Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by 68Rivi_In_Cali, Jun 6, 2021.
I'll give that a go!
This classic ride is getting back to life. The progress looks amazing.
Been a while.
So far I removed both old CD player and cassette players that had been installed. Went with a retro sound Bluetooth radio. Came out great!
I installed the new carpet and one of the new door panels.
Yes, i cut the fresh panel to add a speaker. Only did it because the previous owner had already hacked the door itself to do it. They did a decent job at least.
I think my door panel came out pretty nice.
I also painted the very worn arm rest bases.
I wish I had a good one to 3d copy and and print @ work.
If anyone has a good one I can borrow, I can see about using our 3d scanner at work and maybe making an attempt at 3d print some.
I also installed one of the Parts Place Inc arm rest pads. It didn't fit flush ,even after bending it a bit. Hopefully it will losen up in time and fit the base better.
I added an amp in the trunk area as well to drive 6.5 speakers in the doors and 2 6x9 speakers under the rear deck.
I will make a custom grill cover to add to the near rear package tray I ordered.
I also added LED sequential rear brake lights.
These are for a 70-72 Skylark.
I trimmed the lens housings to make them for, then I used some windshield butyl tape to seal them against the elements. They look great!
Excuse the mess, it's a work in progress
Any pictures of the led boards or the installation process?
Im all for better brake lights to help other drivers see me safely on the highway.
The cars lookin good. They are always a work in progress as you will find unless ur building a show car u will continue to make upgrades for years to come
Unfortunately I didn't take some pictures. I can't beleive I didn't. I usually document most of my work.
The Boards are from DIGI-Tails.
Summit racing had them in stock. These are made for 70-72 Buick Skylarks/ GSs.
They are longer but, they can be made to fit the lenses on the 67.
I did trim / notch the vertical sections of the lenses so the boards would fit flush. I also made sure there was enough clearance for the metal housing to fit over the board and sequential lighting switch that is on the back of it. The board fits snug when the housing is assembled. I used the butyl tape to seal up the hosuings and the section I cut out to make the board fit.
If I get around to it, I will pull one apart and take pictures.
Haven't been on here on a while, here's some more pictures.
I added a derale dual fan with shroud to it to help keep cool after my single fan/ dual speed broke.
Need to track down a 200-4r or gear vendors to help get this thing cruising on the highway. The 3.73s don't allow me to daily it to work.
I am planning on daily driving this since it has a fresh power train and sniper efi set up. Just missing an overdrive