1956-58 Buick/Olds Convertible Pinchweld

Discussion in 'Parts wanted' started by Jason U, Jan 5, 2017.

  1. Jason U

    Jason U New Member


    I am from Alberta, Canada. I am in the early stages of restoring a 1957 Buick convertible. I am missing the passenger side pinchweld that goes around the rear of the convertible top. This is the piece that has snaps on it so you can snap on the cover over the convertible top when it is down.

    Here is the picture of the drivers side.

    Pinch weld.jpg

    If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one, or where parts cars may be located, I would greatly appreciate any information!

  2. wheelz

    wheelz 'B' is for Buick.

    Jason, I have a very good friend who has many Buicks and a barnful of stainless trims. I'm almost certain he will have what you need, however, WHAT model trim is this for?

    Wheelz, Tampa Bay
  3. Jason U

    Jason U New Member

    Hello Wheelz,

    I have a 57 Buick Special, but I know that the Century will fit as well. From discussions on other forums, I found out that the pinchweld from the Roadmaster and Super should work as well. Also, the Oldsmobile pinchweld should fit as well. And someone did a part number lookup for me and the part numbers are the same for the 58 Buick and even the 56 Buick, so there are potentially more options out there besides just the 57.

    Thanks a bunch!
  4. wheelz

    wheelz 'B' is for Buick.

    Jason... I just returned from my buddies warehouse and altho he has quite a colllection of stainless trim, mostly Chevy, he dosent have what you need.
    FEAR NOT, he says whenever he gets a request for stainless he doesnt have, he contacts this guy:

    CLASSIC AUTO PARTS 208.762.8080 18438 North Pope Road, Hayden ID 83835.

    I havent looked yet but he says Google the website and you'll see a good bunch of his stainless collection...

    Good Luck!

    Wheelz, Tampa Bay

Share This Page