Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Hardtop

Maybe we could turn it into a meetup with the local Buick constituents. Our third annual meetup would be in March or April.

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by SteeveeDee View Post
    Maybe we could turn it into a meetup with the local Buick constituents. Our third annual meetup would be in March or April.
    Definitely let me know the date and I can do my best to be there.

Just read through your entire blog. Glad you're having the time of your life eh!! I see you've also discovered the wonderful world of snow.
    Tom B
    05 Legend Lime Mustang GT convert.
    07 Lincoln Navigator

No more Buicks....for the time being. Can I still play here?

There's no such thing as a free lunch. Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenintheUSA View Post
    Definitely let me know the date and I can do my best to be there.
    Probably another thread should be started for organization of a meetup based on your availability, so that you can enjoy touring this great country. I haven't looked at your blog, yet, so I don't know if you are shipping your vehicle home after your visit.

I had the pleasure of meeting Stephen on Sunday as he passed through Georgia (before he passed through Augusta). Very nice guy, enjoyable dinner companion. His Electra is nearly a time capsule, too. If anyone has a chance to meet him, do.
    Patrick

Meeting up with Stephen after work today. he's headed this way and we'll grab some dinner.
    Ill take some pictures and post here.
    Curtis

1970 GS 455 4-Speed
    1972 GS 350 Convertible (SOLD)

My Blog http://72buickgs.blogspot.com/

My Buick Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuickGSOwners/

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right"

We thoroughly enjoyed our meeting with Stephen as well. Hope to spend a few more hours as he passes back through here in a few weeks.My daughter was most impressed. I was able to hook him up with another local Buick guy for some parts on his Electra.
    ROA Member # 13359
    BCA #46919
    BPG #2320
    68 Riviera: Show car.
    78 Regal:Track car 1.47 60'- 7.00.9 1/8 mile, 11.14 1/4

Hello Stephen !!
    I take it, you were going south along the eastern seaboard.
    If, you happen to come back north, and be driving near Birmingham Alabama, give me a shout !
    "Bulldog" James A. Miller

Stephen, be careful if you get into an area hit by the storms that are moving across the South and will be traveling up and along the coast.
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '70 Camaro RS race project
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '73 Beetle convt. project
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project
    '83 Olds Delta 88 Royale
    '88 Dakota
    '92 Plymouth
    '05 Silverado 4x4
    '14 Dodge Journey Blacktop edt.
    My name's Jerry and I'm a caraholic.

It was a great night. Stephen dropped by yesterday evening.
    Very nice personable guy.
    And his car is super nice too. Very nice condition inside and out

I bet you're wondering about hubcaps...turns out the originals are in the trunk for safe keeping. At a garage where Stephen had some work done they gave him a great deal he could not refuse on 4 spoke hubcaps that he liked alot. After he left there, and his next stop at Walmart, all 4 were stolen... They were on the car about 30 minutes.

He had a little bit of a valve cover leak so we snugged all the bolts without over tightening. They did seem a little loose
    And we hosed it down as it still had some salt on it from the roads up north.

After a good look at the car, we took my car for a spin and then headed out for dinner to a local Mexican restaurant. The conversation could have gone on all night. We were the last ones left at closing.
    Back at my house we chatted some more and we looked at pictures he took at the Mecum auction that day - I need to go there

One last picture as he left the driveway
    Curtis

1970 GS 455 4-Speed

Some of my best memories are from spending time with friends I met for the first time. You may never meet face-to-face again, but now you are both an important part of the stories of each others lives. Awesome!
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project
    '83 Olds Delta 88 Royale
    '88 Dakota
    '92 Plymouth
    '05 Silverado 4x4

That car needs a nice set of road wheels on it to prevent future hubcap theft. Although I must say i've had more than a few center caps stolen from me over the years. It looks like someone also stole the crest out of the hood ornament. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of spare ornaments for that car if you want a replacement. Happy Trails to you!

Edit: I found some wheels whilst surfing for other things in Oklahoma. If your trip happens to take you that way and your interested in some road wheels.........http://joplin.craigslist.org/pts/4815012182.html
    Last edited by Chi-Town67; 01-23-2015 at 11:34 AM.
    Nick

'67 GS 400 HT (a work in progress, almost done)(yeah right!)

My Garage........... http://www.v8buick.com/garage_vehicl...vehicle&id=840

I think his Buick is 5 on 5' pattern.
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project
    '83 Olds Delta 88 Royale
    '88 Dakota
    '92 Plymouth
    '05 Silverado 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey15 View Post
    I think his Buick is 5 on 5' pattern.
    The person that put that ad up doesn't know how to measure apparently. Those are definitely big car wheels in the pics.
    Nick

'67 GS 400 HT (a work in progress, almost done)(yeah right!)

My Garage........... http://www.v8buick.com/garage_vehicl...vehicle&id=840

Hi all, I'd like to say how taken I am with the welcome and hospitality I keep getting shown on the pages of this Forum and in my 'Life-on-the-road' journey as I travel through the US. I had a great time meeting Gary in Chardon, Patrick in Atlanta, and Steve and his daughter (and his Buick friend and his wife) in Lake City, and meeting Curtis in Orlando, to say nothing of the growing 'call-in if you are passing through ....' statements on this Forum. I've believed for a long time that one of the great similarities between Australians and Americans is the open-hearted hospitality that seems to abound in both countries - I thank you all for extending that so generously to me. Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town67 View Post
    That car needs a nice set of road wheels on it to prevent future hubcap theft. Although I must say i've had more than a few center caps stolen from me over the years. It looks like someone also stole the crest out of the hood ornament. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of spare ornaments for that car if you want a replacement. Happy Trails to you!

Edit: I found some wheels whilst surfing for other things in Oklahoma. If your trip happens to take you that way and your interested in some road wheels.........http://joplin.craigslist.org/pts/4815012182.html
    Hi Chi-town67, Thanks for the CraigsList link. As to the hood ornament - it wasn't there when I bought the car, and yes, I would be interested in getting a replacement - I keep looking at it as I'm driving down the road, saying to myself 'I really must get that replaced'. I'm going to be out of the country for while but will get in touch with you upon my return. Thanks, Stephen

Hi all, my planned trip to Iceland has had to be shelved because my 8 year old God-daughter Ada, who had to have a liver transplant about 18 months ago, is in in hospital in Sydney with life threatening liver rejection issues. I'm going back to Sydney to spend time with her. I'd ask you all to think of her in your prayers - I'd like to have her in my life for a lot longer yet. Thanks, Stephen

I will say a prayer for her. Safe travels to you.
    Patrick

Thoughts from us too. Keep us posted.
    We'll see you when you get back here.
    Curtis

1970 GS 455 4-Speed

Ada will be in my prayers. Have a safe trip.
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project
    '83 Olds Delta 88 Royale
    '88 Dakota
    '92 Plymouth
    '05 Silverado 4x4

Sorry to hear. Really enjoyed this thread and your blog.

I too have been to the Kissimmee Old Time Saturday Nite cruise, it was about 13 years ago now. Very memorable.

Best of luck in your next adventure.... and if you are ever down south in Oz, look up this Kiwi with a Wildcat

PS: Iceland is fantastic. Been there twice. You will love the Blue Lagoon thermal spa.
    1968 Wildcat Custom coupe

Quote Originally Posted by StephenintheUSA View Post
    Hi all, my planned trip to Iceland has had to be shelved because my 8 year old God-daughter Ada, who had to have a liver transplant about 18 months ago, is in in hospital in Sydney with life threatening liver rejection issues. I'm going back to Sydney to spend time with her. I'd ask you all to think of her in your prayers - I'd like to have her in my life for a lot longer yet. Thanks, Stephen
    Hey Guys
    Just heard from Stephen, his God daughter is not doing well, the precious little girls heart is failing.
    We need for her to receive immediate prayers,all is possible when in Gods care.
    gary
    gary
    Iron Stage 2
    GSCA #51
    BPG #1135
    To grow old is mandatory,
    To grow up is optional.
    "CARPE DIEM"

69 GS400 4 speed documented Stage2,original owner,18k miles
    68 GS400 Stage2 race car "Great Scat" 9.94
    69 GS400 4 speed convertible
    70 Q-Q GSX ( actually Sandy's) pure stock trim,12.78 best et
    70 Race car, "Thumper"resurrected. 9.80
    71 GS 455 10 second street car, triple black
    71 GS 455 11 second grocery getter

Quote Originally Posted by greatscat View Post
    Hey Guys
    Just heard from Stephen, his God daughter is not doing well, the precious little girls heart is failing.
    We need for her to receive immediate prayers,all is possible when in Gods care.
    gary
    I got the same message from him this morning. Hope she pulls through.
    ROA Member # 13359
    BCA #46919
    BPG #2320
    68 Riviera: Show car.
    78 Regal:Track car 1.47 60'- 7.00.9 1/8 mile, 11.14 1/4

Unfortunately Ada lost the battle earlier today. I head from Stephen about 10am our time that she'd passed, surrounded by family. I posted in 'help from above' but some may have missed it. It hurts to...well it just hurts.
    Patrick

I heard from him around the same time I'm really glad he decided to go home and be with her. Eight years old is too young. If we could shift some prayers to the rest of the family now it would be good.
    Curtis

1970 GS 455 4-Speed

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast