Welcome to V8Buick.com.

View Poll Results: What parts would you buy in the next 12 months?

Voters
593. You may not vote on this poll
  • Outer Wheelhouse, LH, HT $129.00

96 16.19%
  • Outer Wheelhouse, RH, HT $129.00

102 17.20%
  • Outer Wheelhouse, LH, Convert $199.00

68 11.47%
  • Outer Wheelhouse, RH, Convert $199.00

64 10.79%
  • Factory Style Quarter Panel HT- LH $600

125 21.08%
  • Factory Style Quarter Panel HT- RH $600

129 21.75%
  • Factory Style Quarter Panel Convert LH $800

78 13.15%
  • Factory Style Quarter Panel Convert RH $800

77 12.98%
  • Core Support- All - $259.00

236 39.80%
  • Deck Filler panel- HT- $159

86 14.50%
  • Deck Filler Panel- Convert- $199

20 3.37%
  • Front Fender- All- LH $359

196 33.05%
  • Front Fender- All RH $359

212 35.75%
  • Wheel opening molding (all 4) HT/Convert $259

128 21.59%
  • Inner front fender LH all - $279

82 13.83%
  • Inner front fender RH all - $279

174 29.34%
  • Door skin LH - $199

94 15.85%
  • Door skin RH- 199

89 15.01%
  • Drip Rail moulding set- HT- $199

54 9.11%
  • Rear Bumper- 70 $299

120 20.24%
  • Rear Bumper 71/2 $299

70 11.80%
  • Rear Bumper 71-2 with N25 option $359

104 17.54%
  • Front Bumper- 70 $299

113 19.06%
  • Front Bumper- 71 $299

65 10.96%
  • Front Bumper- 72 (less rubber kit) $299

54 9.11%
  • Trunk Drops

50 8.43%
  • future

18 3.04%
  • future

3 0.51%
  • future

3 0.51%
  • future

7 1.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Parts

I think you guys are on the right track. I also would like to have available such parts as the rear window plastic inside corner pieces for hard tops. Some of these small type items are almost impossible to find/get now. Anyone else have idea's on parts that all might need. Of course the ones I need are plastic not metal. I did vote on your list, because I am in need of some of those parts already. Especially the deck panel below the rear window. Several of my cars are starting to leak in the rear window corners. I need to find a good welder or find several good donor cars. Anyway that's my great input, for what it is worth.

gs-man,
    Those package tray corners are available now as repros for 70-2 Skylarks.
    Visit www.thepartsplaceinc.com and check them out.
    George Nenadovich
    Buick Performance Club Founder
    www.BuickPerformanceClub.com

Thumbs up radiator core support ,71 GS

i am in need of a good radiator core support for my 71 GS...any shot ?? thanks ,,,cruisin' lou

Lou,
    Get the kit from www.mrbuick.com They are great!
    George Nenadovich

JW,
    What is the status of this project??? Been a year! I know you are busy but was wondering about an update.

I am working on having the inner front fender braces reproduced. With the lower fender patch panel available and then the inner brace, we can basically save the existing fenders we have now with lower rust thru.
    George Nenadovich

How about a 3 and 4 speed HURST shifter handle!!! Is anybody making one??? Sure would like to see that!!! Randy
    My Hero JOE DIRT!!!

Default 70-72 Body parts.....

Have any of you checked out a company located in Ohio called Tabco?

They make a really good quality repro parts for our Buicks. I am in the process of ordering a set right now after reading some other fellow buick owners reviews. I am in Alberta Canada and they will even ship here....best of all...They are only 169.75 USD....Hope this helps guys....There site is www.tabcobodyparts.com

1971 Skylark owner,
    Brent

Most of the guys know and use Tabco quarters . The best quarter replacemewnt is a whole factory style quarter that way there is no long weld seam in the side of the car that needs to be filled . Look at the quarters available for Chevelles from Goodmark . Just as the factory made them .
    John
    John & Terry Kemper
    GSCA #4322
    BPG #1373

70 Sportwagon

I've long since known that Mopar items are made of unobtainium but I was really hoping to have better luck with my recent foray into Buicks ('72 skylark custom convertible) - ah well, who needs 1/4s anyway - all they do is weigh the car down !
    Scott and I learned bodywork from Chrysler products-- 50 gallons of bondo.

This is a change, cause Scott and I are from South Philly, ya know? We're used to gettin RID of body parts, not makin' more....
    Gregg
    Atlanta
    1970 Chrysler 300
    1972 Chrysler New Yorker
    1973 Imperial LeBaron
    Imperial- its not a Chrysler
    its not a C body

Default Re: Body Part Survey- 70-72 GS/Skylark- who needs what?

I would also like to increase the demand for good whole core supports...parts of mine look like rusty swiss cheese
    - Nick
    - the family project: '70 Skylark Custom convertible, 455, 200-4r

Quote Originally Posted by GStage1 View Post
    JW,
    What is the status of this project??? Been a year! I know you are busy but was wondering about an update.

I am working on having the inner front fender braces reproduced. With the lower fender patch panel available and then the inner brace, we can basically save the existing fenders we have now with lower rust thru.
    George..

I have no ongoing project to be reproducing body panels myself.. this poll was simply put up to see who would be interested in buying what.. for those companies who do wish to repop stuff.. this is all I can do to help them out.

Here is a cut and paste of my first post in this thread.

Sorry if anyone thought I was doing parts.. Just gauging interest for those who are..

-----------------------------------

Recently, there has been a few threads concerning getting body parts repro'ed.

One vendors answer has been that they don't see a market. A few years ago, when the supply of good parts cars and NOS parts was greater, I believe they were correct. But now, with a lot of those cars and parts gone, and with the changing demographics of the owners of a lot of these cars, I think the need may be there now.

Let's find out.

The poll is a list of Body parts for the most common cars. I know you pre-70 guys would like some parts too, but I think we have to start with the most popular body style, the 70-72.

I went to Goodmark's site, and grabbed some sample prices for Chev, Pont and Olds parts.. .

In some cases, I raised the prices, due to what I percieve as less demand than the example I looked at..

This is not about getting a bargin folks.. it's about getting them to make a part, that they can do, make money, and make us more parts...

The poll lists a part, a possible retail price based on other the prices for the same part for other brands, that they offer.

If you would purchase one of these parts, for the suggested retail price listed, then vote for that part. These are all 70-72 body parts.

You can vote as for as many items as you need. But don't just click them all, for the sake of "fattening up the poll" because if we get them to make a part, and nobody buys it, they will be much less likely to make something else for us. We need a reasonably accurate survey here.

We will give this some time to develop, and then forward the results to a number of manufacturers. And then maybe we can get something done.

The order that they appear in the poll, is what I consider the priority for need parts.. when's the last time you saw an NOS, or even good used, outer wheelhouse for sale?? And lots of guys need them..

Quarters and wheelhouses are almost automatic in this shop.. I have a few cars right now that could use wheelhouses.

This poll is open for 30 days, you can vote for as many parts as you will need.

Also note that to add validity to this poll, the vote is public.. what you voted for, and your username, will appear. (Although a glitch in the software will not allow you to see the names, after you vote)

Qwner/operator
    Tri-Shield Performance
    Jim Weise
    Founder/Owner
    V-8 Buick.com
    www.trishieldperf.com
    763-422-8685
    Owner/operator

Tri-Shield Performance
    Jim Weise
    Founder/Owner
    V-8 Buick.com
    320-629-8999

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    Abraham Lincoln
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Any hints on chrome trim for a 71 convertible? I need the side body molding and i seems like searching for peace in the middle East.

Do you mean the strip designed to deter door dings?
    Jim Lore
    BPG 1037
    "If you cannot clear up the confusion at least make the confusion clear."

i dont see it on the list ... but i definely would be in for a repro steel GS hood ... cant bring myself to buy a glass one...
    Rick
    IL

Exclamation Re: Body Part Survey- 70-72 GS/Skylark- who needs what?

Quote Originally Posted by RICKYC53 View Post
    i dont see it on the list ... but i definely would be in for a repro steel GS hood ... cant bring myself to buy a glass one...
    Rick
    IL
    I DONT WANT A GLASS ONE EITHER!!!!!!!
    TIM LOVE ...owner of the RUSTBUCKET ....all your restoration need's

The Nation's Capitol,Washington,DC...S.E.

I've noticed that when it comes to GRILLES,it would seem that very few members respond about the 1972 Grille compared to say a 1970 or a 1971...but when I take a look,that they're more than a few of us '72 owners...unless we get our plug in on a reproduction '72 GS Grille,trying to find a good-to-decent grille will be harder to find than TICKETS to the SUPER BOWL,an hour before kickoff...just a thought.Jay B.Britt,Jr.
    britt'sStage 1

Quote Originally Posted by britt'sStage 1 View Post
    I've noticed that when it comes to GRILLES,it would seem that very few members respond about the 1972 Grille compared to say a 1970 or a 1971...but when I take a look,that they're more than a few of us '72 owners...unless we get our plug in on a reproduction '72 GS Grille,trying to find a good-to-decent grille will be harder to find than TICKETS to the SUPER BOWL,an hour before kickoff...just a thought.Jay B.Britt,Jr.

Your best chance is to approach either Buick Frank on here or Joe at the Parts Place with pre-orders backed up by dollars in hand. They may tell you how many pre-orders backed up by deposits they require before they will commit to this project. Many will say they will buy one but many will never follow through. I suspect you are talking in the range of 600 bucks a piece. Make sure to get these pre-painted with studs.
    Jim Lore
    BPG 1037
    "If you cannot clear up the confusion at least make the confusion clear."

i agree a 72 grille would be nice
    i don't even know how mine stays on the car it getting so bad
    charlie nagel
    full time ase master tech
    72 skylark 350 GSX paint scheme
    CZF 2004r D5 2500 stall
    750q-jet 1" 4hole spacer / ta intake / hei
    ta 1 5/8 chrome headers
    3" dual exhaust w/ 40 series flowmasters
    8.5 2.73 posi
    3680lbs with me in it

Hood hinges would be a good one to add to the list as well. I think most everyone needs a set...
    BPG Member #1023 <<--guess this is done with??
    71 GS Stage 1 hardtop
    72 GS 350 ragtop
    http://www.fixjet.ca

20. Default Re: Body Part Survey- 70-72 GS/Skylark- who needs what?

70 non ac heater control cables?
    MarkO
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Raoul Duke
    Street Sleeper~'70 Skylark Holiday Coupe
    Build-> http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.ph...ge-Find/page10
    N2O-> http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.ph...-Nitrous-facts
    Hydraulic Clutch &T/O Bearing-> http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.ph...-chime-in-here

Repro steel hood would be awesome. Door skins are always good as are front fenders. Hood would be a big hit across the three years, I would think. Steve
    72 GS Stage 1
    M20 4 speed
    Cortez Gold

Thanks to Mark Reeves of Then and Now Automotive quarters, core supports, tulip panels, and Pass inner front fender are available or soon will be. Thabns to thepartsplace rear hardtop and convert inners are available along with 67, 70 and 71 grilles N 25 tips, and other parts we have needed for a long time. Lets spend some money and start supporting these guys. If I had a rusty GS I would be ordering right now. Due to my spending 10k I no longer have rust issues in my Suncoupe project. Trunk Drops are available thru Sherman associates. I am sure someone else can add more to this list. Lets keep the parts trains moving.
    John & Terry Kemper
    GSCA #4322
    BPG #1373

70 Sportwagon

Hi All, I haven't been on the board much lately, just so busy with other things. But, I did have a little birdy tell me that Then and Now was getting ready to make some core supports, so I gave them a call.

The guy who answered was really nice and was willing to listen to me tell about my car and how I found the original owners through this forum. :-)

He said that the core supports should be ready in 30-60 days and the price should be around $500 give or take a bit.

Now I can't wait to get my hands on one of these pieces and get back to work on my car, as soon as it gets warmer.
    Scott

1970 GS 455 Stage 1

"If you can read this, thank a teacher . .. and since it's in English, thank a soldier."

how many 70-72 skylark/gs repro headlight bezels would sell?
    Frank. 1970 GS Stage-1. Past Buicks: '71 gs455, "70 gsx (clone) convertable. '72 suncoupe. & '66- skylark 300-3 on the tree. 66 skylark/gs 401/4-speed.

Quote Originally Posted by mainebuick View Post
    how many 70-72 skylark/gs repro headlight bezels would sell?
    2 for me, but depends on the price/quality. Mine aren't real bad, but would still like some new if they were made.
    Scott

1970 GS 455 Stage 1

"If you can read this, thank a teacher . .. and since it's in English, thank a soldier."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast