Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by cstanley-gs View Post
    I heard from him around the same time I'm really glad he decided to go home and be with her. Eight years old is too young. If we could shift some prayers to the rest of the family now it would be good.
    Amen, my Friend. Amen.
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '70 Camaro RS race project
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '73 Beetle convt. project
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project
    '83 Olds Delta 88 Royale
    '88 Dakota
    '92 Plymouth
    '05 Silverado 4x4
    '14 Dodge Journey Blacktop edt.
    My name's Jerry and I'm a caraholic.

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Hardtop

Current Buick: 1969 GS400 convertible Factory Twilight Blue Poly GM code 51 with Pearl bucket seat interior, White top and non air

Daily drivers (all bought new) 1995 C-1500, 2008 Highlander, 2015 Corolla

"The Buick-and the things of the Buick-had become his passion." Stephen King (Novel:From A Buick 8)

"Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex." Marvin the Martian (Bugs Bunny show)

"A man's got to know his limitations." Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry)

Prayers to you and your family Stephen. When you return for your journey Im sure that Angel will be riding along next to you.
    72 Buick GS 350

Post Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Hardtop

Thank you for the prayers, thoughts and care you all have expressed for Ada, her family and me. It has been greatly appreciated and very supportive. Ada did not die through lack of love, care, prayer or medical skill - I can only believe that sometimes those we love have only a short time on this world and nothing can change that. Although I miss her terribly, I am thankful for the years I did have with her - being asked to be her God-father was one of the proudest moments in my life. Thank you all again, Stephen

Sorry to hear of the outcome. Welcome back to the US, now.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenintheUSA View Post
    Thank you for the prayers, thoughts and care you all have expressed for Ada, her family and me. It has been greatly appreciated and very supportive. Ada did not die through lack of love, care, prayer or medical skill - I can only believe that sometimes those we love have only a short time on this world and nothing can change that. Although I miss her terribly, I am thankful for the years I did have with her - being asked to be her God-father was one of the proudest moments in my life. Thank you all again, Stephen
    Godspeed Ada.

So sorry for your loss.
    Sold the 69. Now restoring 68 GS CA.

Patrick

Hi all, I'm back on the road but have changed my travel direction - I'm now travelling parts of Europe and after my 90 day visa there is finished will fly to the US to pick-up the car and do some more travelling there before heading either back to Europe or on to Australia. I hope to have my blog updated over the next few days so you can see some of my travels in Europe. I hope you are all well.

Good to hear from you again, Stephen. It's really nice that you have the time and freedom to travel as you do. must be retired!
    In the pics, I think it's so sweet of the gal on the yellow Buick to offer her heart for all the world to see.
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project
    '83 Olds Delta 88 Royale
    '88 Dakota
    '92 Plymouth
    '05 Silverado 4x4

Erik, send me the unedited version of that yellow car. Never seen euro boobs before.
    ROA Member # 13359
    BCA #46919
    BPG #2320
    68 Riviera: Show car.
    78 Regal:Track car 1.47 60'- 7.00.9 1/8 mile, 11.14 1/4

I noticed that the 70 Electra had his front bumper tri-shield ornament missing too. 70 Buick.jpg

Frank Brooks, Austin, TX USA

Empty garage again...
    WOT Charter Member
    2016 GMC HD2500 Denali 4WD CC Duramax/Allison 1000(DD)

Quote Originally Posted by Briz View Post
    Erik, send me the unedited version of that yellow car. Never seen euro boobs before.
    Me as well, please Erik.

Briz, they look just like USA boobs only they are metric.
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project
    '83 Olds Delta 88 Royale
    '88 Dakota
    '92 Plymouth
    '05 Silverado 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey15 View Post
    Me as well, please Erik.

Briz, they look just like USA boobs only they are metric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Boattail View Post
    They are almost the same as US breasts, only less Silicon Valley

Shwing! Metric TaTa's!
    ROA Member # 13359
    BCA #46919
    BPG #2320

Ah, those photos put a smile-on-my-dial - beautiful convertibles! Thanks for posting them. As to the 'love heart' you are all so fixated on - haven't you heard of the phrase 'Fine European engineering'!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Boattail View Post
    Stephen, maybe you should change the URL in your signature into this:

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog...tt/1/tpod.html

That way, the blog will start with a list of your last posts

Thanks Bad Boattail - I have done as you suggested. Stephen

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Coupe

Just to let you all know - I've advertised my Electra for sale in the 'Car For Sale' section of this forum. I haven't traveled as much of the USA in it as I had hoped to, but it is time to let it go. Thank you all for your support over this journey - your welcome, friendship and advise have all been greatly appreciated.

I also apologize to those of you who were enjoying my travel Blog - since Ada's death I have found no motivation to put any energy into it, so it has languished. I don't know whether I will put any effort into it again but if I do, I'll let you know.

Stephen

Sorry your travels came to an end, Stephen. When, or if, you decide to regroup and see more of our Country, your support group will still be here.
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project
    '83 Olds Delta 88 Royale
    '88 Dakota
    '92 Plymouth
    '05 Silverado 4x4

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by StephenintheUSA View Post
    Just to let you all know - I've advertised my Electra for sale in the 'Car For Sale' section of this forum. I haven't traveled as much of the USA in it as I had hoped to, but it is time to let it go. Thank you all for your support over this journey - your welcome, friendship and advise have all been greatly appreciated.

I also apologize to those of you who were enjoying my travel Blog - since Ada's death I have found no motivation to put any energy into it, so it has languished. I don't know whether I will put any effort into it again but if I do, I'll let you know.

Stephen
    It was great meeting and spending time with you while you were in my part of the US. Stay in touch once you get home. My daughter is inspired to travel Australia. You dont need to own a Buick to be part of this group.
    ROA Member # 13359
    BCA #46919
    BPG #2320

It was great meeting and spending time with you while you were in my part of the US. Stay in touch once you get home. My daughter is inspired to travel Australia. You dont need to own a Buick to be part of this group.
    Same here... please do keep in touch. And as Briz said you dont need to leave the forum..
    If you're in my area again be sure to let me know
    Curtis

1970 GS 455 4-Speed
    1972 GS 350 Convertible (SOLD)

My Blog http://72buickgs.blogspot.com/

My Buick Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuickGSOwners/

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right"

I too enjoyed meeting you and hope you'll stick around. A lot of us will be in Bowling Green, Kentucky this week--drive on up and see us!
    Patrick

Hi Briz, it's not 'Good-bye' just yet - I'd like to catch up with you before I leave, and am looking to come back after doing my visa turn around in Costa Rica, if I can. Stephen

Same here... please do keep in touch. And as Briz said you dont need to leave the forum..
    Hi cstanley-gs, as I just said to Briz - it's not 'Good-bye' just yet. I'd like to catch up with you before I leave and will do everything I can to do that. I and am looking to come back after doing my visa turn around in Costa Rica, if I can. Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by pbr400 View Post
    I too enjoyed meeting you and hope you'll stick around. A lot of us will be in Bowling Green, Kentucky this week--drive on up and see us!
    Patrick
    Hi Patrick, as I've just said to Briz and cstanley-gs, it's not 'Good-bye' just yet - I'd like to catch up with you before I leave and will do my best to make that happen, and am looking to come back after doing my visa turn around in Costa Rica, if I can. Stephen. What is happening in Bowling Green Kentucky?? Stephen

It's the GS Nationals--the original annual gathering for Buick powered fun, still going strong (mostly) and drawing old friends and new faces from all over the US and beyond. Test and Tune Wednesday, Thursday, Friday afternoon, and Saturday. Car show Friday, racing Saturday, swap meet all days, socializing, beer drinking and general hoonery in the hotel parking lots every evening. I sent you a text invite; in case you didn't get it here it is. Rooms may be scarce but I'm sure there's floor space or better to offer. Come on up! Seriously!
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by pbr400 View Post
    It's the GS Nationals--the original annual gathering for Buick powered fun, still going strong (mostly) and drawing old friends and new faces from all over the US and beyond. Test and Tune Wednesday, Thursday, Friday afternoon, and Saturday. Car show Friday, racing Saturday, swap meet all days, socializing, beer drinking and general hoonery in the hotel parking lots every evening. I sent you a text invite; in case you didn't get it here it is. Rooms may be scarce but I'm sure there's floor space or better to offer. Come on up! Seriously!
    Patrick
    Sounds excellent - Briz mentioned same a couple of months ago but I thought it was in Nov. What day are you going there??

Hi Curtis. Are you going to the GS Nationals this week / weekend?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast