Throttle ideas???

Discussion in 'Parts wanted' started by yachtsmanbill, Apr 5, 2019.

  1. yachtsmanbill

    yachtsmanbill Well-Known Member

    Looking for throttle linkage (ideas?) for my '64 455/4 speed build. I am using an edelhoser 800 carb and need either the ball for the OEM rod, or convert it to a cable. If thats the case, I have the carb end cable bracket and need the cable, a method of connecting it to the carb, a 400T gas pedal w/o the kick down switch and any assorted stuff for the install. Pretty doesnt matter. Form follows function... Thanks, Bill
  2. BrunoD

    BrunoD Looking for Fast Eddie

    Bill,on my 64,all I had to do is put a bracket that bolts up to the carb,that would be a male and I put the female on the original metal line.Bruno.
  3. TrunkMonkey

    TrunkMonkey Well-Known Member

    GranSportSedan likes this.
  4. yachtsmanbill

    yachtsmanbill Well-Known Member

    WELL NOW! Sometimes I tend to overthink this stuff. Ive had broken motor mounts happen that locked the throttle ROD into the WOT position. THAT's scary. Nowadays motor mounts are interlocked so they dont separate. I think a small Heim type connector on the carb arm to a bent rod to the gas pedal clevis will do just fine.

    I have the original rod, but its pretty short (off the V6). The carb end pops on and off (ball) but the ball went with the carb to a 65gs member. Im gonna get the heim job, make a rod, and use the OEM clevis, and have a nice day! BAMM! Done...

    Thanks guys! I guess I needed a day off yesterday to clear the ol' brain bucket! Bill
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  5. yachtsmanbill

    yachtsmanbill Well-Known Member

    Ordered the ball and socket from Pegasus today for 9.95 plus the box and of course nowadays, sales tax. They are in Wisconsin and so am I, but they told me some federal court OK'd interstate taxation on sales. So different states/area have different rates, WHO GETS THE GIDAS? Our area here is 5% and yet the company in Milwaukee is 5.1%... Its gonna cost them way more to process that dime. ws

    BUICKRAT Torque Rules!

    Definitely convert to cable style, if you have ever broken a motor mount with the old linkage style, the motor goes to WOT as the engine rises. I just got a universal cable setup for a Chevelle, and it works well. A bit finnicky to install though. If you have clamshell mounts, no problem. Wasn't aware they make them for our cars, though.
  7. yachtsmanbill

    yachtsmanbill Well-Known Member

    Hey Steve...I was thinking of a double bolt safety that would use the 2 hot air stove bolts and a hook around the upper control arm. Did a 454 BBC once with a turnbuckle to the frame off the front motor mount bolt. Worked well also.

    I "believe" our late style motor mounts are an interlock arm type inside the rubber. Exspurts??? ws
  8. Rocketscientis

    Rocketscientis Well-Known Member

    Hav vast selection of pedals / linkages & just replaced my 70 c-50 wreckers linkage so hav good idea of what & where it is also
    If your still in need or find you are in th future

Share This Page