century into.
    BPG # 1190
    1973 Buick Century 16.14 @ 84.49 w/ stock 350
    Now has a 464. 13:1 comp, eagle rods, TA 608 cam (.595 intake .601 exhaust w/ 1.60 TA roller rockers) Alum Stage 1 heads, SP1, Holly HP1000, MSD/Mallory ign,

Be who you are and say what you feel. The people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter.--Dr. Seuss

Put me on the list for both.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast