Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Default 1959 Chevy Apache Big Window Pickup.

1959 Apache 1/2 ton stepside big window pickup. Frame off restoration with Camaro subframe, front disc brakes and suspension. Also powersteering.Late model Chevy 350 with mild cam with new Edelbrock 4 brl. carb. Headers with side dump dual exhaust. Tilt column with cruise, column just rebuilt but the cruise is not functional. B&M TH 350 tranny with Lokar shifter on the floor with mild shiftkit. 323 open rearend, non-positraction. Autometer gauges and I still have the original "seashell"style speedometer and AM radio.Painless wiring harness. New, less than 1 year old carpet , weatherstripping all the way around and chrome trim. Two tone paint, Royal Blue with Silver around the door windows and the cab interior is painted to match. It resembles almost a Purple in the sunlight from certain angles. Fiberglass bed cover with rear roll pan and LED tail lights. Battery and fuel cell in the bed which is Diamond plated. The previous owner was 6' 7" tall. Bench seat with plenty of legroom and seat belts too. 16 inch Camaro rims with radials. Runs, stops and steers just fine. Both doors and hood lineup just fine and close as they should. No sags or mis-alignment anywhere. All of the parts were either from Summit Racing or Lane Automotive (locally). No Autozone or cheap aftermarket "junk" used anywhere on this Apache. Clear title in my name and driven regularly in nice weather. Selling this to complete my other 1972 GS 4 speed convertible. Not my Stage 1 convertible but another GS 350 with 4-speed. Over 40 K invested in this Apache, quality craftsmanship does not come cheap, especially on a 54 year old vehicle. $21,500.00 Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan. I will post more pictures later this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: 1959 Chevy Apache Big Window Pickup.

More pictures as requested. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan.

Just read the article on Pickups from Hagerty and their origin / pedigrees. Here are some other shots of my Apache. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan.

That is one very cool truck
    Mark
    marklob@gmail.com
    BCA # 26601

1970 GS 455 4 speed Convertible
    1986 T Type with factory leather interior
    1972 Skylark Coupe
    1962 Invicta Convertible

Turbo V6, Thanks for the compliments on the Apache!! After looking at the article in the latest Haggerty's, Their 1959 Napco 4 wheel drive shows single headlights, (???) not the quads on 58 & 59's. I verified this by looking at my 1957 3/4 ton , original paint no less Chevy pickup. I might take the Apache to Auburn later this week or just keep it and enjoy the "BIG" window style. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan.

Went to a show / cruise last night and got alot of lookers. Traffic is horrible on I-94 so I will stay on the "main" roads, not the interstate. Happy Labor Day to all here! Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan.

That is a great looking truck..

Nelson
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming: "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

The transaction from Auburn fell through, nice guy but he is a capitalist (we all are) without enough capital. Not a big letdown since I really enjoy driving this Apache. Nelson, I have the "sister" car in your avatar, color wise anyway. I will post pictures this weekend but my Stage 1 vert is still the all around favorite of mine. The Stage is posted under member's rides, 1 of 15. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan.

I forgot to mention that the Apache has the overhead radio speaker . I have the original AM radio (not installed) and no the dash has not been "modified" or cut up. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan

Going into Winter "hibernation" / storage in 2 weeks. I am working 70 plus hours per week, thankfully!! Enjoy the BG nationals. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan

Are you still looking to sell the truck I am looking for a 59 looks very nice.

Pistolpete, No snow on the ground, yet! Still available. I will post more pictures later this week once the lift is available. Any other questions just PM me here. My barn is filling up but the weather in Michigan is still accomodating for a couple of last season drives. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan.

Here are some other shots of the underside and interior. No excuses or shortcuts on this Apache as you can see. The underside / chassis pictures are before I detailed it on the lift . Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan.

I will gladly store this Apache until Spring 2014 for the new owner. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan.

Merry Christmas to all and safe travels for relatives & guests. Icy roads here in Michigan but family should be arriving tonight & Monday day. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan

Still available . In storage until the snow melts , though. Not looking for any trades on this . Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan

Spring 2014 is fast approaching. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan

Fresh tuneup, all fluids changed and ready to drive. I will detail this Apache this week. Let me know. Regards, Upstaged in SW Michigan