Welcome to V8Buick.com.

Default Found Disc Brake Conversion for Full Size Buicks (Wildcat LeSabre, Electra)

If you're like me, you have looked around without much luck for a simple solution to convert your front drums to disc brakes. There are lots of options for A-Body Skylarks but not the B-Bodies. I mean who needs good brakes more than a guy driving an 18ft long convertible??? Some guys in Australia have created brackets you can buy to convert the spindles, then you buy the rest of the parts list they provide (all standard pieces from later model Buicks). When you are done you know you can go down to the local parts store and get rotors or pads. They will ship the brackets to the states - no hassles. I spotted this option a week or so back and plan to buy a set. Maybe someone else has a better solution but I have not seen it. Thought i would share.

You can buy on e-bay or via their website http://mako.com.au/

Default Re: Found Disc Brake Conversion for Full Size Buicks (Wildcat LeSabre, Electra)

One of the owners of MAKO (...Tony Gentilcore), is a long time member of the ROA (...Riviera Owners Association), and specializes in 1st generation Riviera !
    Randy Hunter / ROA Charter Member #155 - '68 Buick Riviera GS (clone) '"The JEWAL"
    ...previous Buicks: '68 LeSabre 400 2dr hdtp,'68 Wildcat 2dr hdtps (2), '68 Riviera (2 parts cars),'80 LeSabre V6 4 dr (...long gone slug)
    Check out the ROA here: www.rivowners.org ,and my '68 Riviera here: http://www.v8buick.com/garage_vehicl...w_vehicle&id=1

cjp69 is online now Platinum Level Contributor

Default Re: Found Disc Brake Conversion for Full Size Buicks (Wildcat LeSabre, Electra)

Sounds similar to Scarebird, they have been doing that for years.

https://scarebird.com/index.php?rout...tegory&path=59
    Chris

70 Stage 1 4 speed for sale or trade

Quote Originally Posted by cjp69 View Post
    Sounds similar to Scarebird, they have been doing that for years.

https://scarebird.com/index.php?rout...tegory&path=59

Nice! I had not seen these. However, the Aussies claim their brackets allow the stock rotors to work with older Rallye wheels (designed for drums).

"These powerful calipers and large rotors are designed to stop 2 ton+ cars and trucks but yet compact enough to fit factory 15" rims without any modifications to your vehicle or the need for wheel spacers. Spare parts and pads are readily available."

Thanks for the info. and to think I used Harmon Classic Brakes in the USA...who were great. But there was an answer around the corner!
    1968 Wildcat Custom coupe

Wilwood makes a conversion. I put them on my 63 Wildcat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rivman View Post
    One of the owners of MAKO (...Tony Gentilcore), is a long time member of the ROA (...Riviera Owners Association), and specializes in 1st generation Riviera !
    Another benefit of Tony's solution is the use of 1970s era rotors -- that means a full-size Buick owner from the late 60s can also use 895 Rally wheels from the 70s -- theses are more plentiful and cost effective if you are not focused on finding numbers matching wheels