Rear Bumper rubber block

Discussion in 'Parts wanted' started by IlliniGSX, Mar 2, 2020.

  1. IlliniGSX

    IlliniGSX GSX #401

    I need one rear bumper rubber block for a 1970 car. I bought a pair off Ebay but they are not for a 70 and my bumper does not fit correctly.

    Thanks Jim
  2. 1967 Big Buick

    1967 Big Buick One day at a time.

    Got a pic of the one you need?

    If i got one just pay shipping
  3. BrunoD

    BrunoD Looking for Fast Eddie

    Are you talking about the rubber that goes into the bumper at each end?or I think the rubbet about 5 inch long and it mounts on the body of car.Bruno.
  4. Duane

    Duane Member

    I think Jim is talking about the rubber spacers that fit on the body. I did a post about this a while ago showing the differences. Maybe someone could post a link to it.
  5. BrunoD

    BrunoD Looking for Fast Eddie

    That's what I understood.I have a set on the 70 GS 350 that's in my driveway.Bruno.
  6. TXGS

    TXGS Paint by numbers 70 GS 455 4spd

    Jim, I think I have an extra. let me check
  7. IlliniGSX

    IlliniGSX GSX #401

    You guys are correct I need the rubber block that slides onto the body seam and supports the bumper. I saw Duane's explanation of the subtle differences and that is how I knew I had the wrong one and why my bumper does not fit right. Thanks for the help. And no, I can not post a picture of the one I need as I am in Florida and it is in Illinois. I will say I had the original I have and the two I bought off Ebay laying side by side and the difference is hard to see but makes a big difference fitting the bumper.
    Please let me know what you have available.


    I have added a photo of what I have on the car. Is it on right and just the wrong one??

    Attached Files:

  8. mrolds69

    mrolds69 "The Cure"

    I think it's installed "Australian" style.
  9. BrunoD

    BrunoD Looking for Fast Eddie

    I think you read people's responses,as I stated I have a set from a 70 GS 350.They are all the same as to BBB or SBB,Bruno,
  10. IlliniGSX

    IlliniGSX GSX #401

    Frank, do you think I have it upside down??

    And Bruno what are you asking for yours shipped to 33917, North Fort Myers FL

    Thanks Guys
  11. mrolds69

    mrolds69 "The Cure"

    Jim, yeah...I think it's upside down. I don't think it's a 70 spacer. Sometimes the bumper or closeout panel is tweaked. Sometimes you have to move them more L or R. I think the assembly manual location is wrong on these. I sent more info for you.
  12. BrunoD

    BrunoD Looking for Fast Eddie

    I'll take $20.00 plus 8.00 shipping.The small Post Office box now its $7.95.Bruno.
  13. Redmanf1

    Redmanf1 Gold Level Contributor

    Courtesy of Duane in another post::: Looks like you have 71-72.. Sounds like Duane nailed your problem.

    "You can use the 70 piece on a 71-72 rear bumper and get away with it (of course they may fall out later), but if you use a 71-72 piece on a 70 rear bumper, the rubber pushes the bumper off the car more and makes the gap too big.
    Buick rear Bumper Spacers 70 +71-72.jpg
    1967 Big Buick likes this.
  14. IlliniGSX

    IlliniGSX GSX #401

    Bruno, PM sent.

Share This Page