Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

So is there any word on these parts yet???

Has anyone started on the mold or any part of the project???

I am just looking for a glimer of hope.

id gladly buy an intake, possibly heads when the time comes
    -Paul

Default Count me IN

I'd buy this stuff in a heart beat. I can never have enough power and besides I'd love the weight savings too! Less nose weight = better handling and faster car.

I vote for buick shaft rockers. If you go with the Chevy pedestal rockers you'll also need stud girdles for high lift cams so how much are you really saving? If you don't want to spend the cash on buick rollers and you need adjustment you can go with adj pushrods. I already have roller rockers so maybe I'm biased. Heck if you're worried about cheap parts you may as well face the facts and build a chevy!

It would be very cool if we could have Fuel Injector bosses cast in as well. I am getting tired of carb BS.
    Andrew

Fighting to be a Cancer SURVIVOR!

1972 Skylark Custom
    350-4 Doug Nash 5 Speed
    285/40/ZR17 Tires Centerline Wheels, it Handles!
    Too Many Mods to list.

Andrew,

I'll have to get ahold of Jim B. and see where this project is going. It's been too quiet lately and I don't want this to die. In order for me to get the 600 hp I'll need a hogan intake, or I'll need to get adapter plates made until a single plane is made for our 350's. The heads seem to be dead in the water, because once they're making 1500+ hp with a 455 people won't want to mess with the 350. The only way people are going to take a second look is if someone puts up the $$$ towards the 350 to make something happen.

One way to make something happen is to have a donation fund like they're doing for the resto 455 project Jim W. is doing. If we can get people to pledge some money where we can build an all out 350, I can see that engine making 800+ horsepower where it'll capture more of the racing crowd. I look at it this way, we need to put an effort to make this happen as it's never going to be given to us. If anyone is interested in doing something like this let me know and I can talk to Jim Burek. Being that an engine hasn't been done like this (if it does happen), I'm sure it will gain national attention other than the Buick world's. Let me know what you guys think and we can go from there.
    Rob Margel

I dont even have a 350 but I'd chip in... I love seeing these types of build ups and what possibilities pop up...

Michael
    1969 Buick GS Stage 1, 72 455. B&B, P&P heads, KB Headers, Mk118 cam, Edelbrock b4b w/ Q-jet.
    Originally a 4-speed car, has th-400 now, but not for long.

DONT WORRY, LUNACY RUNS IN THE FAMILY.
    Michael B.

Default 350 project

i would like to see a 350 project run 10s or so would be cool
    i have a junk 84 regal ttype i was going to put back together for my daughter but i could also see a 350 project out of it.also has a 12bolt with 4.10s and southside bars and fiberglass 4 in cowl hood.
    i think if more people seen a regal 350 project and knew that it would bolt in to most 3.8v6 g body cars almost directly it could create more interst in the 350s since they are the lightest small block gm made then add alum heads it would cut the weight even more.
    could be interesting if it could be streetable.
    someone want to set up a project?
    thanks andy
    Andy bridgeview,il
    65 special v6 daily driver-this needs to go faster possibly a 380 stroker.
    82 gn clone 455 12.50's on pump, soon trishield 464
    84 gn
    72 skylark convert#2 ,N-25

Quote Originally Posted by TuBBeD
    Andrew,

I'll have to get ahold of Jim B. and see where this project is going. It's been too quiet lately and I don't want this to die. In order for me to get the 600 hp I'll need a hogan intake, or I'll need to get adapter plates made until a single plane is made for our 350's. The heads seem to be dead in the water, because once they're making 1500+ hp with a 455 people won't want to mess with the 350. The only way people are going to take a second look is if someone puts up the $$$ towards the 350 to make something happen.

One way to make something happen is to have a donation fund like they're doing for the resto 455 project Jim W. is doing. If we can get people to pledge some money where we can build an all out 350, I can see that engine making 800+ horsepower where it'll capture more of the racing crowd. I look at it this way, we need to put an effort to make this happen as it's never going to be given to us. If anyone is interested in doing something like this let me know and I can talk to Jim Burek. Being that an engine hasn't been done like this (if it does happen), I'm sure it will gain national attention other than the Buick world's. Let me know what you guys think and we can go from there.

I'm game. Jim Burek

Did we lose some posts here? It appears that a few are gone
    Andrew

1972 Skylark Custom
    350-4 Doug Nash 5 Speed
    Too Many Mods to list.

i barely got out of high school so before i didnt have money to buy much but now i got a job and ill buy the single plane intake right away when it comes out !!!!! the heads depends on the price and also when they come out.if i spend money on my heads then i wont but if they announce em before i spend im willing to spend 1500 to 2000.im with sbbuick the intake should have injector/nitrous bosses.c'mon someone bring out the intake!!that should give an idea if its worth making the heads.one thing i wonder when ta and poston made their intakes wouldnt it had been easier to make a sp from the beginning??

Exclamation

We lost a few critical posts on this thread recently. One where we had a estimate as to the cost to cast the intake. The cost was ~ $10,000

If we could get ~ 40 people to pitch in (not unreasonable) then we have $250.00 each. We could give the contributors a say in how the intake is designed, and of course, they would have a right to a discount on the finished product.

Of course, with a good single plane intake, Aluminum Heads become much more of a possibility!

This is an achievable goal, folks. Are we going to do it????????

Yes, I am willing to pony up the $$
    Andrew

1972 Skylark Custom
    350-4 Doug Nash 5 Speed
    Too Many Mods to list.

Quote Originally Posted by buick350
    i barely got out of high school so before i didnt have money to buy much but now i got a job and ill buy the single plane intake right away when it comes out !!!!! the heads depends on the price and also when they come out.if i spend money on my heads then i wont but if they announce em before i spend im willing to spend 1500 to 2000.im with sbbuick the intake should have injector/nitrous bosses.c'mon someone bring out the intake!!that should give an idea if its worth making the heads.one thing i wonder when ta and poston made their intakes wouldnt it had been easier to make a sp from the beginning??

Technically, the Poston intake is a single plane design, it is divided, but everything is on the same plane. Jim Burek

Question

Is it possible to work off a 350 chevy casting for a mold?? Or is it just easier/cheaper just to start from sratch? I would chip in to help get one done. I think it would be best to do it like the 455 block and get enough people to put down a deposit to show interest with money to back it up. It still takes more than money to get one done.

So, how much would people be willing to spend on a Buick single plane intake? $390????Or maybe even $450??? How bad do you want a single plane intake??
    Nitrous is just a "poor-man's blower" on a payment plan.
    Rick Crawford
    72 GS w/Nitrous'd 466
    8.96 @133
    5.50 @129.5 1/8mi, 1.36 60ft
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT 10.87 @127 full street trim, 285/40-18 drag radials

I don't believe that it would have to be in the $400.00 range. As far as input - with 40 plus people on the paid "Board of Directors" - we'd surely have more than enough opinions to go around.

I do, however agree with you that the Ede. Victor Jr. type design is a great one for SBC. If I could buy one for my Lark I'd do it right now!
    Andrew

1972 Skylark Custom
    350-4 Doug Nash 5 Speed
    Too Many Mods to list.

As previously stated I'm in...

Now I just need to find an cheap, ugly A$$ Apollo...
    1969 Buick GS Stage 1, 72 455. B&B, P&P heads, KB Headers, Mk118 cam, Edelbrock b4b w/ Q-jet.
    Originally a 4-speed car, has th-400 now, but not for long.

DONT WORRY, LUNACY RUNS IN THE FAMILY.
    Michael B.

Quote Originally Posted by buick535
    Technically, the Poston intake is a single plane design, it is divided, but everything is on the same plane. Jim Burek

I don't want to sound dumb, but I have never seen a Poston Intake in person. Would it be possible (or wise) to mill out the center divider of a Poston intake to get a single plane intake? Or would it just turn the intake into a unuseable hunk of cast aluminum??
    Andrew

1972 Skylark Custom
    350-4 Doug Nash 5 Speed
    Too Many Mods to list.

Quote Originally Posted by sbbuick
    I don't want to sound dumb, but I have never seen a Poston Intake in person. Would it be possible (or wise) to mill out the center divider of a Poston intake to get a single plane intake? Or would it just turn the intake into a unuseable hunk of cast aluminum??

what about milling the center divider out of the postons intake???

sounds like a good idea, can it be done? And will it be a great improvement?
    1969 Chevelle 357ci, 200-4r
    1969 El Camino
    1968 Chevelle 4-door

Gone:
    2001 Honda Civic DX traded it for the 68 chevelle, 2015
    1994 Honda Civic EX sold it 2012
    1995 GMC Sonoma (guy hit me at 45mph me stopped at a red light)2014
    1987 Chevy 4x4(170,000+miles)sold it..2006
    1979 Malibu 4dr(junked it)..2001
    1970 Buick Skylark 4dr (three on the tree)took parts then junked it..2000
    1972 Buick skylark

Josh

Woodie

""""Now I just need to find an cheap, ugly A$$ Apollo... """"

I don't know why in the world any one would want a Apollo.
    Dan

Default any news on new intake and heads?

is this a dead thread?
    gs nats are over maybe somone will have some new plans or ideas to work with?
    i was think the same on the s divider to machine open plenum .
    or altering casting to produce an open plenum single plane?
    just ideas. i would like to see a manifold that could produce great power
    and then work on producing fuel injection to fit it.
    thanks andy
    Andy bridgeview,il
    84 gn

Andy,
    No, this is not a dead item.
    There are a few things in the works that may be released in the near future.
    There are some vendors that have recently expressed interest in our little buick engines.
    Good things are coming!
    Bill

Default 350

thats good news bill. i dont understand why ta wasnt intersted in heads or better intake since the produce an intake already and the experiance with the 455 stage heads..
    i hope to hear more soon
    thanks andy
    Andy bridgeview,il
    84 gn

Well, I just dropped off two more sets of 41 year old buick 300 aluminum heads at the machine shop. If karma holds true, I will be signing the reciept just as the announcement that performace aluminum 350 heads are going to be produced is made public.
    With oil through lifters-pushrods, a 350 cam journal trim, and fabricated intake (band saw + tig welder = intake), many of us 94mm block rover stroker guys will be buying aluminum 350 heads as well as the 350 guys. Our only "performance" option is worked over '64 buick 300 heads. Don't bother mentioning "Wildcat" rover heads, by the time you buy them and have them ready to install, you could have purchased a complete LS2 crate engine from GM. The old '64 Buick heads are, surprise, very old, don't flow particularly well even after a lot of work, and fair/good rebuildable cores are becoming rare.
    So what aftermarket entity has expressed interest in new Buick 350 heads? Could reasonably priced, new aluminum heads actually be produced, or is it more vaporware? Modifying 350 cams and fabricating intakes would be so much cheaper than a complete rebuild and port work on a pair of ancient lo-po heads.

Rick -still stuck using '64 300 heads- (wrench)

any updates on this?

Not a dead issue. These things take time.
    Both items are in the R&D stages right now. Hopefully we will see some results in the near future.
    Bill

TXGS is offline The United State of Texas

Good to hear Bill.
    Phil Green
    72 GS350 449hp 447tq , 390 gears, and 200 4r
    1981 RX7 with 5.3L LS (Project)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast