Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Default (4) 14 x 6 JJ kelsey hayes steelies with trim rings and center caps...

Selling for a friend...I need to know what these are worth? (4) 14 x 6 code JJ Kelsey Hayes Steelies with 4 stepped trim rings and center caps. Wheels have following markings...GM K1 9 29 XB
    7 14 x 6 JJ
    67 8(or B) Kelsey Hayes

How do I post pictures? What are these worth?
    Last edited by oldskoolshop; 05-06-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: add info

NW Florida, originally from Southern Wisconsin

Default Re: (4) 14 x 6 JJ kelsey hayes steelies with trim rings and center caps...

XB code is a 14x6 `68-`69 Chevelle rally wheel with disc brakes. What center caps are on it?
    Bill

Default Re: (4) 14 x 6 JJ kelsey hayes steelies with trim rings and center caps...

Buick Centers (similar to chevy flat style disc brake caps)with Buick Stepped trim rings.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Did Buick ever make a steel wheel like the steel Chevy rally wheel with the 5 elongated slots?

4. Default Re: (4) 14 x 6 JJ kelsey hayes steelies with trim rings and center caps...

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolshop View Post
    Buick Centers (similar to chevy flat style disc brake caps)with Buick Stepped trim rings.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Did Buick ever make a steel wheel like the steel Chevy rally wheel with the 5 elongated slots?
    Yes Buick used a similar wheel in '67 and '68 for Disc Brake cars only. It was the only wheel that Buick had available those 2 years that provided enough clearance for the 4-piston calipers. The center cap is like a Chevy but had a brushed finish on most of it, and only the edge is polished, instead of all polished like a Chevy. The Buick center cap also had 8 holes on the backside, but only 4 were used to hole the ornament cap to the center disc. The Buick trim ring was also a brushed finish, whereas Chevy was all polished.

For '67 the code beside the valve stem is "DG" and there are no other codes or dates beside the valve stem. The DG wheel was the exact same wheel used on Novas, Camaros, and Chevelles with disc brakes in 1967. For '68 the same wheel was used but I believe the code was changed to XE, but I'm not sure about the '68s.

The XB wheels you have are most likely either a '68 or '69 Chevy wheels. Here is a chart. http://chevellestuff.net/qd/chevy_wheels.htm
    To the right Chevy guy that is looking for this exact code or date, they are desirable. Bare wheels that are not too rusty, are not bent, and have good lug holes, seem to bring $80-$100 each. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.

Here is another site that tells how to read the date code: http://www.camaros.org/suspen.shtml#Wheels

I hope this helps.
    Gary Steele
    Owner of a bunch of junk.

www.gsrestorations.com <--- Disclaimer: This is neither an advertisement for my dad's place nor a solicitation for customers. Only visit this site if you want to see an outdated site that shows some of the muscle cars my dad has restored in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolshop View Post
    Selling for a friend...I need to know what these are worth? (4) 14 x 6 code JJ Kelsey Hayes Steelies with 4 stepped trim rings and center caps. Wheels have following markings...GM K1 9 29 XB
    7 14 x 6 JJ
    67 8(or B) Kelsey Hayes

How do I post pictures? What are these worth?
    K1, there should also be a little number below the K1, that would identify the year of manufacture. The 9 29 is September 29th and XB is the code. XB is a Ralley wheel that first started showing up in the 68 model year. The XE code referred to in the prior post is a standard steel rim for disc brakes and not a rally rim.

I think $50-$75 for good rims. Not sure about the center caps and rings, depends upon condition and if for a chevy, olds, buick, or pontiac.

6. Default Re: (4) 14 x 6 JJ kelsey hayes steelies with trim rings and center caps...

Got a set of origanal painted 1970 14 inch buick rallys with trim rings. 3 nice, 1 needs repair or may be junk- - $75 takes all 4. pick up only