Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Default scum bag company Cars, oldbuickparts

Don't support their products or purchase from them, they are ripping off anyone who needs to return any crappy products and not giving back shipping charges. Their fan shrouds are total crap! Made from fiberglass and what a mess they are. They are Rudd and won't give back shipping costs to get any products back to them. Problem is the pictures are very small and have no details. I was trusting and ordered a fan shroud which is a big item and if you don't like it too bad. I will never buy from them again ever, very angry at them now I am done. Please share this everywhere even Facebook . Thank you Russell Card proud member of this group.

Default Re: scum bag company Cars, oldbuickparts

In their defense, I don't think they make the shrouds. I believe they just sell the available repro. Probably the same part you would purchase anywhere. And yes, the fiberglass shrouds that are currently available are a little....ahem... rough to say the least. They've always been that way since whoever started making them out of fiberglass however many years ago. They require hours of sanding and finishing to make them look even semi decent. I could of told you that before you ordered it. Sometimes, its just worth it to bite the bullet and buy a nice original even though an original is costly.

Its my belief that all these issues boil down to a lack of communication on BOTH sides. And if you start the conversation with guns blazing, its human nature to get a little defensive on the phone. I always try to be polite, state my cases clearly and ask what they can do for me. A little compromise on both sides is what it takes.

Im sorry you had an issue with them.
    Jason Cook
    BPG #1675
    "Expert in obsolete technology"

1968 Riviera GS- some assembly required
    1969 Riviera GS- my first car
    1969 GS-350
    1970 Stage 1 4 speed Aquamist
    1970 GS-455 Bamboo Cream beater
    1971 GS 455 11.93@113.36
    1972 GS-350
    1970 Stellar Industries vintage go kart

Deo duce, ferro comitante

I do not know how long you have been in the car hobby, but if your number of posts is any indication, I would say at least maybe Buick wise not that long? Anyway, I could be totally wrong and that it not as relevant as what I am about to say. Use this forum, of which contains hundreds of cumulative years or trials, tribulations and success stories of restorations and parts buying experiences. It is simple, before splurging on anything from anywhere worth any kind of money that you would be sorry to lose, ask a question here and you will not regret it! Let someone else's experience in making a mistake prevent you from making one. That's why this forum is here.
    "Sometimes the place to be is right where you are"

Ken Mild
    Proud member of The Stepchild Nation
    69 GS400; 462ci; 430hp, 530lb.ft.
    12.90 @108.45mph - Open diff. / 3.08 / BFG T/A's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JjGIo3V40E

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Mild View Post
    I do not know how long you have been in the car hobby, but if your number of posts is any indication, I would say at least maybe Buick wise not that long? Anyway, I could be totally wrong and that it not as relevant as what I am about to say. Use this forum, of which contains hundreds of cumulative years or trials, tribulations and success stories of restorations and parts buying experiences. It is simple, before splurging on anything from anywhere worth any kind of money that you would be sorry to lose, ask a question here and you will not regret it! Let someone else's experience in making a mistake prevent you from making one. That's why this forum is here.
    From now on I will ask questions before I do any purchases in restoration parts, thank you great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by buick64203 View Post
    In their defense, I don't think they make the shrouds. I believe they just sell the available repro. Probably the same part you would purchase anywhere. And yes, the fiberglass shrouds that are currently available are a little....ahem... rough to say the least. They've always been that way since whoever started making them out of fiberglass however many years ago. They require hours of sanding and finishing to make them look even semi decent. I could of told you that before you ordered it. Sometimes, its just worth it to bite the bullet and buy a nice original even though an original is costly.

Its my belief that all these issues boil down to a lack of communication on BOTH sides. And if you start the conversation with guns blazing, its human nature to get a little defensive on the phone. I always try to be polite, state my cases clearly and ask what they can do for me. A little compromise on both sides is what it takes.

Im sorry you had an issue with them.
    They make fiberglass repo and it is horrible in looks with mis shapen casting all over it. I opened the box and returned it right away it was so ugly. From now on I will ask for advice from this group before purchasing restoration parts. Thank you for your advice .

This Buick vendor has been criticized and complimented for years here. I did not have a good experieince with them for my only purchase, but it fortunately didn't involve much money. If you search the forum for CARS INC and OldBuickParts you'll find plenty of info.
    Ex-1968 GS350
    Ex-1998 Riviera

They tend to have many wrong parts and they are misguided on descriptions..I haven't lost much money from them,but enough to sway away fro purchasing from them..
    Pat Harmon
    1970 QQ GSX back half car
    1970 462 Skylark

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    This Buick vendor has been criticized and complimented for years here. I did not have a good experieince with them for my only purchase, but it fortunately didn't involve much money. If you search the forum for CARS INC and OldBuickParts you'll find plenty of info.
    Thank you for your support in this, maybe they may straighten out their act?

Quote Originally Posted by bignastyGS View Post
    They tend to have many wrong parts and they are misguided on descriptions..I haven't lost much money from them,but enough to sway away fro purchasing from them..
    Totally agree with that plus they have no clue on how to market parts. Amazon has great pictures mist if the time not all but they need better pictures of products and descriptions. Thank you for passing this along.

Billions and trillions is another suspect Buick parts seller...
    Pat Harmon
    1970 QQ GSX back half car
    1970 462 Skylark

Quote Originally Posted by gs4001968 View Post
    Don't support their products or purchase from them, they are ripping off anyone who needs to return any crappy products and not giving back shipping charges. Their fan shrouds are total crap! Made from fiberglass and what a mess they are. They are Rudd and won't give back shipping costs to get any products back to them. Problem is the pictures are very small and have no details. I was trusting and ordered a fan shroud which is a big item and if you don't like it too bad. I will never buy from them again ever, very angry at them now I am done. Please share this everywhere even Facebook . Thank you Russell Card proud member of this group.
    you can do a charge back with your CC company if you did not get what you paid for and they will have to eat it.
    1971 LeSabre Custom 4 door hardtop
    1973 LeSabre Custom 2 door hardtop

My Free RPM-Speed-Gear Ratio Calculation Tool

Quote Originally Posted by bignastyGS View Post
    Billions and trillions is another suspect Buick parts seller...
    Oh good grief...you just HAD to bring up "Biker Fox" didn't you Pat? LOL!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brad Conley. 70 GSX Prototype, 71 Black GSX, 87 GNX Prototype, 75 Skyhawk, 2 86 GN's, 72 Centurion Convert and a host of other Buicks!

Brad, was that pic before or after their sex change? So Richard Simmons has a sibling.
    Jerry
    '62 LeSabre 4dr. sedan
    '65 Skylark convt.
    '67 Skylark 2dr. hdtp.
    '30 Ford Roadster pickup
    '68 Nova SS
    '69 Z/28 RS apart
    '70 Camaro RS race project
    '71 Z/28 RS
    '73 Beetle convt. project
    '78 Futura
    '78 Fairmont wgn project
    '83 Olds Delta 88 Royale
    '88 Dakota
    '92 Plymouth
    '05 Silverado 4x4
    '14 Dodge Journey Blacktop edt.
    My name's Jerry and I'm a caraholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey15 View Post
    Brad, was that pic before or after their sex change?
    Yes. LOL!!
    Brad Conley. 70 GSX Prototype, 71 Black GSX, 87 GNX Prototype, 75 Skyhawk, 2 86 GN's, 72 Centurion Convert and a host of other Buicks!

Ive bought from them for years and honestly have never had an issue with them. But I tend to research the hell out it before I order

CARS carries a lot of nice parts for GS's. Its the only place you can get Duane's concours correct rally wheel acorn lug nuts and all kinds of other hard to find odds and ends for our cars- heater control valve donuts, 70-72 marker light gaskets, the correct headlight adjusters, tail light gaskets, Buick Tri-shield rubber mats, accessory trunk mats. The list goes on and on. It would be hard to restore a GS without them

Yeah, some parts are a swing and a miss like the shrouds. But the fiberglass one you'll order from another vendor is going to be the same crap.

Glen, the owner is a genuinely nice guy. Ive met him personally at the shows and he doesn't come off as a Richard. Yelling and screaming doesn't get you very far. You might want to take a deep breath, call back and ask for him. State your case and ask him what he can do. Im sure you two can bend a little and work something out.
    Jason Cook
    BPG #1675
    "Expert in obsolete technology"

1968 Riviera GS- some assembly required
    1969 Riviera GS- my first car
    1969 GS-350
    1970 Stage 1 4 speed Aquamist
    1970 GS-455 Bamboo Cream beater
    1971 GS 455 11.93@113.36
    1972 GS-350
    1970 Stellar Industries vintage go kart

Deo duce, ferro comitante

Quote Originally Posted by buick64203 View Post
    Ive bought from them for years and honestly have never had an issue with them. But I tend to research the hell out it before I order

CARS carries a lot of nice parts for GS's. Its the only place you can get Duane's concours correct rally wheel acorn lug nuts and all kinds of other hard to find odds and ends for our cars- heater control valve donuts, 70-72 marker light gaskets, the correct headlight adjusters, tail light gaskets, Buick Tri-shield rubber mats, accessory trunk mats. The list goes on and on. It would be hard to restore a GS without them

Yeah, some parts are a swing and a miss like the shrouds. But the fiberglass one you'll order from another vendor is going to be the same crap.

Glen, the owner is a genuinely nice guy. Ive met him personally at the shows and he doesn't come off as a Richard. Yelling and screaming doesn't get you very far. You might want to take a deep breath, call back and ask for him. State your case and ask him what he can do. Im sure you two can bend a little and work something out.
    I am done with them for a long long time as they are very arrogant. I just simply don't not trust them now it's as simple as that for me. I trust this group so if I need parts all I have to do is ask.

Quote Originally Posted by gs4001968 View Post
    Thank you for your support in this, maybe they may straighten out their act?

Unlikely, they are what they are.
    Ex-1968 GS350
    Ex-1998 Riviera