Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Default Going to sell my GS stage1

New here and looking for any advise on selling my 1970 GS stage1 It is a documented car and is a numbers matching motor and transmission, both with the vin numbers on them. Just wanting to know if these are in any kind of demand, or if it just may be a bad time to sell. I also have a 1965 Buick Skylark convertible that is a very nice driver as well, and looking for the same advise on it. Thanks to any of you that care to help out.

Default Re: Going to sell my GS stage1

Well, you can advertise it here buy you'll need to put a price on it. If your not sure what to ask, put it on Ebay with a reserve and see what kind of bites you get. You can always lower the reserve mid auction if you start to like the way its going.

Cars are still selling. There are still some of us with some extra money despite the poor economy.
    Jason Cook
    BPG #1675
    "Expert in obsolete technology"

1968 Riviera GS- some assembly required
    1969 Riviera GS- my first car
    1969 GS-350
    1970 Stage 1 4 speed Aquamist
    1970 GS-455 Bamboo Cream beater
    1971 GS 455 11.93@113.36
    1972 GS-350
    1970 Stellar Industries vintage go kart

Deo duce, ferro comitante

I'll move this thread to "The Bench", where you can ask for input on your cars and their possible market value. However, we do NOT allow actual sales activity anywhere on V8Buick other than in the appropriate For Sale section, in your case, Cars For Sale. When you have specific asking prices figured out, go ahead and list your cars for sale there. Please also first take a couple minutes to read our sales policies in the sticky threads at the top of the For Sale sections.
    Ex-1968 GS350
    Ex-1998 Riviera

The stage 1 is in higher demand than the Skylark. I am in the market for a stage 1 but looking for the right one at the right price and I just started looking. If it's in good shape, they demand a few bucks. I am certain if you shared some pictures, you would get some responses and probably some purchase requests.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGS View Post
    ..... I am certain if you shared some pictures, you would get some responses and probably some purchase requests.....
    Which is NOT allowed in this section of the board.

A 70 Stage 1 car will garner plenty of attention if it's legit. Yes they are in demand. If you need help figuring out fair market values, post some pictures, spell out a lot of description info regarding the originality or lack thereof, interior, mechanical, paint/body conditions, and some very knowledgeable board members will be happy to tell you what they feel it could be worth.
    Ex-1968 GS350
    Ex-1998 Riviera