Window fuzzies

Discussion in 'Chassis restoration' started by 67 Post GS, Jan 6, 2021.

  1. 67 Post GS

    67 Post GS Well-Known Member

    Looking at getting window fuzzies for my 72 GS coupe. What's everyone using? Any positives/negatives to each brand out there? Thanks, Ronnie.
  2. gstewart

    gstewart Well-Known Member

  3. 67 Post GS

    67 Post GS Well-Known Member

    Thank you. I am looking more for the original style with the thin piece of trim centered on the rubber.
  4. Redmanf1

    Redmanf1 Gold Level Contributor

    Look at the ones to the right in the link, more like what you are looking for ($94.99).
    67 Post GS and Dano like this.
  5. Dano

    Dano Platinum Level Contributor

    I don't trust any of this repro stuff but sometimes there's no choice - I have 1 or 2 sets of nice used ones for the outside of the quarter glass on a hardtop (not sure if I have any outers for doors) but nothing for the convertible. Have you used these?
  6. 1972 Stage 1

    1972 Stage 1 Well-Known Member

    If you can still find them, I recommend you try to purchase the TWE brand (Ted Williams Enterprises). They are the closest/best fitting ones made, other than NOS. use to sell them, not sure they still do.
    Dano likes this.
  7. Dano

    Dano Platinum Level Contributor

    Thx. James. Who'd have ever thought we'd be searching for NOS repro parts, lol.

    In this case, it appears they're still made - It has the "Repops" logo but underneath says "Ted Williams Enterprises" & a quick search looked they are (were or merged) one in the same.
    1972 Stage 1 likes this.
  8. 67 Post GS

    67 Post GS Well-Known Member

    Thanks I will give them a shot. Probably be a little while, but when I get them on I will let everyone know how they worked.
    jsgs, Dano and 1972 Stage 1 like this.
  9. copperheadgs1

    copperheadgs1 copperheadgs1

    I have used TWE brand and they fit better than the others. I had to tweak the rears a bit however and all the screw holes don’t line up so you may have to drill the body or fuzzy.
    67 Post GS likes this.
  10. gstewart

    gstewart Well-Known Member

    Yes, the TWE brand is what I installed. I did have to redrill a couple holes but the full rear quarters had been replaced in the '90's.
    I thought the correct term for "fuzzies" was window sweeps.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  11. 87GN_70GS

    87GN_70GS Well-Known Member

    There are no rear ones made specifically for our cars. The Chevelle one is very close, with the exception of the screw holes mentioned.
  12. bballsam

    bballsam SoCal Gran Sports

    Ronnie, did you get my #-714-749-8234
  13. 67 Post GS

    67 Post GS Well-Known Member

    Got it, thank you.

Share This Page