Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey15 View Post
    And the spelling isn't the Maine difference.
    Touche!

Post Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Hardtop

Hi all, some of you have shown interest in my travel Blog. It seems that accessing it is far easier than I had initially thought - an email address looks to not be needed, just a link. Here it is - it's the complete journey since I left Sydney in late August. (let me know whether you have problems accessing it):

http://www.travelpod.com/z/stephenshortt/1/1419148132

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Boattail View Post
    All right - don't have to keep rubbing it in!!

Looking at your current 'Location' it looks like you are on your way to Singapore. If you like Singapore Chilli Crab but don't want to mortgage the house to eat it as you do if you eat in Stanley Street, go to 'Uncle Leong Seafood'. There are 3 branches in Singapore in Punggol, Toa Payoh & Jurong East. Excellent chilli crab (and other Chinese choices) - 4 adults and one child ate for about $S160.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by sean Buick 76 View Post
    I think this is a super cool road trip!!!! Have a blast!!! Take lots of pics and vids and share them!

Here is another road trip thread:

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.ph...ight=Road+trip
    Hi Sean Buick 76 - have posted the link to my Blog in this Post (page 3) if you want to have a look. Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Briz View Post
    If you get into North Florida on I- 75 give me a shout when u get close to the state line.

Hi Briz, I'll be leaving Cleveland some time this Sat morning heading for the latter part of the Mecum Kissimmee auction via Charlotte (Sat night) and Atlanta (for a drink with Patrick on Sunday evening if that suits him), so I should be near north Florida late Monday afternoon if all goes well. My mobile is (505) 9198967, if you want to txt me so I have your mobile number then we can hook up on Monday evening if that suited you? Stephen

Works just fine. Looks like a great trip so far! Hopefully see you when you're in Atlanta.
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by pbr400 View Post
    That sounds like an awesome trip! If you pass through or near Atlanta let me know! I'll buy the first round.
    Patrick
    Hi Patrick, I'm leaving Cleveland Sat morning (hopefully early) for Charlotte on Sat night, then I was going to head for Atlanta to take you up on that 'First beer' offer on Sunday later afternoon / evening. Would that suit you? I'll only overnight in Atlanta if that works as I want to get to Kissimmee for the Mecum auction and to spend a bit of time thawing out in Florida before flying off to (I think) Iceland for a 10 day Visa turnaround. My mobile is (505) 9198967. Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenintheUSA View Post
    Hi Patrick, I'm leaving Cleveland Sat morning (hopefully early) for Charlotte on Sat night, then I was going to head for Atlanta to take you up on that 'First beer' offer on Sunday later afternoon / evening. Would that suit you? I'll only overnight in Atlanta if that works as I want to get to Kissimmee for the Mecum auction and to spend a bit of time thawing out in Florida before flying off to (I think) Iceland for a 10 day Visa turnaround. My mobile is (505) 9198967. Stephen
    Between Charlotte and Atlanta, south of I-85, lies...Augusta!

LOL

Frank Brooks, Austin, TX USA

Empty garage again...
    WOT Charter Member
    2016 GMC HD2500 Denali 4WD CC Duramax/Allison 1000(DD)

Quote Originally Posted by austingta View Post
    Between Charlotte and Atlanta, south of I-85, lies...Augusta!

LOL

You re going to get a lot of mileage out of this one, aren't you!!

Great documentation on the Blog, nice work! I love the pics! I am glad you met Gary, I hope to meet him one day as well.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    My book called Small Block Buick Performance covering the V6, 215, 300, 340, and Buick 350 engines will be released soon.

http://www.v8buick.com/forumdisplay....rformance-Book
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    1970 Buick Skylark Turbo 350 street/strip

You re going to get a lot of mileage out of this one, aren't you!!
    Ha! I see where you are going there..."mileage"!

Don't forget to stop and see me!

Empty garage again...
    WOT Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by sean Buick 76 View Post
    Great documentation on the Blog, nice work! I love the pics! I am glad you met Gary, I hope to meet him one day as well.
    He is excellent, a great teacher too with a wealth of Buick knowledge. I really appreciated the time with him.

Ha! I see where you are going there..."mileage"!

Don't forget to stop and see me!

I won't forget but it won't be until I return in mid - Feb.

I won't forget but it won't be until I return in mid - Feb.

You'll like Austin. Also, our sister city is Adelaide.

Empty garage again...
    WOT Charter Member

You'll like Austin. Also, our sister city is Adelaide.

Well, well well!! Adelaide - the place of my birth! I believe Austin is the music capital of Texas and a significant player in the overall US music scene?

Well, well well!! Adelaide - the place of my birth! I believe Austin is the music capital of Texas and a significant player in the overall US music scene?
    A quick teaser..

https://www.google.com/search?q=live...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Empty garage again...
    WOT Charter Member

New Orleans is a different kind of place, one that visitors either love (like I and my family do) or darn near hate, depending upon one's tolerences. We've been to several Mardi Gras staying with a friend near Magazine Street. We've had our car burglarized, witnessed a shooting (murder; we only heard it, it was at the other end of the block), seen people having sex in a front yard at two in the afternoon (they were 'hidden' by a wrought iron fence), and enjoyed more local color than should be possible. I do want to see Austin and Nashville sometime, too.
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Boattail View Post
    I know all about Singapore, and I have the pleasure to enjoy the traditional Singaporean kitchen during my stay, and that's not like restaurant food
    Ah! Local knowledge is ALWAY best!

Stephen,

I am very anxious to hear about your Mecum experience. Let us know how it goes!
    Current Buick: 1969 GS400 convertible Factory Twilight Blue Poly GM code 51 with Pearl bucket seat interior, White top and non air

Daily drivers (all bought new) 1995 C-1500, 2008 Highlander, 2015 Corolla

"The Buick-and the things of the Buick-had become his passion." Stephen King (Novel:From A Buick 8)

"Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex." Marvin the Martian (Bugs Bunny show)

"A man's got to know his limitations." Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry)

...... but I notice all the photos are 'Summery' - there is no 'Winter' in Texas??

Not really, at least here. It's cool and wet today. Normally, the high would be in the 60's and the lows in the 40's.

Empty garage again...
    WOT Charter Member

Not really, at least here. It's cool and wet today. Normally, the high would be in the 60's and the lows in the 40's.
    If you'd like, I could ship you some snow and a bit of the 'record cold' we're havin' up here. I even brought the brass monkey inside.
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '70 Camaro RS race project
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '73 Beetle convt. project
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project
    '83 Olds Delta 88 Royale
    '88 Dakota
    '92 Plymouth
    '05 Silverado 4x4
    '14 Dodge Journey Blacktop edt.
    My name's Jerry and I'm a caraholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Albrecht View Post
    Stephen,

I am very anxious to hear about your Mecum experience. Let us know how it goes!
    Sure will - I'll be putting a post (or two) on my Blog about it. You won't be the only person interested - I'd say 1/3 of the guys I know in Oz will be wanting to hear as well.

I've been following this, and it seems quite interesting. Are you going to make it to California? I might be able to find a Guinness or two in the fridge...it was in the low '70s today. Pretty normal for the area.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeveeDee View Post
    I've been following this, and it seems quite interesting. Are you going to make it to California? I might be able to find a Guinness or two in the fridge...it was in the low '70s today. Pretty normal for the area.
    Hi SteeveeDee, After I return from Iceland mid-Feb I think I'll be heading across the boarder states towards California - I'll booked to eventually fly to Europe out of LA so I have to end up in California at some point (and for a Guinness or two, my motivation moves up SIGNIFICANTLY!!). Stephen

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast