Welcome to V8Buick.com.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Full Size Buick Registry

yea easiest web address would be fullsizebuicks.com or even just bigbuicks.com ...but instead of .lesbre....sub domains why not just create a serperate main page..
    http://fullsizebuicks.com/main.htmp...which could have a picutre of each car...hot linked to their specific page
    click picture of lesabre and it goes it..
    http://fullsizebuicks.com/lesabre.html
    Mike aka BiZnO
    72 twinturbo Skylark

Buick 350 Inspirational members to me..
    TuBBeD for his 551+ N/A build
    BillMah52 First to take a 350 where no man has gone before
    Justa350 First to hang a pair of turbos and cause Kaos
    GSJohnny First to max out the bore at .090 and his .075 and have engines that actually breath well N/A!
    Bobb Makley First well known to Stroke a 350
    Ken Betts, Hopefully the guy to pull-off 350 AL heads :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface5384 View Post
    yea easiest web address would be fullsizebuicks.com or even just bigbuicks.com ...but instead of .lesbre....sub domains why not just create a serperate main page..
    http://fullsizebuicks.com/main.htmp...which could have a picutre of each car...hot linked to their specific page
    click picture of lesabre and it goes it..
    http://fullsizebuicks.com/lesabre.html
    well if someone were to create something for full-size buicks
    kindly organize it nice like bimmerforums.com or bimmerfest.com
    that's structure!
    -Pete
    --1964 Buick Wildcat (401)
    ---The Only 2-Door '64 Registered in the State of New York
    (there are four 4-door 64's reg'd in NY)

Mr62Buick Guest

I think we need to have pre-smogged vehicles in a group, like the 68 and olders... (69 and up had smog pumps and the GNX and more of the 70's sport vehicles) I think that alot would like to include thier buicks, but I also know that my group of nailhead nuts from 66 and older would prefer our own group. Maybe we can make a group from 53-66 buicks, and another from 1967-1978 (pre computered vehicles) Electronic ignition is ok, but fuel injectioned vehicles like the GN and more should have thier own group too. What do you think??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr62Buick View Post
    I think we need to have pre-smogged vehicles in a group, like the 68 and olders... (69 and up had smog pumps and the GNX and more of the 70's sport vehicles) I think that alot would like to include thier buicks, but I also know that my group of nailhead nuts from 66 and older would prefer our own group. Maybe we can make a group from 53-66 buicks, and another from 1967-1978 (pre computered vehicles) Electronic ignition is ok, but fuel injectioned vehicles like the GN and more should have thier own group too. What do you think??
    Smog pumps were installed in 1966 on California cars (yes, there are Nailheads with smog pumps!). In the other states and in Canada, it was 1972... But in 1975, they were removed for a few more years because of the catalytic converters. My 1975 Electra doesn't have a smog pump...

My 66 Wildcat had a factory smog pump...one of very few I've ever seen.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe
    www.antiqueautomotiveservice.com

http://www.antiqueautomotiveservice.com/images/logo_top.gif

EEE is offline Straight out of lo-cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartin View Post
    My 66 Wildcat had a factory smog pump...one of very few I've ever seen.
    I looked at a 66 Electra today that also had a smog pump.
    Kimson
    1966 Wildcat

- 1972 Centurion (R.I.P.)
    - 1973 Riviera (sold)

Mr62Buick Guest

How about 50-59 (classics) then 1960-1969 (musclecars) then 1970-1979 (smogged vehicles) then the 80's (computer controlled) then the 90's (too much luxury) then the millenium (cars not worth a dam with chinese parts)

AND they must have a V8 motor!

I have the fullsizebuicks.com domain.

I was going to do something with it, asked for a little help, and no one responded.....any of the 6 times I asked.....still have it....
    Jeff
    68 Wildcat Conv
    69 Riv (Gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by badcat View Post

I was going to do something with it, asked for a little help, and no one responded.....any of the 6 times I asked.....still have it....
    I'd be willing to help out with a site if you are going forward with it.
    1967 Buick Electra 225 Convertible

V8 Garage: http://www.v8buick.com/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=20916

Quote Originally Posted by badcat View Post

What do you need help with? I'm in and will help as much as I can.
    1963 Wildcat 4 Dr. HT

W.O.T. SERGEANT MAJOR AT ARMS

I'm clueless when it comes to computer geek crap but I'm willing to try and help anyway i can. Tom

OK, it is a small project...I have a few other irons in the fire...give me about 3 weeks, and I will a shell out there and then petition you guys for some specific help!

Thanks,
    Jeff
    68 Wildcat Conv
    69 Riv (Gone but not forgotten)

Anything new happening with this?
    I think it would be cool.
    Kap

I'd like to see a full size reistry, just because i don't think there are many 72 LeSabres left on the road, the last owner of mine seems to think there were about 4 on the road when he registered last year

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBoattail455 View Post
    Trevor (crazyjackcsa) and I have started a Riviera registry, Boattails only. 1971-1973. Which is only 99K Boattails as apposed to the approx. 1.14million Rivieras from 63-99. Eventually i'd like to set up a website as it is much easier and more people can be reached. Bad Boattail was working 73's, i had 72's and Trevor had 71's. A full size registry would be cool, then the "less popular" years and models of Buicks would be accounted.
    I started a boattail registry and library site a few months ago. boattail-riviera-by-buick (my first post so it wont put link its dot com) Looked for a registry before hand never did find until I found this today -

Please take a look and get in touch with me about combining our efforts

I extend my personal invitation to all Boattail Owners to come see and be part of -Your New Boattail Buick Registry
    The Registry's purpose is to gather and share information about our beloved Rivieras – all information you send in will be shared on the site – (Specific car/owner specific only in secure Members Only Area). We need your information documents expertise pictures etc, so please send anything you may have in (No Riview materials - Ray Knott does not want any of those posted).
    You may Sign up/Login to create and modify your own Rivs secure page. Access to other member pages is only on your Members Control Panel – which require a members account and log in.
    Public area has lots of info and includes Photo Galleries, The Library and Basic Registry Info
    The site consists four main components
    The Public Area (access for anyone) - Contains Photo Galleries and basic info.
    The Public Registry - Contains Basic info on individual Rivs - is automatically built when you enter info for a members account or you can add only your Riv's basic info here.
    The Public Library - We have permission from GM to post original manuals, advertising etc (see About Terms of Use for more info) - It already contains full searchable 71-73 Buick Chassis and Body Manuals (Chassis includes all Buick models, all GM's are in Body Manuals), 71 Dealer Color and Trim Binder, some user manuals plus others and includes Member Created Documents such as your restoration tips,pages are here for your Videos and Recommended Vendor Links. -- It is your portal to not only Share the Pride - but Spread Knowledge.
    The Members Only Area - is secure access only by member account /login - where you can build your own Riv Page - add detailed specific car/owner information - its all automated and builds a you an option list with prices codes etc - by simply selecting what on your Riv.- you can then add pictures in you own set of photo Galleries. Everything in here is under your control
    Photo upload is set up for 3 pictures, 1 to make a trim slide, 1 (will also use others you email me also) for me to make your interior slide, 1 for body trim plate These will auto name and insert photo into to your page, We will then take them from there to make into slides.
    Gallery Upload - requires Java - the upload manager allows you to add pictures to your galeries, rename, delete, create, your folders etc.

We have built comprehensive lists of options for each year boattail – with the help of Yahoo Boattail Group, members of the Riviera Owners Association and co-operation of Buick- Riviera .com - please visit their links on top of the page.
    These lists are part of the automated input and masters will posted for download once we get complete pricing info for 72s. The input windows have space to write some stories/ antidotes as well as a large area for the history of your car plus what's planned or you wish to do.
    Contact to you and previous owners if you supply this info, is on secure pages and the Public Registry Page this is done by a "request contact" link that protects your email address - until you decide to respond or not -- this is great if you are selling your car or people just want ask you questions,(looking at adding a members only comments section for each car, administered by the car owner, tell me what you thinkz)
    You can put For Sale in the Public Registry nickname and contact info in remarks along with your website, if you so desire. You may enter info into The Public Registry without a member account or access to secure pages if so wish - this is mainly for salvage yards (or your next trip to one) and dealers and sellers who do not wish to signup - but want to let us know about the rivs they have (or have had).
    A valid VIN and email is required - and all entries outside member’s area must wait for a review and approval before info is posted.
    Non Riv Owners – may apply for access to members are – but must provide verifiable detailed information such a full name/address/phone #/email/ - ROA/ Yahoo Group membership etc.
    Your pictures will also be used to build picture links to color and trim charts - option lists etc and displayed in the public galleries - along with your name, state, country and any info you wish added(within the space available) just let us when sending them in, or tell us not too post in public galleries if you just want a private account in the members only area

Rob Hayes ROA Member #13010 – see the Riview Registry list for my full contact info

Quote Originally Posted by 72sabre View Post
    I'd like to see a full size reistry, just because i don't think there are many 72 LeSabres left on the road, the last owner of mine seems to think there were about 4 on the road when he registered last year
    At least you've seen 4. The only 4 Dr. Cat I've seen was a 64. Haven't seen a '63 yet here in WA. I might have the only one. Just no way to find out.
    1963 Wildcat 4 Dr. HT

W.O.T. SERGEANT MAJOR AT ARMS

I've seen a few '73 Electra 4-doors on this site. Guess that means that mine isn't the last one. Sure feels like it though. Especially when I try to find parts.

Not to stir up a hornet's nest, but I see the breakdown of full-sized Buicks like this:

-Pre 1958

-1959-1976 - Buick went to the Electra/Invicta/Lesabre line-up in 1959

-1977-1986 + 1991-96 Roadmaster - GM Downsized their full sized cars in 1977

-1987-now - Full sized models changed to FWD in 1987 and V8s were dropped
    Drachen, aka: Jim M
    Metro Atlanta

Current Rides:
    -1970 Buick Wildcat Convertible, 455 V8, Rochester 4 barrel, original condition. Purchased July 2011
    -2014 Dodge Charger SXT - 3.6 L V-6, Purchased new in July 2014

Notable Former Rides
    -2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue, 3.5L 'Shortstar' V6 - Daily Driver, sold in August 2015 with 215,000+ miles
    -1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    , Daily Driver from 1997-2005
    -1966 Pontiac Catalina Ventura Convertible, owned 1997-2000
    -1965 Thunderbird Hardtop, owned 1986-89

Earlier this year I had started a web list of members on this forum with Electras. Got quite a few users who added entries. Here's the listing view:

http://g.dominodeveloper.net/members...Buick!OpenView
    Scott Arno
    Owner - OdysseyOne Web Designs

Site for the Buick Electra 225
    www.Electra225.net
    ----------------------------------------------------

1972 Electra 225 Limited - 110,000 miles
    1973 Electra 225 - 18,000 miles
    1961 Chevrolet Impala - 45,000 miles
    1974 Lincoln Mark IV Gold Group - 95,000 miles

Earlier this year I had started a web list of members on this forum with Electras. Got quite a few users who added entries. Here's the listing view:

http://g.dominodeveloper.net/members...Buick!OpenView
    Scott Arno

www.Electra225.net

Quote Originally Posted by SAARNO View Post
    Earlier this year I had started a web list of members on this forum with Electras.
    You even have a model year 1972 Estate Wagon in there, listed as an "Electra Wagon".......

how about starting the project by year so as to not get overwhelmed, start with the first big buick year and only work on that for a few months. when that is established mo ve on to the next year. as each year is collected later it could be broken down into categories by form filling same information..........ridiculous or helpful,marty

its great to see such interest in these boats. I'm so glad i kept both my family's 225s. I was laughed at, but i held on. Fun projects!
    Scott Arno

www.Electra225.net

There has a lot of discussion for many years on this
    the Boattail Registry is up and running - http://www.boattail-riviera-by-buick.com/

I'm willing to set up templates and host sub Registry Pages like this boattail one

- modified for any generation/model someone wanted to take on the task of providing the initial input data (options /colors/pricing info etc are all automated inputs) and then administer the sub page.

- I think it would best if done by model and generation, but year range can be upto the person who wants to look after each - The library could be common for all and added info like

About
    71 Riviera
    72 Riviera
    73 Riviera
    Boattail Fathers & Sons
    would be optional

A main page with some general info and link to each sub registry would be have to added and included for central access and maybe a main libray

If your seriously interested and willing to a fair bit of work to get a sub Big BuicK Registry going PM or email me and I will set you up with a look into how the Boattail Registry works and what kind of info you will need to collect to make it happen for your Favorite BB

-- WARNING
    initial data set up and learning curve will take hundreds of hours of your time, and administration will take an hour or two a day (particularly if you want make slides, vuild historical sales DB etc for your pages)

so please don't start unless your willing to commit for the long term.
    Rob
    1971 Vintage Red Riviera

1990 Burgundy Olds Ciera International Series
    1996 Cherry Red Jimmy SLS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast