Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Swapping to an Edelbrock

    I'm swapping out my current carb setup for a single 4 barrel. I went with the edelbrock 1407 with manual choke. Do I need a carb adapter. Can someone help me with part numbers I picked up an Edelbrock heat plate part number 9266 and it's wide to mount to the nailhead intake.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Missoula, Montana

    Default Re: Swapping to an Edelbrock

    If you had a square bore carb on there to begin with (Carter, Holley), the Edelbrock will bolt right on. If you had a spread bore (Quadrajet) you'll need an adapter like this one: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-2696/overview/

    1963 Custom Riviera 401 Nailhead
    1972 Mach 1 552" Stroker
    1970 Cadillac Coupe Deville 472"
    1974 F100 395" Stroker daily driver

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: Swapping to an Edelbrock

    I just did this on my 425. I used a 1411 Edelbrock with a factory gasket, and an AFB full open steel baffle plate. Search my other threads and you'll find a write up I did on the swap.




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 06:44 AM
  2. Edelbrock 1411 - Edelbrock Performer Carburetor
    By lopez68lark in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 01:03 PM
  3. swapping a 264 into a 322?
    By MorrowDeath in forum Classic Buicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 08:29 PM
  4. Swapping 250 for 455
    By Jessab in forum Wet behind the ears??
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 11:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Back to top