Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Briz View Post
    It was great meeting and spending time with you while you were in my part of the US. Stay in touch once you get home. My daughter is inspired to travel Australia. You dont need to own a Buick to be part of this group.
    Hi Briz. Are you going to the GS Nationals this week / weekend?

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by StephenintheUSA View Post
    Hi Briz. Are you going to the GS Nationals this week / weekend?

Aye! Leaving tonight for a Thursday AM arrival
    ROA Member # 13359
    BCA #46919
    BPG #2320
    68 Riviera: Show car.
    78 Regal:Track car 1.47 60'- 7.00.9 1/8 mile, 11.14 1/4

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Hardtop

Well, I had the most amazing and enjoyable time at the GS Nationals in Bowling Green, Kentucky and to think I almost didn't go - Briz had mentioned the Nationals when I first arrived back in the US but as I wasn't expecting to still be in the US at the time, I forgot all about it. Thankfully PBR400 mentioned it in a Post to me on Wednesday afternoon so I had time to attend.

It was an excellent drive from Madison in northern Florida to Bowling Green - perfect weather that continued through-out the event.

I expected to be on the sidelines watching the racing so was surprised at the suggestion that I join in the fun and race in the Electra!! And I am sooooo glad I did! What a blast! Highly addictive! By the end of Thursday I was looking for a spare NO2 cylinder to help along the 16.6 sec 1/4 mile times!!

Looking back over my life, I have to say that this sits right up there in the 'Most enjoyable' category of my life experiences and made made so not just by the racing but also by the immediate welcome, hands of friendship and never-ending camaraderie I was shown from the moment I arrived and through-out the event.

Thank you Bryan for suggesting I race; thank you 'Carbi' Dave for so willingly working on my Q-jet (as it sorely needed it); thank you to Starc and Jim and Pete and Briz and Gary and Bubba (and Bryan and 'Carbi' Dave) for all the suggestions on how work with the tree and on how to improve my times - your support was enormously appreciated.

In the larger picture - thank you to the organizers of this event and all those who volunteered and made it run so well.

The only negative - having to wait another year to do it all over again.

If anyone has some pictures of my racing would you let me know and I'll ask you to email them to me.

Thanks again, Stephen

Default Re: An Australian travelling the USA in a 1976 Buick Electra Limited 2-door Hardtop

Well, I had the most amazing and enjoyable time at the GS Nationals in Bowling Green, Kentucky and to think I almost didn't go - Briz had mentioned the Nationals when I first arrived back in the US but as I wasn't expecting to still be in the US at the time, I forgot all about it. Thankfully PBR400 mentioned it in a Post to me on Wednesday afternoon so I had time to attend.

It was an excellent drive from Madison in northern Florida to Bowling Green - perfect weather that continued through-out the event.

I expected to be on the sidelines watching the racing so was surprised at the suggestion that I join in the fun and race in the Electra!! And I am sooooo glad I did! What a blast! Highly addictive! By the end of Thursday I was looking for a spare NO2 cylinder to help along the 16.6 sec 1/4 mile times!!

Looking back over my life, I have to say that this sits right up there in the 'Most enjoyable' category of my life experiences and made made so not just by the racing but also by the immediate welcome, hands of friendship and never-ending camaraderie I was shown from the moment I arrived and through-out the event.

Thank you Bryan for suggesting I race; thank you 'Carbi' Dave for so willingly working on my Q-jet (as it sorely needed it); thank you to Starc and Jim and Pete and Briz and Gary and Bubba (and Bryan and 'Carbi' Dave) for all the suggestions on how work with the tree and on how to improve my times - your support was enormously appreciated.

In the larger picture - thank you to the organizers of this event and all those who volunteered and made it run so well.

If anyone has some pictures of my racing would you let me know and I'll ask you to email them to me.

Thanks again, Stephen
    While sitting in the stands I over heard a great many people talking about you and the Electra. Everyone was very impressed and inspired. You may be the first international participant at the nationals.
    ROA Member # 13359
    BCA #46919
    BPG #2320

Thanks again, Stephen
    It was great meeting you at BG Stephen! I'm glad you had a good time. Of course, it is hard (impossible?) to not have a good time at the GSCA Nationals! I have pictures and (I think) a video of you racing. I'll check tonight when I get home.

Mike B. (Red 68 GS400)
    Mike B.
    1968 GS400
    2004 Pontiac GTO (Sold!)
    GSCA #1004
    BPG #1264

Stephen! It was great meeting you & was glad to help in anyway. I loved seeing you smoke the right rear tire passed the 330 mark but that didn't help make
    your best times. You could see you were enjoying it & that's what the GS Nats are about.
    Hope to see you next year.
    Bubba Crouch
    85 T-type 455 - P/S, hydroboost brakes,67 Iron heads,sp1,950 Proform, 290-08H
    TH400-3600 J.W., 3.42's, 10.90@120mph. 1.43 60ft.
    70 Stage 1 4 speed non AC
    72 GS350
    87 Turbo T

I'm glad you were able to make it (especially on a day's notice) and experienced the GS Nationals in their full WOT glory. I don't think it could have worked out any better. It's something special--more than just the sum of the parts.
    Patrick

Stephen that is friggin awesome!
    Im so jealous!

I thought this might be the year Id get to go but, had to get back home again for other reasons
    I say, maybe next year, but your description of the event makes me want to go even more!
    Curtis

1970 GS 455 4-Speed
    1972 GS 350 Convertible (SOLD)

My Blog http://72buickgs.blogspot.com/

My Buick Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuickGSOwners/

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B in SC View Post
    It was great meeting you at BG Stephen! I'm glad you had a good time. Of course, it is hard (impossible?) to not have a good time at the GSCA Nationals! I have pictures and (I think) a video of you racing. I'll check tonight when I get home.

Mike B. (Red 68 GS400)
    Thanks Mike. If you do have photos and videos that would be great!!

Quote Originally Posted by crouchmtrsports View Post
    Stephen! It was great meeting you & was glad to help in anyway. I loved seeing you smoke the right rear tire passed the 330 mark but that didn't help make
    your best times. You could see you were enjoying it & that's what the GS Nats are about.
    Hope to see you next year.
    Thanks Bubba. I really enjoyed the tire smoking - once it started I knew that my time had gone out the door, so I decided to just enjoy smoking that right rear. It was great fun! I hope to see you again next year too - it was a great pleasure meeting you. Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by cstanley-gs View Post
    Stephen that is friggin awesome!
    Im so jealous!

I thought this might be the year Id get to go but, had to get back home again for other reasons
    I say, maybe next year, but your description of the event makes me want to go even more!
    Hi Curtis, I understand. I hope you can make it next year - it was truly amazing. You would love it! Fingers crossed for next year. Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by pbr400 View Post
    I'm glad you were able to make it (especially on a day's notice) and experienced the GS Nationals in their full WOT glory. I don't think it could have worked out any better. It's something special--more than just the sum of the parts.
    Patrick
    Very true Patrick, very true!

Thanks Mike. If you do have photos and videos that would be great!!
    Stephen, I uploaded a video of you racing. It is on the "2015 GSCA Nationals Video" thread in "The Bench" section, video 07.

Mike B.
    1968 GS400
    2004 Pontiac GTO (Sold!)
    GSCA #1004
    BPG #1264

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE UK TO EVERYONE IN V8 BUICK FORUM LAND - IT'S BEEN A THE PLEASURE MEETING, OR TALKING, WITH PEOPLE OVER THE PERIOD I'VE BEEN A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ADVISE AND HELP I HAVE RECEIVED OVER THAT TIME.

I HOPE 2017 IS A YEAR FULL OF NEW BEGINNINGS, NEW POSSIBILITIES AND NEW ADVENTURES FOR YOU ALL (AND THE OCCASIONAL NEW BARN FIND THROWN IN FOR GOOD MEASURE!).

SO AGAIN - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Stephenintheusa

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE UK TO EVERYONE IN V8 BUICK FORUM LAND - IT'S BEEN A THE PLEASURE MEETING, OR TALKING, WITH PEOPLE OVER THE PERIOD I'VE BEEN A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ADVISE AND HELP I HAVE RECEIVED OVER THAT TIME.

I HOPE 2017 IS A YEAR FULL OF NEW BEGINNINGS, NEW POSSIBILITIES AND NEW ADVENTURES FOR YOU ALL (AND THE OCCASIONAL NEW BARN FIND THROWN IN FOR GOOD MEASURE!).

SO AGAIN - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Stephenintheusa

Same to you my good friend! See you soon!
    ROA Member # 13359
    BCA #46919
    BPG #2320

Happy New Year! I hope you are able to come back to the USA again to see the sites that you wanted. Don't be a stranger here. You are one of us now!
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '70 Camaro RS race project
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '73 Beetle convt. project
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project