Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Thread: Rack and Pinion

Default Rack and Pinion

Has anyone put one on their A body? Did you buy a kit? If not what did you use? How hard was it, and was it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Gary
    69 Skylark: SBB-12.92@101. So Stock It's Scary-New motor coming!

Default Re: Rack and Pinion

theyre not worth the price to save the very little weight with no bumpsteer corrections

only rack and pinion kit that i know of that has the correct geometry/bump steer provisions is UniSteer, but if you buy aftermarket control arms those also has the provisions you end up with too much of a good thing which results in a non favorable result!

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

theyre not worth the price to save the very little price with no bumpsteer corrections

only rack and pinion kit that i know of that has the correct geaometry/bump steer provisions is uni-rack, but if you buy aftermarket control arms those also has the provisions you end up with too much of a good thing which results in a non favorable result!

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-11-2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

so heres the deal, if you wangt to save a few pounds and have the correct geometry but dont plan to go tubular front control arms..sticking with stock uppers lower then i guess that can justify the price of the uni-steer r&p

if your after performance still cant beat a good lee box or DSE box with tubular upper/lowers with tall ball joints

if you simply have alot of cash then buy whatever lopl

I rocommend you call up Mark from SC&C http://scandc.com

he'll steer you in the right direction on what you need. weather its one of the products he offers or something he doesnt

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

so heres the deal, if you wangt to save a few pounds and have the correct geometry but dont plan to go tubular front control arms..sticking with stock uppers lower then i guess that can justify the price of the uni-steer r&p

if your after performance still cant beat a good lee box or DSE box with tubular upper/lowers with tall ball joints

if you simply have alot of cash then buy whatever lopl

I rocommend you call up Mark from SC&C http://scandc.com

he'll steer you in the right direction on what you need. weather its one of the products he offers or something he doesnt

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

ps..not liking how the forum does the edited posts now, makes things cluttered and confusing!

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

ps..not liking how the forum does the edited posts now, makes things cluttered and confusing!
    Mike aka BiZnO
    72 twinturbo Skylark

Buick 350 Inspirational members to me..
    TuBBeD for his 551+ N/A build
    BillMah52 First to take a 350 where no man has gone before
    Justa350 First to hang a pair of turbos and cause Kaos
    GSJohnny First to max out the bore at .090 and his .075 and have engines that actually breath well N/A!
    Bobb Makley First well known to Stroke a 350
    Ken Betts, Hopefully the guy to pull-off 350 AL heads :-D

Default Re: Rack and Pinion

Thanks for the advice. I will look into it.
    69 Skylark: SBB-12.92@101. So Stock It's Scary-New motor coming!