Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Stage1 Jeff Guest

Default full size buick registry

besides the BCA,is there such a thing as a registry for the big buicks(le sabre/electra)?

Dunno about that. I'd say this V8 board has more tank coverage than any other I can recall.
    Dan

1969 Wildcat Convertible (14.92 @ 91.54)

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod84buick
    besides the BCA,is there such a thing as a registry for the big buicks(le sabre/electra)?
    Sounds like a job for Smartin, our resident full-size expert.
    Brad Conley. 70 GSX Prototype, 71 Black GSX, 87 GNX Prototype, 75 Skyhawk, 2 86 GN's, 72 Centurion Convert and a host of other Buicks!

I've got a registry on the backburner...just need to find some time to get it going.

Would you guys be itnerested in a complete full size registry? I was going to do a Centurion registry, but if there is enough interest, we could get something else going.

I'll need help though.

I know there is a boattail registry already..
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe
    www.antiqueautomotiveservice.com

http://www.antiqueautomotiveservice.com/images/logo_top.gif

Stage1 Jeff Guest

yeah i would!! count my 75 in!!

Trevor (crazyjackcsa) and I have started a Riviera registry, Boattails only. 1971-1973. Which is only 99K Boattails as apposed to the approx. 1.14million Rivieras from 63-99. Eventually i'd like to set up a website as it is much easier and more people can be reached. Bad Boattail was working 73's, i had 72's and Trevor had 71's. A full size registry would be cool, then the "less popular" years and models of Buicks would be accounted.
    Rob

1971 Buick Electra 225 Custom Limited 4dr, 56,934 miles
    1995 Buick Park Avenue
    BPG #2020

I would definetly be interested in a full size registry.
    Zach
    BPG #1217
    '73 Electra 225 Coupe, 455-4
    155,000+ miles and going
    Weekend Driver
    Posi still sitting in a box.
    '96 LeSabre 3800 Series II
    Daily Driver

Talking

Me too ........
    Bruce and Shirley
    bdurband@gmail.com

2003 Park Ave Ultra

Pearl White , SC 3800 , One owner, collector owned .

39,000 Original miles , hard loaded with all the goodies

Independent Trucker hauling refrigerated foods all over the USA !

Owner / Operator of long Way Home Transportation

Ok guys,

I've done some thinking. A complete full size Buick registry would be great, but how could it be broken up? That seems to cover way too broad of an area really.

As I was getting ready to hit the GO button on www.fullsizebuicks.com , I decided to hold off, since this is a pretty big undertaking, especially considering the fact that I have no idea how many of our full size cars will be included in the site.

SOOOOOO.....I have started off with my own little thing that I've been wanting to do for a long time. www.buickcenturion.com

It's not activated yet, but I just paid for it.

Now, if there is someone/somepeople that are interested in taking on another chunk of our cars, then feel free!! I hardly even have time to do the Centurion thing, let alone a whole PILE of different models. We could even create some sort of web-ring for our registries, so that they stay closely knit and easy to access.

BTW, I am moving this thread to the Boatload forum and making it a sticky.

Merry Christmas!!
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

Stage1 Jeff Guest

ok le sabre and electra owners, let's be heard!!
    let's start a 1959-76 electra/le sabre registry!!
    Last edited by Stage1 Jeff; 12-25-2004 at 10:10 PM.

my3buicks Guest

Default and the rest

and why would we want to shut off the 77 and up Electra/LeSabre owners?

Stage1 Jeff Guest

oops, how bout 59 to 84 electra,
    59 to 85 le sabre

exactly...that's the dilemma (sp?)

It's going to take at least one volunteer (some think of that as a curse word) to tackle each model/section, and even break it down some more. Possibly by body styles - ie. 66-70 Riv, 71-73 Boattails, 71-76 Electra 225/Limited, or even a Limited registry.

These are a lot of work! Keep that in mind.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

What if we had a master homepage for the full sizers that acted as a directory towards the broken down categories. A person/group of people would be responsible for each category/registry/website. Body styles broken up the years like Smartin says would be the most logical. Another question would be if you want each category to be designed differently or to have a master template to follow for uniformity? Something else I just thought of with domain names. One could register the fullsize domain with a hoster that offers multiple subdomains, then have each category living in its respected subdomain, i.e. www.71-73boattails.fullsizebuicks.com, www.71-76electras.fullsizebuicks.com, etc.

And again as Smartin mentions, it will be a lot of work. It would have to slowly be created as everyones' freetime to work on it would be limited. I'm working 7 days a week currently and still haven't finished working on my uncle's website that I thought I would have been done by Christmas.
    Zach
    BPG #1217
    '73 Electra 225 Coupe, 455-4
    155,000+ miles and going
    Weekend Driver
    Posi still sitting in a box.
    '96 LeSabre 3800 Series II
    Daily Driver

I wouldn't count the FWD electras as full size, sweet cars they are though. I'd say as early as you can go up to 1984 when the last RWD electra went byebye
    Mike

Default full size buicks

i would be more than happy to help out. the problem is i'am not very good with a computer, adam still has to post my pictures for me. my 76 limited would fit right in here. what about my 74 riviera GS. i would consider it a full size buick. just my opinion, but i don't see how you can consider 77-84 electra's in the same SIZE class as the, say 71- 76 models. i can see the problems adam was talking about.

It's going to be near impossible for everyone to follow one specific form or code for documenting these things.

I'd recommend that whatever bunch of cars you're most interested in registering should be one that you concentrate on specifically. That way, it gets the proper attention. Sometimes you have to be selfish!

It's like me starting an Opel registry. I could do it, but I have absolutely no interest in the cars. So it should probably be left to someone who is fanatical about them. There may or may not be someone out there willing to start a registry like that, and we just have to live with it.

Same deal with the Stage1 registry and the GSX registry. These guys are doing what their passions are. I'm a Centurion nut, so naturally, I'll be diggin on those for my registry.

You never know, possibly in the next couple years if this deal becomes big enough we could merge everything into one master site, but I don't see that happening.

Remember, we aren't getting paid for our time.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

Stage1 Jeff Guest

seems to me le sabres from 71-76 were similar in design to the centurion

Yep....it was the same car with different trim really. Shet metal was the same except for the hood, in which Centurions do not have venti-ports.

You could even include Electras & Estate wagons (even though they were C bodies, they still shared the same front clip and somedoors & interior decor.)

Biggest difference, is that Centurions were only made for 3 years.....71-73
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

Ok, So I'll ask the dumb question.....What is the purpose of a registry? All this talk about Electras, LeSabres and Centurions......what about Wildcats????? David
    David
    another member of the W.O.T.
    3 1968 Wildcats and a few other cars
    WANTED: 1968 WILDCAT COUPE

Dave if there's someone willing to take on the project....

Let's see..

Electra 225, Limited
    LeSabre
    Wildcat
    Centurion
    Riviera
    Invicta

Would Estate Wagons be included in this group? What am I missing?
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

you forgot the park ave. guys!!!

Default What's involved

Can we get some information on what would be required of the volunteer? Smartin, I see you paid for a web address. Is this what's needed from other volunteers? What else is needed?

I'd be interested in helping but I have no clue what's involved. I'd hate to volunteer and then find out I can't commit sufficient resources ultimately just to screw it up for the others...
    John D
    56 Super 2 dr
    69 GS 400 Conv
    69 Electra LTD 2 dr ( No longer Limited)
    95 Riviera S-Charged ( Sold)
    06 Lacrosse CXL

Copied from my thread at the BCA board:

http://www.aaca.org/ubbthreads/showf...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Well, since I've typed my response twice, and lost it both times due to a glitch in v8buick, I'm taking it over here.

Here's the schtick:

There has been a big interest in starting a complete full size Buick registry from some of the members over there (who are also members here!) so...

Best idea so far is to start a Main site which serves as an anchor for the subdomains of each model/year car:

Main site example: www.fullsizebuicks.com

Subdomain examples: www.fullsizebuicks.centurion.com
    www.fullsizebuicks.lesabre.com

etc etc etc

Problem: Lots of $$$ to host/register domain names. Who will pay for this?

So, my proposal...

Most people who are interested in doing this are the most fanatical of their respective interests. I have already registered the domain name www.buickcenturion.com in preparation for a future Centurion registry.
    We need to realize that this is no simple task. It takes lots of time and energy, and $$$ to get these sites working properly!! And it's all going to come our of our pockets. I'm already paying hundreds of dollars a year for my 3 sites, and I just added another $100 to the yearly bill for this Centurion site (with all the goodies of course).

You can get cheap hosting from www.doteasy.com for $25 a year, but it has virtually no extras....just a name and some webspace. Simple sites like a personal information site or whatever will run fine with this.

I used to use that package with the Parts Directory, but with the info and traffic I get, I had to upgrade to a MUCH bigger package. It gets expensive fast...

The forum is now open for opinions and suggestions
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

I'd also like to have a registery for the 1953-1985 Buick B-C-E bodies with Buick V-engines and full frame construction. That would include most pre-76 LeSabre-Invicta-Wildcat-Centurion-Electra-Riviera, from 1977 to 85, V-6 and 350 Buick powered cars.
    Of course, we could choose to include non-Buick powered cars but then, we would have to include most of the non-Buick powered eighties Buick full-size cars (there are many) and the 1986 -90 Estates and 1991-96 Roadmasters too...
    I'd be interested to help too, just don't know how! Adam, explain me what to do and I'll do it!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast