1971 GS 455 Convertible full floor pans and rocker replacement

Discussion in 'The ragtop shop' started by Raymond, Sep 8, 2021.

  1. Raymond

    Raymond Member

    I have 71 GS 455 Convertible that needs inner rockers and floor pan replaced. My question is are coupe and convertible full floor pans the same ? I want a full floor pan with inner and outer rockers already attached. I only see that option in chevelles are buick outer rockers different than chevelles ? Also i would like to order the full floor pan that has the under rear seat metal already attached. Is that an option for this car or do i have to order the buick outer rockers seperately ? And a convertible under rear seat pan separately. Thanks.
  2. Daves69

    Daves69 Too many cars too work on

    I have a friend that had the one piece with rockers installed in his 71 convertible. He got it from OPGI. Looks like it fit okay.
    Hope you have a good metal man to install.
  3. Dano

    Dano Platinum Level Contributor

    Yes, floors/rockers are the same. Personally, I won't use the repro sheetmetal - At least Not while good original stuff is still out there. If you're interested, I have a complete pass floor/rockers/cowl from a '72 Skylark that I bought from AZ that I'd sell (I'm in MD). PM me if interested. Not sure where you are but could poss. deliver or at least get it closer.

    Only reason I'd sell is that my '71 convertible needs all that too plus a trunk floor/tail panel and I found a complete '71 shell with good trunk/pass floors that I'm going to cut up & use instead and keep all that as one piece.
  4. Raymond

    Raymond Member

    Dano. Im in New Jersey . pm me on price and details. Thanks.
  5. Dano

    Dano Platinum Level Contributor


Share This Page